Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Cha
    I prefer Glass Effect mostly because I have Wall Switch and want to see my desktop as much as possible. I like some of the look of Metro, but I need the transparency (maybe even a touch more). Themers take note.
    just curious, on the touchpad why does preware list all 2000+ themes in the prethemer feed? is there no mechanism to determine os version support? also what would happen if I install a theme that's not meant for the touchpad?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    I prefer Glass Effect mostly because I have Wall Switch and want to see my desktop as much as possible. I like some of the look of Metro, but I need the transparency (maybe even a touch more). Themers take note.
    You can adjust the transparency with GIMP. So you can take piece of one theme and mix them with pieces of another if you want.

The quicklaunch arrow thing will be a thing of the past soon enough.

4.    #44  
    There does not appear to be a straightforward way to change the system font aside from replacing the Prelude font family with other fonts.

If you look in /usr/palm/sysmgr/uiComponents/SystemMenu/ you'll see files related to the drop down system menu (with wifi, date, and so on). Editing the .qml files will let you make adjustments to font size, color, and other things. The problem is that each element specifies a font. So if you want all of the elements to use Segoe, you'd have to edit each .qml file. Or replace the Prelude family of fonts with Segoe. I'm not sure if this will affect the font used on the status bar or not.

For now, I changed the color of the date to #FFF which looks a lot better than the muted gray it was before.

Sort of a bummer. Going to try replacing the Prelude fonts today or tomorrow to see if I can figure out what will change what.

edit: Hopefully someone will come in and school me on this and let us all know of a super easy way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    So little interest because the best has already been made! Glass Effect Suite!
    I installed that theme from Preware. Restarted Luna but there seemed to be no difference at all. Do I have to apply the theme or something?
    I would really love to see a "live" wallpaper.(like on my Android smartphones)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I installed that theme from Preware. Restarted Luna but there seemed to be no difference at all. Do I have to apply the theme or something?
    I assume that you didn't get any error messages while installing?

Does your app tray have some transparency to it? Just in case maybe the effect was more subtle than you were expecting.

Live wallpapers would be cool, no idea if that would even be possible for homebrew to come up with.
    A live wallpaper would slow the already slow TouchPad down so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoll3ster View Post
    A live wallpaper would slow the already slow TouchPad down so much!!
    It's actually rather speedy once you run all the tweaks in the Beginner's Guide and overclock it mildly. I could see more than enough processing power to handle that though I agree it's probably low on the priority list.
  10.    #50  
    Going to work on changing the icons for wifi and what not once I find where I can change the color of the font in the status bar. Check mark shows up when you tap the button.

edit:

Clock parts in my dropbox: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/22683...Clock?h=f8015e

Put those in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ folder. If you want to save your original clock parts, rename the images (I add a .bak to the end of the file name).

Also, when downloading from a dropbox gallery, be sure and use the download button for each image (don't right click save as or anything).
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/12/2011 at 08:33 PM.
    morydees likes this.
    I just downloaded a Pre theme, swapped out the wallpaper and voila!
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post

Clock parts in my dropbox: Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life

Put those in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ folder. If you want to save your original clock parts, rename the images (I add a .bak to the end of the file name).

Also, when downloading from a dropbox gallery, be sure and use the download button for each image (don't right click save as or anything).
    Is there an easy/quicker way to switch clock styles or do you just have to rename the images whenever you want to switch?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Is there an easy/quicker way to switch clock styles or do you just have to rename the images whenever you want to switch?
    The easy way would be to package it together as a theme that you could uninstall. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.

What I would do:

Make a folder called images and put the clock parts in it.

With internalz, go and rename all of the original clock parts by adding a .bak to the end of the file name.

Then, with internalz, move the images folder to the appropriate location (/usr/palm/sysmgr). That way you won't have to do it one by one.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Where are the application icons located? Would like to make a icon pack.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Where are the application icons located? Would like to make a icon pack.
    Most of them are in /usr/palm/applications

Some of them are in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I am planning to do a Windows 8 Theme is anyone is interested, I am using Metro UI right now and LOVE it but I want to modify the lock screen so it looks like Win8, will keep you guys posted
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    I am planning to do a Windows 8 Theme is anyone is interested, I am using Metro UI right now and LOVE it but I want to modify the lock screen so it looks like Win8, will keep you guys posted
    I would like to see that.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    I would like to see that.
    You will, in due time. Pretty much busy these days but already planning some of the design. Installed Windows 8 too so it will give me ideas.
    how do you recover the original theme without losing any apps or settings? i seem to have downloaded a phone native theme and now my unlock icon does silly things.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast