1.    #1  
    The last two times I've tried Luna Restart following a homebrew patch update my TouchPad has gotten stuck in an endless reboot with the pulsing HP logo. I've had to do the power+home+vol.down button restart to get it back to life. Has this happened to anyone else? It only seems to happen with the luna restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    The last two times I've tried Luna Restart following a homebrew patch update my TouchPad has gotten stuck in an endless reboot with the pulsing HP logo. I've had to do the power+home+vol.down button restart to get it back to life. Has this happened to anyone else? It only seems to happen with the luna restart.
    I suggest a reflash with the doctor..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTriXx View Post
    I suggest a reflash with the doctor..
    been trying the doctor...but after it says to connect, nothing happens when I do. It's been sitting connected for almost two hours...tried three different USB ports. Nothing.

I'm beginning to regret getting this touchpad...it's been trouble and very buggy. I think webOS may not really have been ready for primetime.
    been trying the doctor...but after it says to connect, nothing happens when I do. It's been sitting connected for almost two hours...tried three different USB ports. Nothing.

I'm beginning to regret getting this touchpad...it's been trouble and very buggy. I think webOS may not really have been ready for primetime.
    So, you're having problems with a patched device and expect it to be trouble free and instead you blame the operating system which is no longer in its pristine state?

I won't ask why you did buy it in the first place

As for your issue, there are issues runnimg the Doctor on win7 and the latest macOS. I suggest using another machine to run the webOS Doctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    So, you're having problems with a patched device and expect it to be trouble free and instead you blame the operating system which is no longer in its pristine state?

I won't ask why you did buy it in the first place

As for your issue, there are issues runnimg the Doctor on win7 and the latest macOS. I suggest using another machine to run the webOS Doctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I bought it because my previous device, a Pixi, though buggy and laggy was a good intro to webOS and I had assumed that 3.0 would be a vast improvement on those issues. As it is, I can't even surf the web...I keep getting "Unable to load page" errors. The App Catalog is almost never without "Retry" errors.

I'm not on Windows 7. I'm on Vista. So the win7 "issues" you speak of are not pertinent.

I'd like some advice I can truly use.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    what patch did you do? It could well be an incompatible patch you have installed I don't know why you blame webos for a mod that you should jolly well knowthr risk.
    I bought it because my previous device, a Pixi, though buggy and laggy was a good intro to webOS and I had assumed that 3.0 would be a vast improvement on those issues. As it is, I can't even surf the web...I keep getting "Unable to load page" errors. The App Catalog is almost never without "Retry" errors.

I'm not on Windows 7. I'm on Vista. So the win7 "issues" you speak of are not pertinent.

I'd like some advice I can truly use.
    Ok, still you should try running the Doctor on another machine. Is your Vista 64 bit by any chance? I've seen it running with no issues in 32 bit operating systems :-)

And welcome back, sorry for the harsh welcome, I had a bad day