Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bcok View Post
    This works great for one print job. Then the second and subsequent jobs don't work. The touchpad thinks it was successful, and the cmd window information makes it look successful, but it never prints the second job. I don't see the acroread window open briefly like I do on the first print job. If I close and restart touch2pcprinter it will print one job again and demonstrate the same symptoms.

Same symptoms here guys. I am using a Canon MP610 printer, send the print job, it prints, send a second print job, it says it's printing etc on my touchpad screen, but nothing happens at the printer.

Also, one of the options offered to me when printing on my touchpad to the canon is to switch on double sided printing, i select this but the printer disregards it and prints to two seperate sheets.

The print to two sides feature works from any other print source as I use it regularly.

Any ideas?

Great work btw!!
    Double Side & Color settings do not currently work, sorry - beside the fact that I don't know how to extract these things from the SNMP stream but even if I get these things I don't know how to send these settings to Adobe Reader.

I'm currently looking into the issue with the printing ... Give me some time...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    2nd and subsequent prints work fine for me. I'm using the original from theomodsim.
    I'm linking to Acrobat.exe (Acrobat 6).
    Even stranger, reverting all my changes still produces the same errors. It seems the SNMP stack is no longer answering to WebOS thus I get an timeout error. Interesting sitenote - it works for some printers but not for others.

Got the first part working, it seems the used SNMP library cancels the messages after a while, I'm now restarting the SNMP-agent after each print job. This leaves the "Adobe Reader opens for a couple of seconds but does not print" problem to be solved - stay tuned.

Ahh btw. don't - DON'T have the SNMP-Service running - it is interfering with Touch2Pc Printer.
    Last edited by McTristan; 09/22/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Thanks for the update, good luck with the next bit!
    NEW VERSION:

https://github.com/downloads/McTrist...nter_1_0_3.zip

This release should fix multiple issues:

- Multiple print jobs should be possible now without any issues like Communication errors etc.
    - the 2nd and subsequent print jobs should now open Adobe Reader without any problems
    - SNMP-Engine should now stop properly and not leave the port open after exiting the program
    - some smaller bug-fixes

I've tried this release with about 10 print jobs in a row - please notice that WebOS needs quite some time to process each print job, for a single page sometimes 20 seconds.

Please note that the .ZIP-file contains the .config-file - make sure you don't overwrite your existing settings if you changed them.
    crucian4 and bcok like this.
    Just going to download it now. Will let you know how I get on, probably tomorrow when I get to print a few things. Well done!!
    Just ran four seperate print jobs through consecutively, no problem at all, excellent work!

The option to turn off colour and print double sided not working as you said earlier, but thats not a problem. Great to be able to print reliably thats the main thing.

Thanks for all your work.
  10.    #110  
    I have a mostly-working GUI application that is minimizable to the system tray. I'm going to work on integrating McTristan's fixes to the code tonight and tomorrow evening. I'm thinking that the new GUI version should be ready to go by tomorrow night or Saturday.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Wow!! Just installed this and printed into a PDF file which was then put into my Dropbox (so I can access it via the TP). Worked like a charm.

Oh, btw I don't use Adobe Reader but Tracker's PDF-XChange-Viewer. I just used its full path (instead of the Adobe reader path) in the config file and and the Touch2PcPrinter shortcut target. I also copied the pcl6.exe from the ZIP archive into the PDF-XChange-Viewer folder.

This is very useful. Thank you!
    Last edited by STBXXL; 09/22/2011 at 06:32 PM.
    NEW VERSION:

https://github.com/downloads/McTrist...nter_1_0_3.zip

This release should fix multiple issues:

- Multiple print jobs should be possible now without any issues like Communication errors etc.
    - the 2nd and subsequent print jobs should now open Adobe Reader without any problems
    - SNMP-Engine should now stop properly and not leave the port open after exiting the program
    - some smaller bug-fixes

I've tried this release with about 10 print jobs in a row - please notice that WebOS needs quite some time to process each print job, for a single page sometimes 20 seconds.

Please note that the .ZIP-file contains the .config-file - make sure you don't overwrite your existing settings if you changed them.
    This fix is allowing me to print multiple times now. Great!!

Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    @Themodsim: I'm looking forward to these changes. If you need anything just let me know ok?

I'm currently thinking about the possibility to add support for Color/Black-White & Duplex/Non-Duplex printing. However as I can't give Adobe Reader any more parameters I guess it would be a good idea to have multiple profiles of the same printer (black/white, color, duplex, non-duplex) and make them configurable in the config file.
    Touch2Pc Printer can then choose the correct profile based on the print job (figured out how to get these settings out of the PCL-file).
    Any comments?

renater likes this.
    For me, those are extras I can live without.
    Version 3 is now working for me also, allowing me to print more than one print job without having to restart the program. Thank you! This is an excellent program and I'm grateful you have made it available!
    I am trying to get Version 3 running on win XP and I keep getting a an error "Exception Occurred: endpoint already in use" Any fix that may help?
    Duplex printing works for me as my printer defaults in Windows is to print on both sides.
    I knew someone would pull through... Elegant work-around using .pdf conversion and SNMP to trick that bad boy... Love it because this really guarantees 100% compatibility, as long as it prints with Windows... I too would love to have a Linux version, I'm always hanging a printer off my Fedora Box using Samba... I'm getting full color printing on my previously "un-compatible" HP PhotoSmart 7150... I waited to buy a new printer, homebrew always pulls through!!!... BIG PROPS GO OUT TO theomodsim AND McTristan, THANK YOU...
    @keburelk:
    It seems either port 161 (UDP) or port 9100 (TCP) is already in User. Could you please check whether the SNMP service is running? If so, try to disable this service as it uses the same port...