Like Tree2Likes
    Is this in Preware? Can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    Is this in Preware? Can't find it.
    Yes, it's in preware

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I was wondering why there wasn't a swipe back/fwd stock on the touchpad. This is a decent first attempt and I applaud the dev for doing it. Definitely needs some tweaking but after trying many times I think I got the hang of it.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't it be, swipe right to left for back and swipe left to right for forward? that is how it always worked on my Pre-, seems backwards to me on this patch .
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't it be, swipe right to left for back and swipe left to right for forward? that is how it always worked on my Pre-, seems backwards to me on this patch .
    It depends on how you look at it.
    If you have a piece of paper sitting on a table and start from the right and swipe it to the left, it moves left doesn't it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelzappa View Post
    I'd love to see something similar to this implemented globally. Maybe a 3 fingers swipe to switch between cards, to replace the gesture from phones.
    First thing I found "wrong" with webos. It hit me immediately, within the 1st hour of playing with it, that it needs navigation without going into card view. It is my only request, besides MORE APPS.
    brilliant! I installed it, didn't know how to work it and forgot about it. Now that I know how it works, it will come in handy.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    This would be a million times better without the damn overscrolling.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    would be more useful if it worked in all apps.. pretty annoying having to hit arrows on top or botton of screen to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlsmn View Post
    Doesn't seem to work on Advanced Browser,anyone else?
    Doesn't seem to work in AB for me either.
    Great idea. Unfortunately it seems to take me multiple tries to pull it off, and the rubber band side to side effect makes it really awkward visually. It does work though, so nice job.

HP dropped the ball not implementing this globally.
    love the patch and the tweak to set it up the way I want. Love it love it, just need an advanced gesture patch to go to the top or bottom of the webpage
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    it's ok. clunky in operation. wonder how it works, can it be improved upon? because it'd be really nice if we could invert it, and maybe fix it so that it doesnt start a zoom .. two fingers should have to go -apart- to zoom i'd think.. but while trying to get this to work, i found out otherwise.

not saying it's clunky because of the dev, it's clunky because of the problems with our browser.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    it's ok. clunky in operation. wonder how it works, can it be improved upon? because it'd be really nice if we could invert it, and maybe fix it so that it doesnt start a zoom .. two fingers should have to go -apart- to zoom i'd think.. but while trying to get this to work, i found out otherwise.

not saying it's clunky because of the dev, it's clunky because of the problems with our browser.
    You can invert it...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    First thing I found "wrong" with webos. It hit me immediately, within the 1st hour of playing with it, that it needs navigation without going into card view. It
    is my only request, besides MORE APPS.
    Ya, all these gestures discussed are part of the webOS phone version. Much like all the new people now frustrated and loving the cardview and flicking the card up to close something finding themselves forgetting and trying to do this with their phones that are not webos catching themselves forgetting their back to iOS, Android, or whatever else. Speaks to the natural functionality of the ui implementation when it is embraced and adopted as second nature so quickly.

I, myself, find similar pining for gestures to work on the TP and am guilty of trying to back swipe from time to time. Tapping the back button is hardly a chore & yet now that I have been using gestures since I got my Pre on launch day for Sprint it is tough to give it up. I'm not sure what I'll do if some new webos phone hardware doesn't come along. I've had a Pre or Pre plus for so long now, but nothing has wooed me to jumping bc webOS fits my usage habits so well. I've played with and used the other big os phones except WM7 on a 2nd line. Sort of a sad state since I pretty much got a new phones every 6 months or so prior to getting my Pre.

Really hope this patch can renew gesture use for the TP and it would be awesome if it worked as well when applied as the newly updated touch smoothness & sensitivity patch has meant in terms of upgrading the UI.

Thanks & I look fwd to seeing how this baby grows!
  16. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

Download "Tweaks" from Preware and it'll let you invert the swipe function -- it'll show up in the browser section of Tweaks.
  17. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    See above post about inverting. Use Tweaks to set it to invert.
    I tried to install both Add Thumbnav Controls v3.0.2-28 and Browser Power Swipe and I encountered a hunk failure error. I figured out it was due to a conflict between the two patches, and only one of these patches will work at a time. Power swipe did work, but it seemed a little hit or miss to me. I found that Thumbnail Controls better suits me for now.

I agree that an advanced gesture for top/bottom of webpages would be real nice.
    Last edited by notreworked; 09/13/2011 at 02:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I wondered what "power swipe" meant. Not sure why the patch description doesn't say "two finger swipe". I would have installed it if I could tell what it was.
    There is a similar gesture patch for 2.x that was called power swipe, that's why I picked that name.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12