Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes
    Can't install via xterm, so looks like I'm waiting for a preware update. Props to everyone who made this patch, though.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Can't install via xterm, so looks like I'm waiting for a preware update. Props to everyone who made this patch, though.

I know it works though the webOS Quick Install that you use to install Preware and other patches. Have you tried that?

I did update the instructions to note that xterm does not work. Thanks for trying it out.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

My laptop is dead, sadly. I'm reduced to what I can do natively on the TP.

My laptop is dead, sadly. I'm reduced to what I can do natively on the TP.

I have never attempted anything like this, but it might also be possible to use Internalz to create a batch file to execute the script.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Been looking at the func.sh file. Runs fine until the stopping Luna line. I just can't tell (obviously) if it is doing anything after that. Do the echo lines post to novaterm after Luna shuts down?

Also used the check command and there shouldn't be any problems after Luna stop, but that is where it seems to hang.

Been looking at the func.sh file. Runs fine until the stopping Luna line. I just can't tell (obviously) if it is doing anything after that. Do the echo lines post to novaterm after Luna shuts down?

Actually yes. Below I have posted the last few lines from the terminal window. I never thought about it but I assume xterm stops when Luna is stopped so it can't complete. LOL just borrow a friends computer for a few minutes.

Code:
    Remounting / as rw                                                              
    Original file aleready backed up in /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig                    
    Stopping Luna                                                                   
    Coping file 304.patched to /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr                                  
    Starting Luna                                                                   
    Remounting / back as ro                                                         
    Removing temp file 304.patched                                                  
    Ok.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Yeah, that's exactly what is happening.

Darn, I was hoping xterm would work more like cl in linux. Oh, well. I guess this means there is no lower level access in webOS and unlikely to be unless HP releases something.

Wonder if I can manually copy the 304.patched file and restart. I'll let ya know how that works. ;-)

I just found this patch and it's applying now. I got the idea because I was using my brother's iMac's BT keyboard with my TP and I'm impressed with it, but it lacks card-view arrow key navigation, of which disappoints me. Oh well. Since webOS is OS now I'm sure that'll be fixed unless this patch fixes it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234