Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, so i found out how to set a homepage for the browser.
    You have to use internalz to edit a file though, as i don't know how to make a patch,
    but in the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs, $i$ $changed$ $the$ $line$:

this.$.pane.selectViewByName("startpage");

to

this.setUrl("http://www.precentral.net");

This is in the function labeled "rendered:"

I attached a screen shot of it.
    after editing, save and luna restart, and it will load up right to precentral.

Do this at your own risk, and only if your comfortable with editing files.
    Maybe someone can make a patch out of this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    This file shows read only. How do I change to editable ?
  3.    #3  
    in the preferences of internalz, all the way at the bottom is "Master Mode", turn it on. Should be able to edit it now.

I changed mine around a little, and added it to the menu:

In the kind "AppMenu", add the line:

{name: "homeMenuItem", caption: $L("Home"), onclick: "goToHome"},

I put it as the first entry but you can put it where you want.

then in the rendered function, instead of putting the URL there, i had it call a new function i created:

this.goToHome();

this is the function:

goToHome: function() {
    this.setUrl("http://yourhomepage.com");
    },

See the screen shots for the code i added.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thricetwice; 09/10/2011 at 11:52 PM.
    patch please!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It works, thanks! Is there any difference on using those gotohome lines than just the url one?

In the screen shot from the first post, you forget to remove the line this.$.pane.selectViewByName("startpage");
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    It works, thanks! Is there any difference on using those gotohome lines than just the url one?

In the screen shot from the first post, you forget to remove the line this.$.pane.selectViewByName("startpage");
    yeah i just commented it out, so it doesn't execute it

The difference in the second one, is it will add a menu option to click and it will load the homepage.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Second instruction works for me too. Just the "AppMenu" line has one symbol typo, should be } in the end instead of ).
    Any chance to create a text search function? :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Second instruction works for me too. Just the "AppMenu" line has one symbol typo, should be } in the end instead of ).
    Any chance to create a text search function? :-P
    You can make the built in one appear by re-enabling this line in BrowserApp.jsjsjs:
    Code:
    {caption: $L("Find on Page"), onclick: "showFindOnPage"}
    This will add a 'Find' option to the menu.

However, the find bar appears at the bottom of the screen and is covered by the keyboard, which isn't terribly helpful for seeing what you're typing! What needs to happen is to move it to the top of browser window, however having only just started looking at WebOS, I have no idea how to make that happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    in the preferences of internalz, all the way at the bottom is "Master Mode", turn it on. Should be able to edit it now.

I changed mine around a little, and added it to the menu:

In the kind "AppMenu", add the line:

{name: "homeMenuItem", caption: $L("Home"), onclick: "goToHome"},

I put it as the first entry but you can put it where you want.

then in the rendered function, instead of putting the URL there, i had it call a new function i created:

this.goToHome();

this is the function:

goToHome: function() {
    this.setUrl("http://yourhomepage.com");
    },

See the screen shots for the code i added.
    Any chance of submitting a patch to preware?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpedflash View Post
    Any chance of submitting a patch to preware?
    I don't know how to make them so someone else would have to do it.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Why not just setup your links in 3x3links.com and save to your favorites/app bar and use the link to open a homepage?
    Quote Originally Posted by atraum View Post
    Why not just setup your links in 3x3links.com and save to your favorites/app bar and use the link to open a homepage?
    because you could just have 3x3links.com open when you open the browser?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Correcto and this is exactly what happens when you open the browser using the link you saved in favorites or your taskbar.
    Yeah, also i added in a way to add a home option to the menu, so you can navigate right back.
    Added that and a context menu entry.

I was adding that in as well, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to save and access the text you put in.
    I know I couldn't find where I should store it. In then end considered a **** it move and was going to create a global variable and then just use that but didnt as it would have been a bit meh.

I looked at this, and the find function isn't even complete.
    I was able to move the find bar to the top, but when you use it, it will only find the first instance of the search word. The find next/previous functions were never written. (the functions exist, they are just empty).
    Its interesting this was left out. and the save form data area was commented out as well which is a shame.
    Correcto and this is exactly what happens when you open the browser using the link you saved in favorites or your taskbar.
    yep but if you open a new blank page from within teh browser it would be blank again.

I actually started looking into making this into a patch that would allow you to set a URL in the preferences page but it got a bit over my head and then i found that the UniviedDiffCreator only works with 1 file edited (from what I can see anyway)
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, also i added in a way to add a home option to the menu, so you can navigate right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedflash
    I actually started looking into making this into a patch that would allow you to set a URL in the preferences page but it got a bit over my head
    I was adding that in as well, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to save and access the text you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenRW
    You can make the built in one appear by re-enabling this line in BrowserApp.jsjsjs:
    Code:

{caption: $L("Find on Page"), onclick: "showFindOnPage"}

This will add a 'Find' option to the menu.

However, the find bar appears at the bottom of the screen and is covered by the keyboard, which isn't terribly helpful for seeing what you're typing! What needs to happen is to move it to the top of browser window, however having only just started looking at WebOS, I have no idea how to make that happen...
    I was able to move the find bar to the top, but when you use it, it will only find the first instance of the search word. The find next/previous functions were never written. (the functions exist, they are just empty).
    People actually bother to open the browser manually???
    Added that and a context menu entry.

I know I couldn't find where I should store it. In then end considered a **** it move and was going to create a global variable and then just use that but didnt as it would have been a bit meh.

I saw this was left out as well might not be too hard to write the next/previous functions. would be great to know if you can create a patch using multiple files to do this stuff. and the save form data area was commented out as well which is a shame.

The Advanced webos basically just has this stuff back in and tabs.
    This worked perfect for me! Thanks so much!
    A patch would be NICE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast