Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    I am running Windows 7. However I'm looking into this more for my bro-in-law who is running Windows Home Server which last I checked was Win2k3 based. I'm not sure the scheduled task method will work there, but it won't hurt to try. Go ahead and post the steps and we'll see what happens. He's lurking this thread, but may eventually have to join in if it comes to troubleshooting this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjf02536 View Post
    Ok I dont do windows if I dont have to, so a linux solution was in order. Besides being able to set this up on a desktop, which I used to develop the solution, it can (and I Am) running it on an embedded system .... (pogoplug running archlinux arm)
    The basic setup should be similar for most linux distros
    This is super cool. I ended up making some small tweaks so the "Out of Toner" message didn't keep popping up each time I printed.

override 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.2.1.5.1 integer "2" # Status running
    override 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.5.1.1.1 integer "0" # Error status is ok
    override 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.5.1.2.1 octet_str "0000" # No errors

I noticed that there was a TouchPad request for:

But with or without an override statement seems to yield the same result. If you do decide to override it, send back an integer with the value of 0.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I am running Windows 7. However I'm looking into this more for my bro-in-law who is running Windows Home Server which last I checked was Win2k3 based. I'm not sure the scheduled task method will work there, but it won't hurt to try. Go ahead and post the steps and we'll see what happens. He's lurking this thread, but may eventually have to join in if it comes to troubleshooting this.
    1. Open "taskschd.msc"
    2. Click "Create Basic Task..." in the Actions panel
    3. Give the task a name (any name works), click Next
    4. Set the trigger type to "When the computer starts", click Next
    5. Choose "start a program", click Next
    6. Give the full path of Touch2PcPrinter.exe for the Program/Script
    7. Give the directory path to Touch2PcPrinter.exe for the "Start In" option (for example, if Touch2PcPrinter.exe is located in c:\Users\Foo\Touch2Pc, then set the "Start In" option to c:\Users\Foo\Touch2Pc), click Next
    8. Check the box that says "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish"
    9. Click Finish
    10. In the Properties dialog "General" tab, choose the option "Run whether user is logged on or not"
    11. Click on the "Settings" tab and uncheck the box that says "Stop the task if it runs longer than:"
    12. Click OK
    13. You will be prompted for the password of the current Windows user. Type it in the password box and click OK.

On the next reboot, Touch2PcPrinter should be running in the background. You can't see the GUI since it's running in a separate Windows session, but it will still process print jobs from the TouchPad.

Let me know how those steps work out for you.
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Were you able to try the steps to setup a scheduled task listed in the previous post?
    theomodsim, thanks for your work on this much needed and appreciated effort.

After a new, clean install and configuration of 1.21 experienced an "Unhandled Exception."

"A socket operation encountered a dead network." Turned off all firewalls and virus protection but same result. Ensured SNMP Trap services were not running

Regressed to 1.20 and everything is good!

Log is as follows:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A socket operation encountered a dead network
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.Server.Start() in C:\Users\Corey\Documents\TouchPrint\Touch2PcPrinter\Server.cs:line 105
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.startServer() in C:\Users\Corey\Documents\TouchPrint\Touch2PcPrinter\GUI\MainForm.cs:line 192
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.btnStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Corey\Documents\TouchPrint\Touch2PcPrinter\GUI\MainForm.cs:line 84
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Touch2PcPrinter
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Downloads/Touch2PcPrinter1-21/Touch2PcPrinter.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    SharpSnmpLib
    Assembly Version: 7.0.10731.7
    Win32 Version: 7.0.010731.07
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Downloads/Touch2PcPrinter1-21/SharpSnmpLib.DLL
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    theomodsim, Thanks for the solution, I was able to print from my TP to my Canon printer, through an HP laptop, on my first try!
    thanks for printer solution, another use/convenience for my touchpad. using brother printer.
    Thank you Theomodsim and McTristan for helping with an irksome issue with the HP Touchpad. I just found this thread and am joining in very late. I looked through as much of the threads as possible but have not seen much comment on the situation I have. Here is my setup.

I have a Dell 1320c color laser printer that I enabled to be a network printer by buying (grumble) the network key adapter that plugs in to the back of the printer to turn on its network jack. I have the Dell cabled into a Linksys wireless router so that all wireless devices can print to it without having to go through a PC. My Dell desktop is connected to the wireless router via a cable to access the Internet. My desktop, laptop and netbook are on a Windows 7 Homegroup network system. I did not enable any of the computers on this Homegroup network to share the printer. They just send print jobs directly to the printer's ip address. It looks like your Touch2Pc Printer program will have to run on the desktop and I send print jobs from the Touchpad to the desktop and the desktop will hopefully route the print job through the wireless router to the Dell 1320c printer. Is that possible? What things do I need to be aware of in the setup? Will I have to turn on my desktop's sharing the printer? Any hints from anyone will be appreciated. Thanks again.
    The printer does not need to be shared, just usable from the desktop. Doesn't matter if prints to it over usb, parallel, wired network, wireless, or string. Ok maybe not string.
    Many, many thanks, Theomodsim and McTristan. This tool works like a charm! I have been able to print single sided and duplex, docs with color and color photos. As long as I use apps that are native to webOS on the HP Touchpad I can print just about anything. Oddly, the SmartOffice by Picsel does not allow the webOS print icon to display. That is one of the few apps I cannot print from. Otherwise, a great job on a great tool. Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LISpeedyG View Post
    Both TCP and UDP ports are open on local address 0.0.0.0:..

I receive the following error on start:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    PortInUseException: Endpoint is already in use

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    Touch2PcPrinter
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/TouchPad%20Stuff/Touch2PcPrinter/Touch2PcPrinter.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    SharpSnmpLib
    Assembly Version: 7.0.10731.7
    Win32 Version: 7.0.010731.07
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/TouchPad%20Stuff/Touch2PcPrinter/SharpSnmpLib.DLL
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    I turned off SNMP and started Touch2Print again and it did work. I did not have to add ports 9100 nor 161 to my firewall. Using WinXP Pro SP3
    OSX Lion
    Canon MP970 (Bought before I worked for HP) on my LAN
    Running Oracle Virtual Box, with a Windows XP VM. VM setup to be in bridge mode (So it can discover the Printer) and with a permanent IP address set by MAC address.
    Auto login to XP
    Touchpad2PCPrinter added to my start menu
    Added 9100 and 161 to exception list in Firewall
    Added Ping to ICMP on the network interface

Added printer in TP. Only tried a few simple prints, but works well.

Now to get Virtual Box to autostart every time I start up OSX.

So, a HUGE thanks :-)
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    is there anyway to patch the TP option print to add a 8 x 10? Mine only loads 4 xb6, an 5 x 7...
    shneor likes this.
    Now that the webOS source code will be released, does anyone think it possible to patch webOS to make it compatible with non HP printers?
    Hi

to use it on linux (mono) I forked the Touch2Pc-Printer-for-Windows code and changed it to a commandline version. https://github.com/lwuckel/WebosPrinterServer

run it by : sudo mono WebosPrinterServer.exe print.sh

The WebosPrinterServer.exe received the data of the webos device and saved it to a tmp-file. Then the print.sh is calling with following parameters

pcl-file color-mode plex-mode

So everyone can do what you want with the pcl file.

To convert the pcl-file to ps (for printing) you can use ghostpcl (Ghostscript: GhostPCL). Look to my example print.sh

bye, Lars
    Attached Files Attached Files
    theomodsim and mgmft like this.
    This works like a dream with my Dell 1355 color laser, even remote. Could not be happier.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Hi, I am new to this thread. I own a TP 16 GB tablet. I have been looking for a way to print from my TP to a none HP printer. I happened on this thread and become hopeful that I had come upon a solution. I DL the file from this link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24894676/Tou...ter_v1.2.1.zip). Read the instructions and then unpacked the Zip file. For some reason there is not an .exe file in the unpacked file. What I'm I doing wrong?
    There is a folder in the ZIP In the folder are these files:
    COPYING
    gsdll32.dll
    legal.txt
    pcl6.exe
    SharpSnmpLib.dll
    Touch2Pc Printer for Windows Help.pdf
    Touch2PcPrinter.exe
    Touch2PcPrinter.pdb

Place them all in a folder on your PC ****(NOT a Mac)****

Run the Touch2PcPrinter.exe I have a short cut to that file on my quick launch.

You can also put a shortcut to that file in your (Startup) folder. If you do that you will always have the app loaded when you boot your PC.
    Last edited by Tuzz; 12/23/2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Amazing, amazing, amazing! Just replaced my dead printer with an Epson 645 because comparable HPs aren't Mac Lion compatible and didn't know about the non-HP lockout. Installed like a breeze on my wife's PC, and TouchPad is printing flawlessly. So now I still haven't found any good reason to get an iPad.
    >>Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by davehries View Post
    Hi, I am new to this thread. I own a TP 16 GB tablet. I have been looking for a way to print from my TP to a none HP printer. I happened on this thread and become hopeful that I had come upon a solution. I DL the file from this link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24894676/Tou...ter_v1.2.1.zip). Read the instructions and then unpacked the Zip file. For some reason there is not an .exe file in the unpacked file. What I'm I doing wrong?
    So I had exactly the same issue. And yeah I read the part about there being a folder in the zip with the files in it. I upacked the zip, and I too seem to have everything EXCEPT the EXE file. But after I read all the kudos I figured it had to be "operator error" on my part. Sure enough, I'd downloaded the source files, and NOT the binaries. Ah well. Once that was solved, it worked like a champ!! THANKS!!
    Last edited by Hoog; 01/08/2012 at 11:50 PM.