Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    This was requested by someone in the general TP forum but there was no follow up to it so I thought I would post it here. I think it would be one of the most useful patches available (if it is actually possible).

Basically create a patch that adds a small key in the top right row of the software keyboard where there is currently empty space. When tapped, a micro 4 key extension (box) slides up right above with 4 directional arrow. Tap arrows to move cursor around. This would be HUGE in document editing and email writing.

Firstly, is this even possible? And secondly, if no one is willing to take it up would someone be willing to at least describe the basic steps required, and I will try to find someone to do it (as I don't code myself).

Thanks guys
    Buy a HP bluetooth Keyboard, it comes with arrow keys.
    Would like this for when I am not carrying my BT keyboard, like today or around the house.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    I commute to work everyday 1.5 hours each way on the train. A bt keyboard is just not practical, especially when the software version is so good. I imagine there are A LOT of people that would find this useful.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I agree putting these somewhere would be very helpful!
    +1 for arrow keys for the onscreen keyboard!
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    if you need it to document editing and emails, i added arrow keys to WritePad app.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    I would prefer the arrow keys in all application or in the keyboard itself.
    For example it is much easier to navigate with arrow keys in the browser adressbar if you made an mistake by entering the url.
    razzbaronz likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    +1 for arrow keys on v kb
    something224 likes this.
    +1, pain in the *** when I just can't insert or delete a single letter.. Any patch to add some arrow keys would be massively appreciated!
  11.    #11  
    bump.... Just because it is sooooooo important.
    +1. Needz moar arrowz
  13. Dis
    Doesn't this need to be an official HP webOS update? ie not possible via a patch?
    oh and want...
    yes even just left and right arrow next to each side of the top row number keys would be great.
    Underseen, Fibo and phil71 like this.
    <<moved thread>>

Hopefully this gets more eyes in the TP homebrew section.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yes Plz!
    A simple left right key would do wonders!
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Fibo likes this.
    maybe a bounty would provide an incentive for development

just sayin'
    Agreed. Definitely needs arrow keys. At a minimum, left/right.

What an oversight to omit something like this.
    Fibo and phil71 like this.
    Plus one
    How about escape and control keys too!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast