{ "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

any ideas? It is the only homebrew app/enhancement/patch I have had a problem installing

Thank you
    Wow, I was able to install all the patches on my first touchpad without any errors and just got my second one this weekend and ran into the same error as posted. Just curious why that would be.

Thanks for all the insight from this awesome forum.
    I have the same problem. My log is posted aswell . Any help is greatly appreciated.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    44 12642 44 5546 0 0 6875 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 16654
    100 12642 100 12642 0 0 15244 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 35511
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  4.    #4  
    I guess I am glad I am not the only one
  5.    #5  
    could be something to do with patch to add download links in my case, as that will not remove and gives similar errors
  6.    #6  
    resolved by using emergency patch removal. Then reinstalled patches I use
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrehan View Post
    resolved by using emergency patch removal. Then reinstalled patches I use
    where is emergency patch removal...
    Mcrehan....did you mean emergency patch recovery? I also could not find emergency patch removal but did find emergency patch recovery (epr) in one of the threads. Thanks for any insight.
    by any chance, did you get the private browsing pat-ch resolved.
    I'm now having this issue on an TP I am setting up for my daughter and I have searched and have not been able to find a resolution. Any insight from the many experts here would be appreciated.
    I've figured out the issue (for me at least) and I will post it here incase it helps anyone else. I had installed the Power Swipe patch prior to this and once I deleted the Power Swipe patch the Private Browsing patch installed fine. There must be some incompatibiliy with the two.
    Having the same issue, looking for idea's.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrotzin View Post
    Having the same issue, looking for idea's.
    Same here.
    UPDATE: Although it _repeatedly_ would not install, last night I pulled down the menu in upper left corner while browsing web and, lo & behold, there it was. And it worked!

All I can think of is that it is packaged in with some other patch/preware I had already installed.

So, give it a shot -- it might already be on your TP. (Just don't tell me WHY you want your browsing to be private. )
    Hi,

Is this related to the private browsing patch that you can enable when you are in the browser by pulling down from the menu in the upper left hand corner?

Since I installed 3.0.4, I can no longer find/install this patch.

Would love some help to figure it out!

Thanks,
    Gamely
    I just installed the private browser patch, but it broke my browser. All I got was a white screen. I uninstalled and it was fine, but the patch is not working at the moment.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I just installed the private browser patch, but it broke my browser. All I got was a white screen. I uninstalled and it was fine, but the patch is not working at the moment.
    Same here.
    I'll throw in my +1 on it breaking the browser (white screen). To help those developing the patch (and thank you for your efforts), I had uninstalled the patch prior to updating to 3.0.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuedeGopher View Post
    I'll throw in my +1 on it breaking the browser (white screen). To help those developing the patch (and thank you for your efforts), I had uninstalled the patch prior to updating to 3.0.4.
    Same issue. White screen broken browser, and I also unistalled prior to the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaistDownUnder View Post
    Same issue. White screen broken browser, and I also unistalled prior to the update.
    same here
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast