Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Sick!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I have installed this patch and it works fine apart from the first time I want to go back a page. The arrow in the top left will let me go back, but the little pull down menu has it greyed out.

example. Open a new browser window. Get to this site. Click on 'homebrew apps'. Swipe from the right. I can refresh etc but not go back.
    Same here. An annoying quirk to an otherwise awesome patch! Gonna head over to whichever forum it is the dev is at and see if it's been mentioned.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    ^ what you both are experiencing is a known issue with the patch. i just saw that the dev has updated the patch to always enable the back/forth buttons until he figures out what's causing the issue.
    best patch ever. Browser power swipe is obsolete. That's not to say I don't appreciate the efforts of the dev who did it.
    +1, awesome patch. Remove power swipe as this is better to swipe from bezel onto the screen & works well. How about a swipe from the top?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    ^ what you both are experiencing is a known issue with the patch. i just saw that the dev has updated the patch to always enable the back/forth buttons until he figures out what's causing the issue.
    Where can I get that version? I can cope with the arrows being there and nothing happening.

Alan
  7. xpl
    This actually looks pretty awesome. Will try it later!
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Where can I get that version? I can cope with the arrows being there and nothing happening.

Alan
    As soon as it's available in Preware... I think there's usually a short lag-time between when a dev submits a patch to Preware to when it's available due to the time differences. Rod Whitby is in New Zealand... the dev of this patch is somewhere in the US...
    I can't find this particularly useful at all. It would be nice if it would add functionality, but it just brings up the menu that is already right there, and takes longer to do it. Forward/Backward instead of bringing up the menu would be great.. or adding some new functionality..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    two fingers from the bezel switches app just like advanced gestures 'switch app' on the phones. make it happen someone!!! thad be ballin

holler
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I can't find this particularly useful at all. It would be nice if it would add functionality, but it just brings up the menu that is already right there, and takes longer to do it. Forward/Backward instead of bringing up the menu would be great.. or adding some new functionality..
    its really helpful when you are holding your touchpad in your hands and when you want to go back, you dont have to awkwardly set it down and reach for the back button. all you have to do is take one of your thumbs (usually by the camera/home button) swipe and do one of the actions.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Awesome patch! Much thanks Garrett!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    its really helpful when you are holding your touchpad in your hands and when you want to go back, you dont have to awkwardly set it down and reach for the back button. all you have to do is take one of your thumbs (usually by the camera/home button) swipe and do one of the actions.
    I normally hold it with my left hand in the upper left, and my right hand in the lower right, like I'm driving.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    a small single thumb flick out from the bezel brings out the tab on mine...looks like a keeper
    Last edited by ScottLive5; 09/14/2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: sp
    i'd love this if i could define it's actions to do something else. otherwise, i'll probably just remove it. just a suggestion
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I've tried to install this patch from Preware but it fails with the following error:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$

Anyone any ideas why this won't install?

Nevermind, have the Powerswipe patch installed and didn't even realise it!
    This is a great patch!

Now all I need is a "find" function....
    This is an absolutely beautiful patch. Immediately improves the whole browsing experience on the touchpad. It's a must-have.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    then you probably want the browser power swipe patch instead
    any update on fixing the bug? The back button is missing when you first open a browser even though the regular back button is enabled.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast