Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hey guys just found this new patch in preware and feel it is significantly better than the power browser swipe patch. That one was always hit or miss but this one uses a simple swipe in from the side and it gives you a small overlay with back, forward, refresh, new card, and bookmarks.

Extremely useful and thought you guys might enjoy. I am not the dev just spreading word of a good patch.

(Touchpad) ThumbNav Browser Controls | webOSroundup
    Dis and crucian4 like this.
    the Dev is Garrett92c over at WOR forums if anyone needs any info on this patch.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yes, I downloaded it earlier. It is the bomb.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Does it work in the advanced browser?
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Tried installing it but I'm getting the unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT error
    its not compatible with the power swipe patch . i think thats the only patch so far that its got issues with , but i could be wrong .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Does it work in the advanced browser?
    According to garrett if he did it.. You wouldn't be able to remove advanced browser.. Although I may be wrong about that..

You can always ask him...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Screen cap?
    Have to post again. The patch is awesome.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    great patch!!
    love the patch, love it more than power swipe patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Just tried power swipe and it was cool.

Then uninstalled and installed this patch.

Even cooler! Thanks!!
    I agree, this patch is awesome!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    so, obvious question springs to mind... If a single guy can come up with a mechanism to pit a pop-up menu by detecting a swipe coming in from the side, why couldn't HP do the same thing to enable the back and forward gestures? For that matter couldn't the 'advanced' gesture to change cards be one where a forward+back gesture is detected, or a back+forward one.

by the way I also installed power swipe (it was hit-or-miss) and then tried the adv nav controls patch, and I'm loving it!!!!
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    asif9t9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I'm really loving the patch. Originally thought it would be cool to just swipe in from each side for fwd/back but the added functionality of the other buttons is essential now. This is gonna be hard to beat.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    so, obvious question springs to mind... If a single guy can come up with a mechanism to pit a pop-up menu by detecting a swipe coming in from the side, why couldn't HP do the same thing to enable the back and forward gestures? For that matter couldn't the 'advanced' gesture to change cards be one where a forward+back gesture is detected, or a back+forward one.

by the way I also installed power swipe (it was hit-or-miss) and then tried the adv nav controls patch, and I'm loving it!!!!
    This is just my opinion but I think HP is being protective from other companies that has patents over these gestures. If HP included those swipe gestures, I bet other company lawyers would be more than happy to sue.

If 3rd party developers would patch it, it could be a different case I think. I dunno, just my .02
    I tried the power swipe but I couldn't really get it to work for me. This one is much easier to use, at least for me. Thanks...
    Invid likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    This is just my opinion but I think HP is being protective from other companies that has patents over these gestures. If HP included those swipe gestures, I bet other company lawyers would be more than happy to sue.

If 3rd party developers would patch it, it could be a different case I think. I dunno, just my .02
    Probably. A more advance version is in the Honeycomb browser. This is a pretty good addition for the TP browser though.
    Would it be possible to add a "scroll to top" and bottom?
    This patch rocks!!!
    larizzo likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast