Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi,

(Revert previous patch: BookmarksSort.patch. The new patch has the sort included.)
    (most names and codes are lower-case, watch for auto-capitalization)

There are 2 patches attached to this post:

BookmarksIconsModification.patch
    =========================
    - this patch will add 2 fields to the Bookmark Info dialog. 1st new field is location and name of 32x32 bookmark icon. 2nd new field is location and name of 64x64 bookmark icon. You can modify this location and icon name.

A trick to quickly define icon locations and names:
    1. Connect you TouchPad to PC.
    2. Create a folder "browsericons"
    3. Copy you icons to that folder, for example, "engadget32.png", "engadget64.png"
    4. Disconnect from PC
    5. Enter 32x32 icon name as "engadget"
    6. The patch will automatically add "/media/internal/browsericons/" in front and "32.png" or "64.png" at the end of "engadget".

BookmarksListModification.patch
    ========================

this patch will:
    a) sort bookmarks alphabetically,
    b) code " a-" (space a minus) in the bookmark title will remove bookmark address from the list (the address is still there, just not visible, cleaner list)
    c) you can encapsulate bookmark title into "[]" to hide all codes used for sorting or controlling browser preferences.

Attachments:
    2 patches,
    screenshot of bookmarks,
    screenshot of Bookmark Info dialog,
    sample icons

You may also see my other patches:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...bookmarks.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ly-faster.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by smatofu; 09/10/2011 at 06:25 PM.
    More good stuff, thanks!

Reminding everyone else in this new thread that this is for the original browser only, not Advanced. Unless something changed...
    this is awesome!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    this sounds great, going to give it try right now
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I am using this and it has helped a lot in sorting the bookmarks alphabetically. It's been really nice to have this.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    How do you use apply yhis?
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Second that....how do you apply the bookmark icons patch? Thanks.
    Bookmark reordering patch is fantastic. I ordered every bookmark by doing A [bookmark1] B [bookmark2] etc
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    How do you use apply yhis?
    Easiest way is to email it to yourself, save the attachment, then browse to the saved file and open it in Internalz. It will give you the option to apply the patch. The patch will be available for removal from Preware, although I believe it won't be subject to update etc. (It would still be better to submit it to be offered through those channels.)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smatofu View Post
    Hi,

(Revert previous patch: BookmarksSort.patch. The new patch has the sort included.)
    (most names and codes are lower-case, watch for auto-capitalization)

There are 2 patches attached to this post:

BookmarksIconsModification.patch
    =========================
    - this patch will add 2 fields to the Bookmark Info dialog. 1st new field is location and name of 32x32 bookmark icon. 2nd new field is location and name of 64x64 bookmark icon. You can modify this location and icon name.

A trick to quickly define icon locations and names:
    1. Connect you TouchPad to PC.
    2. Create a folder "browsericons"
    3. Copy you icons to that folder, for example, "engadget32.png", "engadget64.png"
    4. Disconnect from PC
    5. Enter 32x32 icon name as "engadget"
    6. The patch will automatically add "/media/internal/browsericons/" in front and "32.png" or "64.png" at the end of "engadget".

BookmarksListModification.patch
    ========================

this patch will:
    a) sort bookmarks alphabetically,
    b) code " a-" (space a minus) in the bookmark title will remove bookmark address from the list (the address is still there, just not visible, cleaner list)
    c) you can encapsulate bookmark title into "[]" to hide all codes used for sorting or controlling browser preferences.

Attachments:
    2 patches,
    screenshot of bookmarks,
    screenshot of Bookmark Info dialog,
    sample icons

You may also see my other patches:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...bookmarks.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ly-faster.html
    Help...I can't get the bookmark icons patch to work properly. I followed the instructions that you listed (created folder, named icons, placed it in media/internals/browsericons; however, when I go to add a site to the launcher and enter the name for both the 32 and 64 icons, nothing changes or pops in like you said...the icon doesn't change and even when I type the entire file location w/file name..it doesn't work. It still creates the crappy. Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konitalk View Post
    Help...I can't get the bookmark icons patch to work properly. I followed the instructions that you listed (created folder, named icons, placed it in media/internals/browsericons; however, when I go to add a site to the launcher and enter the name for both the 32 and 64 icons, nothing changes or pops in like you said...the icon doesn't change and even when I type the entire file location w/file name..it doesn't work. It still creates the crappy. Thanks a lot.
    Please disregard my cry for help. I think I figured out what happened. Thanks, again!
    Awesome patch.

Thanks a ton for helping make the browser better.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does this work for 3.0.4? I loved how I was able to alphabetically organize my bookmarks but after installing 3.0.4, all my bookmarks are scattered. Can I simply reapply the patch to get it to work again? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    does this work for 3.0.4? I loved how I was able to alphabetically organize my bookmarks but after installing 3.0.4, all my bookmarks are scattered. Can I simply reapply the patch to get it to work again? Thanks!
    Works for me on 3.0.4, though I never had it installed on 3.0.2.
    Great patch - I will actually use bookmarks now!
    once I apply the patch and create new bookmarks, the new booksmarks does not seem to get organize
    I get an error when I try to install both patches via the email attachment/install directly on TP method.

But both patches install fine when I save the patches on my pc and then transfer them via USB to my TP, and then install via Internalz Pro.

Time to test it out, thanks!
    Last edited by chex_bomb; 11/22/2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I love this patch. Will it be getting the 3.0.5 treatment?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carini View Post
    I love this patch. Will it be getting the 3.0.5 treatment?
    I just reloaded the patch after updating to 3.0.5 and it's working fine.
    I was able to un/reinstall the list modification patch under 3.0.5, but I get an error ("patch installation failed...1 out of 4 hunks failed..") when I try to reinstall the icon modification patch

I'll be patiently waiting for a solution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast