Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thanks to all who contributed here. I was able to change the homepage, however now I cannot install "Custom browser gestures" path that is released today. BTW, I commented the original line and added a new one just as OP.

the error is pasted here. Can someone assist me?

PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Nov 1 20:07:30 EDT 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    Contains tweaks file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 603.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$the$
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 601.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Installation FAILED!
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures:
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Or you could just use "Shortcut Launcher" and create all kinds of "Home Pages" on your launcher bar or tabs. Sorry for the self-plug, just seemed like an opportune time.

TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by lagreat View Post
    thanks to all who contributed here. I was able to change the homepage, however now I cannot install "Custom browser gestures" path that is released today. BTW, I commented the original line and added a new one just as OP.

the error is pasted here. Can someone assist me?

PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Nov 1 20:07:30 EDT 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    Contains tweaks file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    Dry run patch attempt...
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 603.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$the$
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 601.
    Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures:
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    If you edited that file in Internalz, that's your culprit.

It messes up the End of Line characters.

Restore the file with the backup you hopefully, made, then download the Unified Diff Creator and make yourself a patch. It's super simple, if you can edit a file in Internalz, you can make a patch.

After you've restored the file, the patch should install just fine.
    I tried hard to make this into a patch. Unfortunately without asking other people to work with me to make our patches compatible, it can't be done. The line for this is right in the middle of an area another patch uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    I tried hard to make this into a patch. Unfortunately without asking other people to work with me to make our patches compatible, it can't be done. The line for this is right in the middle of an area another patch uses.
    I think I have found a way to do it with other patches installed. I edited the Startpage.is. I make the change below:

showingChanged: function() {
    this.inherited(arguments);
    // Always focus the action bar when start page is shown.
    if (this.showing) {
    //this.$.actionbar.forceFocus(); Stops keyboard from poping up.
    this.doUrlChange("www.yourhomepage.com"); //added this line
    } else {
    this.$.actionbar.forceBlur();
    }
    },

EDIT: it works but doesn't let links open from an email. Will look at that later.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 11/19/2011 at 03:16 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12