Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Same here. I did not remove it before the update and it was working ok until the last update.

Alan
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    bump

I am also experiencing the 'broken browser' after install.
    +1 here also.....not working
    The dev knows about this and is working on an update so no need for anymore dittos.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Ditto here - WSOD instead of blue
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had this same issue & e-mailed Micah Gorrell who maintains the Private Browsing patch. He's aware of the issue and has submitted an updated patch to webos internals and it should be available soon hopefully.
    The new update is available in Preware.
    new update wont install ....
    Quote Originally Posted by niighthawk View Post
    new update wont install ....
    A little more info might be helpful. Does it complete but just not show up? etc......
    Try removing custom browser gestures If you have it. This allowed me to INSTALL privatebrowsing this morning, but it broke he browser so I removed it. Haven't tried since the update.

on another note, it is possible to install custom browser gestures AFTER you install private browsing. I hope others can replicate my results

Edit: Just did this process again w/ the updated version and private browsing and custom browser gestures work as they should.
    Last edited by wbussing; 10/24/2011 at 10:27 PM.
    private browser fails to install for me says 9 out of 9 hunks failed?
    don't have any other browser patches installed other than no clear bookmarks button tried removing that, restarting and installing private browsing but same error...
    any ideas?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    There were two updates to Private Browser yesterday. The first one gave me a white screen when I tried to access any websites. The second patch fixed it for me and it works great now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    private browser fails to install for me says 9 out of 9 hunks failed?
    don't have any other browser patches installed other than no clear bookmarks button tried removing that, restarting and installing private browsing but same error...
    any ideas?
    Read post 52 and 53 they may help.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3223747
    I've no idea how to get the file from the doctor. Any step by step instructions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Thorien; 10/26/2011 at 04:22 AM.
    Hi all, first post so be nice :-)

Got my TouchPad in late August, always thought webOS looked pretty, had some great ideas etc, and now I finally get to use it it's pretty much as awesome as I expected.

Anyway, been having the problem with this patch since 3.0.4. Was getting "1 of 5 hunks failed" for ages, followed the advice in here - pulled the original files out of the doctor, ran patch recovery, replaced the browser files. It'll now install with no error, but doesn't appear in the browser menu (although the setting shows up in tweaks).

I do have a bunch of other patches installed but none of the ones that people have mentioned problems with, and I've also tried uninstalling all browser patches and just installing private browsing, and it doesn't show up.

Any ideas? Is it possible to manually install/verify patches?

EDIT:

I fixed it today while messing around. I looked at all the edited files and all the necessary bits seemed to be there, so I guessed maybe the link wasn't being added to the menu correctly.

Amongst a few other "simplifications", the one I think made the difference was removing the conditional that runs before the menu is opened (which changes it between enable/disable in the caption). Did a Luna restart, option showed up (now named "Toggle private browsing"), and it seems to work fine so far. Weird.
    Last edited by wedders; 11/02/2011 at 10:56 AM.
    EPR should work, do search for 'uninstall muffle system logging'; the fix will work for this, and you don't have to re-install one-by-one, saving a lot of time and user aggravation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12