Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #21  
    I'm in for $40 to start this off. That's $40 Canadian... worth like $40.10 USD!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-patches.html

Work is on the way. Head to the above thread.

PS: Mods could maybe close this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by amit_on_tp View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-patches.html

Work is on the way. Head to the above thread.

PS: Mods could maybe close this thread.
    That thread does not address this request. From the first post in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    FAQ:
    Q: Can you add navigation keys (like Home, End, arrow keys) to the virtual keyboard?
    - A: No. It's not possible. Read Dmitry's explanation here: Talk:Changing keyboard layout on TouchPad.
    For a brief explanation of what is in the link. The methods in that thread are only modifying code that already exists in webOS. At this point if the arrow keys are in the code nobody has found it. More likely, the arrow keys are not currently in the code, so the method in that thread could not be used to add them.

At this point it may not be possible or could be highly complex to program the base code needed for native arrow keys throughout webOS 3.x.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That thread does not address this request. From the first post in that thread.
    okie, thanks... got what you mean. Agreed this would be quite useful if possible.
    +1 plz do it, its really hard to correct a typo when you always tap the wrong position.
    Fibo likes this.
    if arrow keys work on an external keyboard... would it be possible for someone capture the request that is being sent to the device and replicate it into an onscreen macro of some sort, my thinking is simular to the way some games put a D-Pads on the screen for movement
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseen View Post
    if arrow keys work on an external keyboard... would it be possible for someone capture the request that is being sent to the device and replicate it into an onscreen macro of some sort
    I was thinking similar thoughts.

If the commands can be captured, we already know it's possible to modify the physical layout of the keyboard. This is still well beyond me though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    There are no arrow keys on the iPad either. or on phone keyboards that I am aware of. Is there some general limitation?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    There are no arrow keys on the iPad either. or on phone keyboards that I am aware of. Is there some general limitation?
    Nope, no general limitation. Some phones do have arrow keys (landscape sliders), webOS phones didn't *need* arrow keys because they implemented cursor control in another way, also not really room for the arrow keys on a portrait slider. I also believe some android keyboards have arrow keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Buy a HP bluetooth Keyboard, it comes with arrow keys.
    who wants to carry around a keyboard, that defeats the purpose of an ultraportable tablet
    This would be very useful on the touchpad, makes navigating and correcting errors on my evo 4g very easy.
    Quills likes this.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Definitely another case of 'what were they thinking'.
    Fibo likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i dont know if this is helpful information, but from this topic http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ard-works.html

read post #30
    Fibo likes this.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    who wants to carry around a keyboard, that defeats the purpose of an ultraportable tablet
    I totally carry around the HP Keyboard. is a must for (class) note taking and library stuff. Way beats my 30lb laptop
    +1 for arrow keys.
    The one app I have that does have arrow keys is TapNote. Both the free and the paid edition. It's on a bar just above the keyboard. Comes in very handy.
    Fibo likes this.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    + 1 for tapnote.
    Have you guys checked out TIDE in Preware? It's a text editor - dev environment, but he's got arrows And basic shortcuts working.. It was a little buggy when I tried it, but wanna give it another go.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Fibo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    yeah- the TP is not the iPad. You touch am iPad screen and it knows where you meant to touch (maybe the misspelled word).
    +1 , necessary
    - HP Veer --
    any update on this? I needs me some arrow keys.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast