Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Bueller? Bueller? Buel...
    I notice that the new SplashTop application added a layer of key commands on top of the built-in keyboard, this proves that it is possible at least in some form for this to happen doesn't it? is there some kinda block in the code that makes the same keyboard add-on only possible in an app?
    I want arrows baaaaaad.
    one major niggle I have with tp is going back to edit text and bashing the screen to get the cursor in the right place. I do miss the apple magnifying glass, could that be patched?
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseen View Post
    I notice that the new SplashTop application added a layer of key commands on top of the built-in keyboard, this proves that it is possible at least in some form for this to happen doesn't it? is there some kinda block in the code that makes the same keyboard add-on only possible in an app?
    It's possible that this is more complex with the native keyboard as it has to be programmed to work with any app that could be used on the TP. Where as SplashTop could program to their specific apps requirements. Honestly bought SplashTop but haven't used it yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Arrows are needed for this OS to be fully functioning. Fill boxes are a complete pain.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    - up arrow
    - down arrow
    - left arrow
    - right arrow

code them into a keyboard layout
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackid View Post
    - up arrow
    - down arrow
    - left arrow
    - right arrow

code them into a keyboard layout
    Those only work in a Xterm window. If you use them anywhere else(like a browser textbox) it just prints the chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    There are no arrow keys on the iPad either. or on phone keyboards that I am aware of. Is there some general limitation?
    Swype on Android has arrow keys under the Special-tab, Hacker's Keyboard on Android has the arrow keys on the main tab. So there are keyboards with arrow keys. Not on webOS, but it is possible if those 2 can do it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    How about a button to switch to a keyboard with numbers and arrowkeys.
    can somebody make a patch to the keyboard to have a left - right arrows on the keyboard so when im typing and want to go back 5 or 6 words my fat fingers will get me on the word I want not half way or after or before. if I had arrows keys I could move over to the words or letter I want
    Yes.. and a patch to allow arrow and 'card' keys on HP's BT keyboard to move and swipe cards?

<threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Still need dem arrow keys.
    +1 arrow keys
    Another here for arrow keys.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    I would like the arrow keys added as well, but just so folks know, the Tapnote app added some left and right keys for taking notes. Nice app, syncs to dropbox and your pc automagically.
    I created a mockup that would be my ideal webOS vkb. You can see it here. A forum admin over at developer.palm.com said he would forward it to the Product Management team for me, so hopefully HP will add these functions in the next release or two. Even if you don't like the layout, we can change the layout, once the functionality is added.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    What about adding a virtual joystick like the ThinkPad's red Trackpoint/thumbstick things? Maybe position it next to the number 0, although it might be too hard to control vs. using buttons.

I also like Maverickz idea of adding a ctrl button next to the space bar for other tasks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TP + P3 = synergized
    PATCH COMPLETED.

Check link in my signature.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Check out my thread for updated keyboard layout patches with arrow keys.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast