Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By brum
  • 2 Post By twack
    Good day,

I'm wondering if there is a way to make a patch that will allow for seven or more icons on the dock. I have a patch from Cydia on my jailbroken ipad that allows for about a dozen or more icons on the dock (after 8 or 9, you need to scroll). Would this be hard to do on the Touchpad?
    I dont think it can be done
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I definitely wouldn't mind this patch, but I have a feeling if it were possible it would've been done back for the original Pre and then some.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Anyone able to confirm or deny this possibility?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    mritsch likes this.
    Possible but if you exceed the width of the available area I hear it doesn't play so well

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    You can have as many as you like, but no more than 8 will show in landscape mode and 6 in portrait mode. No scrolling across. Plus you may lose the app launcher button as well.

It's an easy change to make if you are prepared to edit system files (using internalz)
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3189484 ??

This'll give you 6#8 icons and get rid of that useless launch 'button'!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/03/2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I'm working on an app that will allow you to set the number of columns and other launcher attributes via an interface. It will also allow you to set back to default with a button push. Hopefully I'll have a preview by this coming weekend.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Brilliant. If you need a tester, just let me know (I'm fed up with manually editing files)
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I'm working on an app that will allow you to set the number of columns and other launcher attributes via an interface. It will also allow you to set back to default with a button push. Hopefully I'll have a preview by this coming weekend.
    ready to help you test - just holler.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    If you add the "No launcher button" patch in Preware, you can then add more icons to your launcher, but only 6 will show when in portrait view.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    You are likely aware of this discussion, but just in case ....

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ore-icons.html

Would hope your solution will give all the control embodied in those mods - including icon row separation (to limit that space to just enough for 1 line of description.

(see my comments here post #72
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-icons-4.html )
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.