Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    This is cool.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Great job ! Kudos !

Some games seems to need additional settings (gles2n64rom.conf) to get the screen size right and other things. Would be nice if people would share what mods they made for which game which made it correct/work/playable.

BTW.. the first post seems to have d/l link for ver 0.0.2 and I guess we have 0.0.3 out.

Thanks !
  3. Cha
    Good job so far. I was really excited to see Diddy Kong work.
    I know there's still a lot to do, but word on where tilt control is on the list of priorities? Its my number one wish. When it is implemented, can you add the option to have it control the 2nd controller (for GE dual anallogers) or the c buttons, please? That would be a big help, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lulbert View Post
    disappointed in the slow/freezing in mario kart
    mario kart works perfect for me with sound. Are you using the latest version 0.0.3
    Just going over the original post so editing my post to remove what I asked for as the OP did clearly state not to ask what I asked.

Sorry.
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 09/14/2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Where would one *cough* get the *cough* roms *cough* from?
    <_<
    >_>...

usisiudhdjwigoogleCoolRom
    Great work, mario 64 works like a charm.
    mario 64 only runs at about 15 - 20 FPS on mine even with sound disabled...is that what everyone is getting also? my TP is clocked at 1.5 GHZ, just wondering if there are additional tweaks that i need to do to increase performance?
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by docboy8380 View Post
    mario 64 only runs at about 15 - 20 FPS on mine even with sound disabled...is that what everyone is getting also? my TP is clocked at 1.5 GHZ, just wondering if there are additional tweaks that i need to do to increase performance?
    If you haven't already try the patches mentioned in the first post but it might be related to the frameskipping code. I changed it to match the original method from the graphics plugin but older versions used n64oids method. I think the current method always skips whereas n64oid skips if the game is running slow.

Frameskipping improves the speed of the emulator at the cost of fps. You can change frame render rate in gles2n64.conf currently it is 2 which skips every other frame. If you set it to 1 you should get 30fps in marios title screens and bits around the castle but it may be slow in the actual levels.

It's on my to-do list to look at this.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    If you haven't already try the patches mentioned in the first post but it might be related to the frameskipping code. I changed it to match the original method from the graphics plugin but older versions used n64oids method. I think the current method always skips whereas n64oid skips if the game is running slow.

Frameskipping improves the speed of the emulator at the cost of fps. You can change frame render rate in gles2n64.conf currently it is 2 which skips every other frame. If you set it to 1 you should get 30fps in marios title screens and bits around the castle but it may be slow in the actual levels.

It's on my to-do list to look at this.
    So glad to see your working on this.

Thanks for the update, I'm loving this app!!!
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    thanks for the prompt response, i'll tinker around with it some more tonight and see what happens
    the ctrl and arrow keys dont work on my bluetooth keyboard with this
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    the ctrl and arrow keys dont work on my bluetooth keyboard with this
    that a limitation of the keyboard not the emulator. From what I can tell the arrows only work inside a text field.
    Absolutely love this Emulator!!! It's pretty much made my day, and that includes acually getting my Touchpad!!! Thanks!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    i put the TP in USB mode and tried looking through all the folders on it, but never saw the gles2n64.conf file...am i looking in the wrong place?
    Atreyu likes this.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by docboy8380 View Post
    i put the TP in USB mode and tried looking through all the folders on it, but never saw the gles2n64.conf file...am i looking in the wrong place?
    USB mode shows /media/internal you need /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/

You can edit the file on device using Internalz Pro from Preware. Im going to move the settings files to the n64 folder at some stage to simplify this.
    Change your frameskipping to 1
    My Mario 64 ran at full speed with the TouchPad OCed to 1.8GHz.
    When I say full speed I mean it was completely smooth.

This did make the audio choppy on Star Fox 64 though.
    Mario runs perfect though, audio and everything.

OOT also seems to be running faster.
    Last edited by ickna11; 09/16/2011 at 01:07 PM.
    0.0.3 runs fantastic, but the save feature doesn't seem to work with mario 64. I press the top left corner and it temporarily pauses, but when I re-open the emulator it acts like I opened it for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnets View Post
    0.0.3 runs fantastic, but the save feature doesn't seem to work with mario 64. I press the top left corner and it temporarily pauses, but when I re-open the emulator it acts like I opened it for the first time.
    press the top right corner for loads
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    Has anyone else have OoT force close on them? There's a room in the deku tree that always crashes the emu, (area with the moving platform above the water).
    Do I got a bad rip? I'm running on 1.2ghz sound on. Game was running so smoothly up to this point

*edit* I found exiting the room before and re-entering stops the room with the water from force closing.. Now now the room afterwards just ends up freezing it again. :[
    yup. maybe quick saving before entering\exiting will get around this issue?
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast