Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
  1.    #281  
    @windycityconsumer:
    I'll send you a PM in the next day or two with a link to a test build that should provide additional information as to why it's crashing on your machine.
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjf02536 View Post
    Ok I dont do windows if I dont have to, so a linux solution was in order. Besides being able to set this up on a desktop, which I used to develop the solution, it can (and I Am) running it on an embedded system .... (pogoplug running archlinux arm)
    The basic setup should be similar for most linux distros
    Sounds really slick, glad to see there's finally a solution for Linux. Since you have this working on an ARM linux machine, will you try to get it running directly on the TouchPad itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
    @windycityconsumer:
    I'll send you a PM in the next day or two with a link to a test build that should provide additional information as to why it's crashing on your machine.
    -------- Processing Log --------

11/3/2008 2:29:54 PM: Exception occurred while starting server:
    11/3/2008 2:29:56 PM: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    at Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent..ctor(Action`1 logger)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.Server..ctor(Action`1 logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, Configuration config)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.startServer()
    11/3/2008 2:29:56 PM: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by windycityconsumer View Post

11/3/2008 2:29:54 PM: Exception occurred while starting server:
    11/3/2008 2:29:56 PM: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent..ctor(Action`1 logger)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.Server..ctor(Action`1 logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, Configuration config)
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.startServer()
    11/3/2008 2:29:56 PM: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'SharpSnmpLib, Version=7.0.10731.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c00852d3788e005'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    It looks like the program can't load the SNMP library (SharpSnmpLib.dll). SharpSnmpLib.dll needs to be in the same directory as the .exe to work correctly. Was SharpSnmpLib.dll deleted or the .exe moved to a different directory?
    It looks like the program can't load the SNMP library (SharpSnmpLib.dll). SharpSnmpLib.dll needs to be in the same directory as the .exe to work correctly. Was SharpSnmpLib.dll deleted or the .exe moved to a different directory?
    I re-extracted the ZIP file to my desktop. Ran the program and get the following now:

I think this is GOOD news. Next, I went to add the printer to the TouchPad but it says it "This printer is currently not supported. Please select or add another printer.

I entered my printer IP and named it Canon MG5200. Am I doing something wrong still?

Please advise.

11/4/2008 10:50:18 AM: Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Touch2PcPrinter Output
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output to PDF file only: False
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output simplex black & white printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output duplex black & white printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output simplex color printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output duplex color printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Print job listener started successfully
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: SNMP Agent started successfully
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Waiting for incoming job...
    I re-extracted the ZIP file to my desktop. Ran the program and get the following now:

I think this is GOOD news. Next, I went to add the printer to the TouchPad but it says it "This printer is currently not supported. Please select or add another printer.

I entered my printer IP and named it Canon MG5200. Am I doing something wrong still?

Please advise.

11/4/2008 10:50:18 AM: Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Touch2PcPrinter Output
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output simplex black & white printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output duplex black & white printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output simplex color printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    11/4/2008 10:50:19 AM: Output duplex color printer: Canon MG5200 series Printer (Copy 1)
    You should be entering the ip address of the pc to which the printer is attached
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.

Please advise.

I thought perhaps I had the wrong IP address. So I did the following on my laptop where this program is installed.

Start--> Run --> CMD
    IPCONFIG.

I took the IP address of the laptop and entered that on the 'add printer' on the touchpad and get a new error message 'Unable to communicate with the printer. Please check the address, make sure the printer is online, and try again."

The printer is definitely online as I have been printing wirelessly sucessfully from the laptop.

Please advise.
    Last edited by windycityconsumer; 11/04/2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
  8.    #288  
    I thought perhaps I had the wrong IP address. So I did the following on my laptop where this program is installed.

Start--> Run --> CMD
    IPCONFIG.

I took the IP address of the laptop and entered that on the 'add printer' on the touchpad and get a new error message 'Unable to communicate with the printer. Please check the address, make sure the printer is online, and try again."

The printer is definitely online as I have been printing wirelessly sucessfully from the laptop.

Please advise.
    If you have another computer available, try pinging your laptop using its IP address. In order for the TouchPad to identify the "printer" running on your laptop, it first pings the machine several times. If it is unable to ping the machine, then you will receive the error message that you're seeing. If you have firewall software installed on the laptop that is blocking the ping requests, that is most likely the reason why you're seeing that error message.
    If you have another computer available, try pinging your laptop using its IP address. In order for the TouchPad to identify the "printer" running on your laptop, it first pings the machine several times. If it is unable to ping the machine, then you will receive the error message that you're seeing. If you have firewall software installed on the laptop that is blocking the ping requests, that is most likely the reason why you're seeing that error message.
    I pinged the IP address of this laptop from another and the response came back as 'Request timed out.

I don't know if I have a firewall. How can I check or fix it if the firewall is the issue?
    I pinged the IP address of this laptop from another and the response came back as 'Request timed out.

I don't know if I have a firewall. How can I check or fix it if the firewall is the issue?
    I believe the only firewall my laptop has is the default one that comes with Windows XP. With being said, I added the ports 9100 and 161 in the exception list but that didn't resolve the issue. Is there a way to have the Windows Firewall program on and still work using the exceptions? If so, can you please advise how?
  11.    #291  
    I believe the only firewall my laptop has is the default one that comes with Windows XP. With being said, I added the ports 9100 and 161 in the exception list but that didn't resolve the issue. Is there a way to have the Windows Firewall program on and still work using the exceptions? If so, can you please advise how?
    Your laptop's firewall might be set to block ping requests. There's a pretty decent write-up at Enable ping in XP that describes how to allow ping requests through the firewall.
    I turned off the Windows Firewall then ran the PING from the other PC and it provided the responses.

Next, I turned on the printing program then added the printer to the Touch Pad! YES!!!!

Question - is there a way to have the default Windows Firewall on using the exceptions for the ports 9100 and 161?

If so, please advise how.

Many thanks again for your continued help and support. I greatly appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I turned off the Windows Firewall then ran the PING from the other PC and it provided the responses.

Next, I turned on the printing program then added the printer to the Touch Pad! YES!!!!

Question - is there a way to have the default Windows Firewall on using the exceptions for the ports 9100 and 161?

The are custom exceptions. It may be a printer sharing exception you need but I don't have XP on my system. If you have a static IP on the wireless printer you should be allowed to add that as well as the ports to the XP. But presonally you should be setup to print directly to the printer without dependancey on the PC being on.

But having said that. LOOK HERE --> How to Configure Windows Firewall on a Single Computer
  14.    #294  

You and I must have been posting at the same time... check out the post right above yours. There's a link that describes how to allow ping requests through the Windows XP firewall. Upon enabling that setting and having exceptions for UDP port 161 and TCP port 9100, the program should work even when the firewall is on.
    You and I must have been posting at the same time... check out the post right above yours. There's a link that describes how to allow ping requests through the Windows XP firewall. Upon enabling that setting and having exceptions for UDP port 161 and TCP port 9100, the program should work even when the firewall is on.
    Yes the program is working fine now. I have the windows firewall on and it is still printing.

So, the keys to printing are the laptop and the program must be on.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I wonder if it would be possible to add a Wake On Lan (WOL) "magic packet" to the TouchPad printer driver, so that it would wake up a sleeping PC?
    nope not unless webOS would send that package as the this program is a windows program and thus the computer has to be turned on already in order to receive the print job and relay it forward to your real printer...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McTristan View Post
    nope not unless webOS would send that package as the this program is a windows program and thus the computer has to be turned on already in order to receive the print job and relay it forward to your real printer...
    The computer running the print server software could be asleep (power saving), if the Touchpad could be configured to sent a WOL magic packet when initiating a print job. I have no idea how to make a patch for the Touchpad, or even if it's possible--but maybe somebody does?
    I've just joined the community and downloaded this application.
    It's terrific! Great job.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I print just fine directly to my HP LaserJet 4100. I will not locate it since its looking for wireless connect. My LJ is networked, direct wired to the router via the Jetdirect card in it. Just enter its IP address and give it a name all on the TP. Done!!