Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Also want.
    Would also love to see a patch for this.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    +1
    +2
    +1
    would love to see this too
    me2
    ditto
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    with this interest now all we need is someone with the capability to make this a reality
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    with this interest now all we need is someone with the capability to make this a reality
    which is the hard part!
    +1
    +1

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Has ANY request for a patch been filled so far, or are developers doing their own thing?
    Honestly, this patch is unrealistic and can't be done in patch form. So while I agree it would be awesome, this is really one of those things that would need to be done at such a low level that it's no longer a "patch". We can't just patch text files to get this one to work.

HP themselves would need to implement this into the parts of webOS that are compiled code, sorry guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Has ANY request for a patch been filled so far, or are developers doing their own thing?
    Many patches have been completed and updated. One of the things you need to know is that we have had 3 devices launch since June, all on different versions of webOS. Every device needs to be tested with the patches and every version of the OS needs to be tested with every patch before they are released. So every update is a new round of testing and releasing.

We have seen 2 OS versions on the TouchPad be released (as I am sure you have seen other versions are rumored to be coming). I have no clue how many OS versions have been out for the Pre3 any more with the various versions of that phone out. The Veer is running 2.1.2 and the Pre2 2.1.0.

Add to that, some of our developers started back to school a month or 2 ago. The patching (and even app development) is for free in a lot of cases and not their main job in almost all cases (I can't think of any patch developer that is an app developer by trade).

Take all that into consideration, then add to the fact some of the things being asked for are high level development and coding. webOS 2.x and 3.x have brought some difficulty to some of the patching we have seen in the past (for example items coded in C). Jason of Canuck Coding just figured out how to get the LED as a flashlight on the Pre3 (something we have had for 2ish years on every other webOS phone that had an LED). Then add in that some requests are near impossible to lay on top of an OS.

Just saying it's not that people aren't working on things.... but before everyone was working on pretty much 1 device running 1 version of the OS. Technically there are now 6 devices running webOS (not counting + versions), internationally on all different software versions.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    WANT
    Maybe it would be easier to patch in the style of cursor movement we use on the smartphones, e.g. hold a button and then slide the finger across the screen to move the coursor around. I know the touchpad does not have a hardware keyboard, but maybe this can be translated to a multitouch gesture. For example hold two fingers somewhere on the screen and slide across with a third finger to move the cursor. Without any knowledge about this stuff I guess this would still be easier to accomplish then to code a whole new UI effect like the magnification glass, right?
    I really hope this gets done!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    I really hope this gets done!
    Me too but I highly doubt it since many other basic features are missing (find text in a web page since we live in 2011 for example) let alone something challenging like this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    bump
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast