Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 380
Like Tree87Likes
  1. #121  
    DOES NOT SUPPORT HOME EDITIONS OF XP OR WIN7 without patching in Group Policy editor first:

    WIN7HOME FIX: http://blazingtek.org/Touch2PcPrinter/Gpedit1.rar (fully scanned and tested to be virus free!!!... Thanks go out to the creator of this patch, original README files included!!!)

    WINXPHOME FIX: http://blazingtek.org/Touch2PcPrinte...legpeditXP.zip (fully scanned and tested to be virus free!!!... Should be able to extract this and run the .exe for Group Policy Editor no problem...)

    OK crew... My contribution is showing you a really easy way to run this as a startup script using Group Policy Editor... This will work with XP or WIN7 no problem... Open the Group Policy Editor by clicking "Start, run, gpedit.msc" for XP, or simply "Start, gpedit.msc" in WIN7... Navigate to "User Configuration, Windows Settings, Scripts (Login/Logoff)... Double click Startup... Leave that window open, we will come right back to it... Now create a file using notepad and include one line, "c:\Program Files\Touch2PcPrinter\Touch2PcPrinter.exe", be sure to include the quotes due to the spaces in the path and of course edit this line to the exact location where your Touch2PcPrinter.exe is (DURF!!!)... I saved mine as "T2PCP.bat" into the same directory as the .exe... Be sure to use the .bat extension not the .txt (some may have to tell Windows Explorer to unhide known file extensions to make this happen otherwise Windows will tac on the .txt extension automatically... If you can't do that you probably couldn't get the program to work in the first place, or just Google for it)... It will not work otherwise!!!... Now head back to the window you should still have open for "Startup Scripts" from earlier... Click add, now browse and select the .bat file you just created... Click OK, and OK again, reboot the machine... You now have Touch2PcPrinter running silently, in the background, no problem... You do need to be logged on to the user account this was added to for it to work due to the Acrobat application that opens to allow this apps functionality... Thanks again guys for this, it's working great for me on an old school HP PhotoSmart 7150...

    P.S. - Make sure you have the latest version 1.03 of the app that McTristan uploaded a few posts back...
    Last edited by irie111; 09/26/2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: User account must be logged in, does not work with home edition without first adding Group Policy Editor explained above...
  2. #122  
    MY HOW TO ON RUNNING THIS SILENTLY IN THE BACKGROUND ON BOOT...

    I tried posting this normal, it must have been too long because it said it required a moderators approval... Here it is in link form...

    http://blazingtek.org/Touch2PcPrinter/README.txt

    Here is the .bat file, in case anybody has an issue making their own...

    http://blazingtek.org/Touch2PcPrinter/T2PCP.bat (probably have to right click and save target as otherwise the browser will just open it as text)...

  3. #123  
    Black&White/Color and Duplexmode is now succesfully recognized, just need to add some config settings and it will work ...

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #124  
    Version 1.1 has been released. The application is now GUI-based, instead of command line-based. Several improvements from McTristan have been incorporated, such as forcing Adobe Reader to quit after printing a file.

    Please see the first post of this thread for additional information regarding this release.
    RickNeff likes this.
  5.    #125  
    I forgot to mention why the Color/Duplex settings are visible on the printer settings page. It appears that the printmgr program has a list of capabilities that each supported HP printer model provides. These capabilities include color, duplex, and the PCL language level (PCL3GUI vs. PCL5).

    "HP LaserJet CP6015 PCL6" is the printer that is emulated by Touch2Pc Printer, mostly because it was the first PCL5-compatible printer model I could find (PCL3GUI is not supported by GhostPCL, which is the program used to convert from PCL to PDF). Unfortunately, it also supports color and duplex printing, so those options are displayed on the print job settings dialog, despite no support in Touch2Pc Printer for handling those options.

    If we can find a PCL5-compatible HP printer that supports only the set of options that Touch2Pc Printer supports, then there should be no confusion as to why certain options are displayed on the print job settings dialog but don't actually work.
  6. #126  
    Good stuff, printing works for me.

    Still two issues to solve:
    1. Still figuring out which ports needs to be opened as I had to disable my firewall before it worked. I've opened up port 9100 but obviously more is required. Tips are welcome.

    2. There is an error in my log which I don't understand. Might be an application issue. Please advise or maybe something to fix. It still worked even with this error.

    -------- Processing Log --------

    25-09-11 14:57:12 p.m.: Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\renate\Touch2PcPrinter Output
    25-09-11 14:57:12 p.m.: Output printer: Canon iP4500 series
    25-09-11 14:57:12 p.m.: PDF program path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    25-09-11 14:57:12 p.m.: PDF program arguments: /t "{0}" "{1}"
    25-09-11 14:57:12 p.m.: Job timeout: 120 second(s)
    25-09-11 14:57:14 p.m.: Print job listener started successfully
    25-09-11 14:57:14 p.m.: SNMP Agent started successfully
    25-09-11 14:57:14 p.m.: Waiting for incoming job...
    25-09-11 15:41:59 p.m.: Print job listener stopped successfully
    25-09-11 15:41:59 p.m.: SNMP Agent stopped successfully
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\renate\Touch2PcPrinter Output
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: Output printer: Canon iP4500 series
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: PDF program path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: PDF program arguments: /t "{0}" "{1}"
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: Job timeout: 120 second(s)
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: Print job listener started successfully
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: SNMP Agent started successfully
    25-09-11 15:42:03 p.m.: Waiting for incoming job...
    25-09-11 15:47:46 p.m.: Incoming print job from 192.168.100.32:34598
    25-09-11 15:47:50 p.m.: Wrote print job file "C:\Documents and Settings\renate\Local Settings\Temp\tmp364.tmp", 3271146 bytes in size
    25-09-11 15:47:50 p.m.: Converting PCL file to PDF...
    25-09-11 15:47:50 p.m.: Starting pcl6.exe process for conversion to PDF...
    25-09-11 15:47:53 p.m.: pcl6.exe exited normally
    25-09-11 15:47:53 p.m.: Deleting temporary PCL file...
    25-09-11 15:47:53 p.m.: Sending PDF file to be printed...
    25-09-11 15:47:53 p.m.: Starting "AcroRd32.exe" for printing to "Canon iP4500 series"...
    25-09-11 15:48:00 p.m.: Print job complete!
    25-09-11 15:48:00 p.m.: Deleting temporary PDF file...
    25-09-11 15:48:01 p.m.: EXCEPTION OCCURRED: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\renate\Touch2PcPrinter Output\tmp364.pdf' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.Server.runServer() in C:\Users\Corey\Documents\TouchPrint\Touch2PcPrinter\Server.cs:line 150
    25-09-11 15:48:01 p.m.: Waiting for incoming job...

    Thanks for the good work.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Good stuff, printing works for me.

    Still two issues to solve:
    1. Still figuring out which ports needs to be opened as I had to disable my firewall before it worked. I've opened up port 9100 but obviously more is required. Tips are welcome.

    2. There is an error in my log which I don't understand. Might be an application issue. Please advise or maybe something to fix. It still worked even with this error.
    The program requires that TCP port 9100 and UDP port 161 be open to work correctly. As for the second issue, it looks like a relatively harmless problem where the generated PDF file was not able to be deleted. You can delete it manually by going to your output folder and deleting the file. As for why the problem occurs... Adobe Reader should have already terminated before the file is deleted, so it shouldn't have the file open. Maybe antivirus software is scanning the file?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
    The program requires that TCP port 9100 and UDP port 161 be open to work correctly. As for the second issue, it looks like a relatively harmless problem where the generated PDF file was not able to be deleted. You can delete it manually by going to your output folder and deleting the file. As for why the problem occurs... Adobe Reader should have already terminated before the file is deleted, so it shouldn't have the file open. Maybe antivirus software is scanning the file?
    Found why I got the error message in my logs. I already had an instance of Adobe Reader running (with your help file) when printing. Obviously somehow this keeps hold of the process the program tries to delete. Bit weird as it should be another process anyway.

    Thanks for the ports required. But firewall problem still an issue. Added UDP port 161 in addition to TCP 4100, but still no success. The application is also added to the list of applications with full internet access. Obviously there is something else (SNMP?). I'll try to find it myself as I'm maintaining a rigid firewall on my computer and will keep it like that. Everything locked except....
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Found why I got the error message in my logs. I already had an instance of Adobe Reader running (with your help file) when printing. Obviously somehow this keeps hold of the process the program tries to delete. Bit weird as it should be another process anyway.

    Thanks for the ports required. But firewall problem still an issue. Added UDP port 161 in addition to TCP 4100, but still no success. The application is also added to the list of applications with full internet access. Obviously there is something else (SNMP?). I'll try to find it myself as I'm maintaining a rigid firewall on my computer and will keep it like that. Everything locked except....
    Looked into my firewall a bit deeper. Seems to be McAfee Antivirus Plus application problem on PC. I had to manually add an entry with IP address of TouchPad under My network connections in firewall. Even though I've already added an entry for an IP range which included this IP address for home PCs with same settings. Still puzzled why, but it works. At least I don't need to disable entire firewall to print from my TouchPad
  10. #130  
    oooh, I know what I'm installing on my network server tomorrow. A printer driver and this. Our network printer, even though it's a HP wireless, the tools for it refuse to configure it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  11. #131  
    I try to incorporate my latest changes (multiple printer profiles for Color/BW, Duplex/Nonduplex) into the latest source code base and upload it again to github.
  12. #132  
    I've incorporated Coreys changes succesfully into my latest changes, reworked the GUI a bit and uploaded a new Version:

    https://github.com/downloads/McTrist...nter_1_1_1.zip

    There is one big change however - multiple printing profiles are supported with this version.

    You can define 4 different printers now:

    - one printer for Black&White printing / Non-Duplex -> both sliders are set to deactivated on your HP touchpad
    - one printer for Black&White printing / Duplex -> the Duplex slider is set to activated on your HP touchpad
    - one printer for Color printing / Non-Duplex -> the first slider remanins deactivated, the second activated
    - one printer for Color printing / Duplex -> all sliders are activated

    As you can create multiple profiles for a single printer (each with a different name and different standard settings like color, duplex etc.), it will allow you to print different print jobs to different profiles.

    I've succesfully tested it with my own set of printers and it works exceptionally well. If you don't need all this hocus-pocus - just make sure you are selecting the same printer for each "output printer"-field in the "options"-Tab.

    If you need pure PDF output - just select the "None"-entry for at least the "Black&White / Non-Duplex)-setting.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by McTristan View Post
    I've incorporated Coreys changes succesfully into my latest changes, reworked the GUI a bit and uploaded a new Version:

    https://github.com/downloads/McTrist...nter_1_1_1.zip

    There is one big change however - multiple printing profiles are supported with this version.

    You can define 4 different printers now:

    - one printer for Black&White printing / Non-Duplex -> both sliders are set to deactivated on your HP touchpad
    - one printer for Black&White printing / Duplex -> the Duplex slider is set to activated on your HP touchpad
    - one printer for Color printing / Non-Duplex -> the first slider remanins deactivated, the second activated
    - one printer for Color printing / Duplex -> all sliders are activated

    As you can create multiple profiles for a single printer (each with a different name and different standard settings like color, duplex etc.), it will allow you to print different print jobs to different profiles.

    I've succesfully tested it with my own set of printers and it works exceptionally well. If you don't need all this hocus-pocus - just make sure you are selecting the same printer for each "output printer"-field in the "options"-Tab.

    If you need pure PDF output - just select the "None"-entry for at least the "Black&White / Non-Duplex)-setting.
    Just getting back to this today, wow, lots done since I last checked in!!

    Trying the new version now, how do i set multiple profiles? I can only manage to see one printer at the ip address of my printer on my touchpad - how do I get to add the profiles for the different B/W, colour, duplex etc?
  14. #134  
    How do i get to select the different print profiles - I have them saved on your gui but when I go to print from the touchpad, I still only have one printer to choose from with the same two active, but non functioning sliders as before?

    I have been using the version from the last day I was here without any problems, thank you for that, but it would be great to be able to add the option for B/W Duplex.
  15. #135  
    No it works quite a bit different. As we can only "present" one printer to the HP TouchPad we need to find a solution on your PC, i.e. add multiple profiles for one printer with different names to select from.
    Let's say I have Samsung CLP-310 laser printer and I want the Touch2Pc Printer application to print color and black/white but want to be able to choose it on my HP Touchpad I install my printer as usual in Windows, go to the printer properties, tab "Extended" (or something like this), standard settings and change them fix to "Black&White". I then rename my printer to, let's say: "Samsung CLP-310 Black&White".
    I then add a new printer to my windows - same driver, same model, even same connection (USB, TCP-port whatever - just take the same) but instead of changing the color-depth to Black&White in the Standard settings I set them to "Color" and change the name of the new printer to "Samsung CLP-310 Color".*
    In the Touch2Pc Printer settings I choose now "Samsung CLP-310 Black&White" for the Black&White/Non-Duplex-printer, and the "Samsung CLP-310 Color"-printer as the Color/Non-duplex-printer.
    I hope you get the idea - it might be a bit tricky to setup but it is absolutely worth it (even for other programs).
    The main problem is, we can't tell Adobe Reader (or other PDF-readers) which printer-settings to use - just the printer name - that's everything.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  16. #136  
    Ok - Did all that,ty!

    Must be missing something simple though - still only getting one printer on touchpad - toggles not working for duplex etc - how do I get to select the different profiles on the touchpad?

    All the printers added to windows, shared etc for the different profiles, also selected to match the corresponding option on the GUI, just not getting any options on the Touchpad only the one original option with sliders which don't do what they should.
  17. #137  
    OOOPS! Scrap that last post. It was a mistake of my own in the printer preferences for the duplex b/w.

    Working 100% now, fair dues guys, absolutely magic!
  18. #138  
    Pushing it now, lol, but any way of getting the toggles to default to the last selection each subsequent time you select print - for example, i mostly use the Full Duplex B/W option - any way of making this the default on the sliders?
  19. #139  
    Nope, unless we find a patch for WebOS

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by McTristan View Post
    @krburrell:
    It seems either port 161 (UDP) or port 9100 (TCP) is already in use. Could you please check whether the SNMP service is running? If so, try to disable this service as it uses the same port...
    @McTristan: Thanks for the tip. After disabling SNMP service I can get the 1.0.3 version working fine. However I cannot get any version higher than that to work. The program goes through the motion, creates the pdf, sends it to the printer, and shows it as printing but nothing comes out of the printer.

    Not sure where to start trouble shooting???
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions