Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Weird. Mine have all been perfect.
    I think you were responding to me. It is very strange that the output is messed up. Another thing that is strange is that when the print is changed into a PDF the resulting file is stored. I can pull up the file and view it without any problem but if I print it the same results occur.

There seems to be something wrong with how my PC runs the script to convert the printer data into a PDF.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    First, this place and, more importantly, you all are amazing. Endless thanks.

I'm getting this error.

"This printer is currently not supported. Please select or add another printer."

The daemon program window is up on my PC showing "Waiting for incoming job" and I typed in my PC IP address in the TP.

Could this be a wireless network issue? Any ideas?
    I'm just guessing but I suspect the printer is not supported message is a firewall issue. Try turning the firewall off completely to verify. If shutting the daemon down and restarting doesn't correct the problem - prompting you for permission to change the firewall rules again - try adding the firewall exception manually.
    I'm just guessing but I suspect the printer is not supported message is a firewall issue. Try turning the firewall off completely to verify. If shutting the daemon down and restarting doesn't correct the problem - prompting you for permission to change the firewall rules again - try adding the firewall exception manually.
    You should add TCP port 9100 and UDP port 161 (SNMP)

:-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Same error with firewall off and MS security essentials off...

could it be some setting with my router?
    I think some routers have an option to block SMNP requests. Check that if you can.
    I think some routers have an option to block SMNP requests. Check that if you can.
    Granted, but in the internal network, the router shouldn't be blocking anything between the Touchpad and the computer.

I still think the problem should be in the machine, what operating system and version are you using? (wondering that maybe win7 starter may block snmp requests)

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Granted, but in the internal network, the router shouldn't be blocking anything between the Touchpad and the computer.

I still think the problem should be in the machine, what operating system and version are you using? (wondering that maybe win7 starter may block snmp requests)

I don't see that option on my router pages...

I'm running win7 home premium.
    works well except the output pdf always has 1 more page than original sent from tp - is this just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrocket View Post
    works well except the output pdf always has 1 more page than original sent from tp - is this just me?
    I get the extra page.
    Hasn't happened to me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnordby View Post
    I'm running win7 home premium.
    I'm running the same. Any chance your wireless is running on a different network segment than your wired lan? What's the IP address of the PC and the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I'm running the same. Any chance your wireless is running on a different network segment than your wired lan? What's the IP address of the PC and the Touchpad?
    The PC and Touchpad have the same ip address...
    is that normal?
    The PC and Touchpad have the same ip address...

is that normal?
    Really? It shouldn't be that way, they should have different ip addresses

No, that's not normal and definitely the problem.

If you have a single wireless router then I suspect the PCs ip address is statically assigned to the address, which is a mistake since it's in the same range as that assigned by the routers dhcp server. Change the range of the dhcp server or change the PCs ip address to something outside the dhcp range.

If you have two routers, change the wireless one's mode to Access Point, which should cause it to not assign ip addresses, put all your devices on the same network - they aren't now - and then your tablets ip address will get assigned uniquely.

PM me what your network setup actually is if you'd like more help.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    No, that's not normal and definitely the problem.

If you have a single wireless router then I suspect the PCs ip address is statically assigned to the address, which is a mistake since it's in the same range as that assigned by the routers dhcp server. Change the range of the dhcp server or change the PCs ip address to something outside the dhcp range.

If you have two routers, change the wireless one's mode to Access Point, which should cause it to not assign ip addresses, put all your devices on the same network - they aren't now - and then your tablets ip address will get assigned uniquely.

PM me what your network setup actually is if you'd like more help.
    THANK YOU wtgreen!

Sorry all, I was trying my WAN IP versus the internal PC adress.

By the way, I'm getting the extra blank page as well.
    Thank you so much. My wife was asking if she could print from her touchpad, and I said the only way was to buy a wireless hp printer. I was ready to buy one, and then I found your post. It works great. I can print to my wireless Brother laser printer - 2 sided. I followed your instructions, and the only change I had to make was to set the printer to share on the computer. Usually you would not have to do this, because there is no need to share wireless printers. So any way it works great!!!!! Thanks again
    This is strange, I never needed any patch or extra software to print to any printer. My Epson Stylus NX420 worked just fine with printing wirelessly.

It worked before 3.0.2 and everything.
    Maybe we should start posting what model printers work and what model printers have problems. I have an HP LJ1320 that works with no extra blank pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    This is strange, I never needed any patch or extra software to print to any printer. My Epson Stylus NX420 worked just fine with printing wirelessly.

It worked before 3.0.2 and everything.
    Any printer? The point of this is to print from your TouchPad to any (non-wireless) printer which is attached to your network connected PC.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast