Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
    I updated the original post with a list of links to download previous versions. Probably version 1.1.3 is the one you want to try out.
    OK, I get printouts using v1.1.3. Progress! However, the output is strange: each letter is printed with a background that is a grainy, lighter shade of the text color. It makes it look like it's very low resolution, but in fact if you look closely the resolution of the text is fine; it's the background that makes it nearly impossible to read. The same effect appears in v1.2 when I print the file generated by printing to PDF. The PDF files themselves look sufficiently high-res in Acroread. There must be something about the image representation that makes the printer output look weird. I could try using some other PDF reader besides Adobe Reader 10.

EDIT: It is a problem with Adobe Reader 10. The output from Foxit Reader looks great, as well as the output from Preview on MacOS. So, to recap, the blank printer output pages must be due to the Postscript conversion in 1.2.
    Last edited by samiller; 10/20/2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: tried different pdf reader
    If anyone is willing to try out a test version that contains a change that might resolve some of the simplex/duplex printing issues (such as jobs always being printed 1-sided even though 2-sided is selected), please send me a PM.
    Since I need to use v1.1.3 to get any output at all, but duplex is not working for me, do you think you can install the duplex fix on top of 1.1.3? I'd be willing to test it.
    Sorry for not having too much time lately, I'm currently busy with my garden, home and family. But I'm still incorporating all the changes to the github repository + try out every version - so far it works Thanx Corey!
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by samiller View Post
    Since I need to use v1.1.3 to get any output at all, but duplex is not working for me, do you think you can install the duplex fix on top of 1.1.3? I'd be willing to test it.
    Unfortunately, the experimental duplex fix uses GhostScript, which is only available in version 1.2. Since 1.1.3 and earlier use Adobe Reader and not GhostScript, there's no way to backport the fix to 1.1.3.

If FoxIt Reader can open the PDF fine, it might be worth a try finding the command line arguments for FoxIt Reader to print a PDF file and use FoxIt Reader to print instead of Adobe Reader in version 1.1.3. There's instructions in the help file bundled with version 1.1.3 on how to setup Touch2Pc Printer to use an alternate PDF program for printing.
    Unfortunately, the experimental duplex fix uses GhostScript, which is only available in version 1.2. Since 1.1.3 and earlier use Adobe Reader and not GhostScript, there's no way to backport the fix to 1.1.3.
    Bummer.

If FoxIt Reader can open the PDF fine, it might be worth a try finding the command line arguments for FoxIt Reader to print a PDF file and use FoxIt Reader to print instead of Adobe Reader in version 1.1.3. There's instructions in the help file bundled with version 1.1.3 on how to setup Touch2Pc Printer to use an alternate PDF program for printing.
    I did that already. Changing the PDF reader program in the configuration options in 1.1.3 was straightforward. Printing works great with Foxit -- except for the lack of duplex. But I can live with that; it's still a big improvement over the alternative!
    Incredible! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
    I added my PC to the printers by its IP address. PC is running windows Pro 7 64 bit.
    In manually added printers section there is this message: Error getting added printers.
    I am unable to delete that "printer" and when I try to add it again I get a message that says: This printer already exists.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
    I added my PC to the printers by its IP address. PC is running windows Pro 7 64 bit.
    In manually added printers section there is this message: Error getting added printers.
    I am unable to delete that "printer" and when I try to add it again I get a message that says: This printer already exists.
    Had to delete the printers.db file from the touchpad.

Make sure you install the printer from the print manager before trying to use it. The first time I tried to install the printer from the application I was printing too.

I have now added the Touch 2 PC tomy startup programs in windows 7 and set it to launch minimized. Seems to work great for any documents I've tried so far when printing to my hp 4050 lazer printer. Nice work in coming up with this solution.
  9.    #269  
    I just released version 1.2.1, which contains a minor fix to force duplex/simplex printing, based on the option selected on the TouchPad.
    Now that this uses Ghostscript instead of Adobe, any chance it'd be possible to make it work as a Windows service?

I mean, it works great (though it'd be nice if for my laser printer I could choose to disable duplex and color printing and have the Touchpad not even give me the option), but as I think I said earlier, I'd really like to install this on my always-on Windows Home Server, which 99.9% of the time doesn't have any user logged into it (and therefore setting it to run at start won't help). I tried using SrvAny.exe, but it didn't work.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Now that this uses Ghostscript instead of Adobe, any chance it'd be possible to make it work as a Windows service?

I mean, it works great (though it'd be nice if for my laser printer I could choose to disable duplex and color printing and have the Touchpad not even give me the option), but as I think I said earlier, I'd really like to install this on my always-on Windows Home Server, which 99.9% of the time doesn't have any user logged into it (and therefore setting it to run at start won't help). I tried using SrvAny.exe, but it didn't work.
    Are you able to run console applications (not GUI applications) as Windows services with SrvAny.exe? If so, I could probably get a console version up and running (and built against .NET 2.0) so that it can be run as a Windows service (using a service "wrapper" tool such as SrvAny or FireDaemon) and well as on Linux (running under Mono).
    Are you able to run console applications (not GUI applications) as Windows services with SrvAny.exe? If so, I could probably get a console version up and running (and built against .NET 2.0) so that it can be run as a Windows service (using a service "wrapper" tool such as SrvAny or FireDaemon) and well as on Linux (running under Mono).
    Most of the time, yes, that works. I'm actually currently running uTorrent as a service and that works great. So if it's not too much trouble on your end, I'd love to give it a try, but I'd also understand if there wasn't much demand for that.
    I just released version 1.2.1, which contains a minor fix to force duplex/simplex printing, based on the option selected on the TouchPad.
    !!!!!! FANTASTIC !!!!!!!

I have 2 Printers on my PC:
    1) Brother Laser B/W capable of auto-duplex
    2) HP InkJet (color) with no auto-duplex

I have set up Windows to show 3 printers:
    a) Brother setup for simplex printing (laser-simplex)
    b) Brother setup for duplex printing (laser-duplex)
    c) InkJet setup for simplex printing (no duplex)

I have setup 1.2.1 as follows:

BW Simplex = laser-simplex
    BW Duplex = laser-duplex
    Color Simplex = InkJet
    Color Duplex = laser-duplex

1.2.1 works like a charm - it all goes to the right printer and duplexes/not directed!

THANKS!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Thanks helping everyone with this printing solution. Works for my windows xp pcs with a HP8550 via USB and an Epson 610 on my wireless network (going though the PC to the network printer).
    Hi - I keep receiving the following error message - 'The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception'.

I am on Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3.
    I installed Microsoft .NET 4
    My printer is connected to WIFI and is working fine. I have a Canon MG5200.

I selected the same printer for all 4 printer options. Is that wrong?
    When I click 'save' - there is no response. Is there supposed to be?

When I click start, the following message is displayed:
    The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception.

Has someone else encountered this issue? If so, please advise how I can resolve it?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.stopServer()
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.btnStop_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Touch2PcPrinter
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/Touchpad%20Printer/Touch2PcPrinter.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Last edited by windycityconsumer; 10/30/2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Attachment Missing
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by windycityconsumer View Post
    Hi - I keep receiving the following error message - 'The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception'.

I am on Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3.
    I installed Microsoft .NET 4
    My printer is connected to WIFI and is working fine. I have a Canon MG5200.

I selected the same printer for all 4 printer options. Is that wrong?
    When I click 'save' - there is no response. Is there supposed to be?

When I click start, the following message is displayed:
    The type initializer for 'Touch2PcPrinter.SnmpPrinterAgent' threw an exception.

Has someone else encountered this issue? If so, please advise how I can resolve it?
    You are correct that there should be no response after clicking "Save". Clicking "Save" just saves the configuration so it will be used on subsequent runs of the program.

I don't have a copy of Windows Media Center Edition handy to test, so I'm not sure what's wrong at this point. Can you post the contents of the Processing Log after pressing start in the program?
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.stopServer()
    at Touch2PcPrinter.MainForm.btnStop_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    Touch2PcPrinter
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/Touchpad%20Printer/Touch2PcPrinter.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Last edited by windycityconsumer; 11/02/2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Attachment Missing
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Superb work. Thank you!
    Ok I dont do windows if I dont have to, so a linux solution was in order. Besides being able to set this up on a desktop, which I used to develop the solution, it can (and I Am) running it on an embedded system .... (pogoplug running archlinux arm)
    The basic setup should be similar for most linux distros
    Attached Files Attached Files
    mgmft and ggendel like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjf02536 View Post
    Ok I dont do windows if I dont have to, so a linux solution was in order. Besides being able to set this up on a desktop, which I used to develop the solution, it can (and I Am) running it on an embedded system .... (pogoplug running archlinux arm)
    The basic setup should be similar for most linux distros
    oops that was linux text , heres teh windows text version
    Attached Files Attached Files