Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Guys Where do I find the install file for the emulator? I saw the title got really excited, opened the link, read stuff got even more excited! But I can't find the link to the emulator, nor is it in Preware. So where do I get the App!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    Link2999
    I just had a quick look through the input code, there's a chance the keyboard support might work I don't know if you've tried it?
    Analog Pad is "Arrow Keys"
    C Up/Left/Down/Right are "I", "J", "K", "L"
    DPad Up/Left/Down/Right are "W", "A", "S", "D"
    Z trig is "z" key
    L and R trigs are "x" and "c"
    Start is "Enter" ("Return")
    A is "left shift"
    B is "left control"
    Select Mempack = ","
    Select Rumblepack = "."

Wow! I just tried and there is keyboard support! Works great! Thanks a bunch
    Is there anyway to remap the buttons though? Maybe manually through a file? The default mappings are fine for now, but just in case I want to change them in the future.

On an separate note from the keymappings, I found disabling the audio plugin tends to speed up the framerate on other N64 emulators along with some other graphic settings (unsure of exact settings offhand). Adding a menu with the option of disabling the audio (not just putting it on mute) should help speed up a lot of the games.

Edit: Your OP is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Guys Where do I find the install file for the emulator? I saw the title got really excited, opened the link, read stuff got even more excited! But I can't find the link to the emulator, nor is it in Preware. So where do I get the App!?
    It was in the first post. OP mention something about updating it, so just keep an eye out. I'm sure it will be back soon.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Hello....
    Linky - Linky
    Pretty please......
    can someone please post a link with the ipk!! i don't even care if it runs at 1 fps...i just want to try it...
  6.    #46  
    The edited message hasn't been approved yet. In the mean time try:
    box.net/shared/9mt62bk784hkyv72xxlr
    to update u just install over in the same directory right?
  8.    #48  
    Yes installing should replace the old version. If downloaded file doesn't end in .ipk add it then open it so preware can install it.
    Yes installing should replace the old version. If downloaded file doesn't end in .ipk add it then open it so preware can install it.
    sounds good...memory leak did show in the second version tho haha
    thanks a lot man!
    I don't know of any work being done with regards to multicore I imagine keeping things in sync would be a challenge. I haven't looked into it but if the graphics plugin doesn't modify a lot of shared memory putting that on the other core could be a big win. Some of the PC emulators for newer consoles have multicore support I believe.
    The other frontends might be of use in an XServer, a lot of them were for v 1.5 I think the wx frontend supports 1.99.
    Fair enough. Even offloading the sound to the second CPU would alleviate some issues (although if I remember correctly, N64 had some weird way of passing audio in line with the frames so that may not work.) I brought up the question on the gp32x boards for the Pandora ages ago, and Adventus didn't suggest any useful (easy) way of utilizing the second CPU.

Yep I've seen some weird borders, they're not fixed yet but I think I know the cause. The games I've tried have said expansion pack detected, is there a particular one which doesn't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    Some games do have a weird issue that the image is doubles around the edges of the screen, like a frame around a picture. Doesnt really affect the game though.
    This hasn't got to do with the application itself. There are "custom configurations" for each particular game that has been done up, some games have a forced resolution of 873x568 (or something like that) and as it doesn't stretch you get the weirdness around the outsides. To modify this you'll need to go into configuration section (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/).

It may be worth trying different versions and regions if a game doesn't work, but some just crash whatever you try.
    This was always the case with Zelda, the EUR version ran MUCH worse than the US version on the N900.

If your a dev or feeling adventurous you can try tweaking some of the files in the installation directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/
    There really isn't that much available for performance tweaks other than the frameskip really. I never found anything to support that different resolutions helped much.

Also running it from the terminal will give you some more information.
    Been doing this for the most part, and for the amount of errors and other ugly things I figured it wasn't really worth mentioning till you get out of "alpha" and make an attempt at a bug free version :P

Thanks again for the support, I've added a donate button but can't make any promises particularly with regards to performance.
    I'll happily donate if I actually find myself using this a fair amount (as of the moment I get better performance out of mupen64plus on the N900 + a keyboard).

EDIT: Also waiting for the edit to be approved so I can try second version. Perhaps a static link in another one of your posts (for every time you edit for a new version).

EDIT2: A dummy audio plugin to simply ignore audio would be awesome too.
    Last edited by izzeho; 09/11/2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I've released an updated version with some fixes.
    (used to say stupid question here)
    Last edited by twack; 09/11/2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Didn't RTFM
    As far as expansion pak games go i have tried:
    -Rush 2049 which does run but is very slow
    -Hydro Thunder freezes as soon as the race countdown starts. To be fair this game freezes on quite a few emulators.
    -Rouge Squadron
    -Battle For Naboo

The expansion pak added an extra 4MB to the N64, perhaps the additional memory is not being properly allocated?

I have noticed that games that will fail seem to take a rather long time to load

Would adding a static border around the screen fix the framing issue?
  14. Cha
    Nice improvement. Most of the 2d glitches seem fixed.
    1080 still unplayable.
    Armorines now a ble yo get into it. Frames are about half.
    Banjo Kazoo's text is a little better. Now you probably see about 35%. Actually, after you ft through the intro stage most of the text is readable.
  15. Cha
    All the expansion oak games I've played that work recognize the expansion oak. Road Rash even lets you go into hires mode.
    Guess the donate button is in the currently hidden OP. Will have to hit it up when it comes back, want to give you something for your efforts. I know there aren't any promises but figure at the worst this becomes a spring board for others to start from.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    The update definitely helped with some of the roms I tried, but now I'm missing the button overlay. The buttons are still there in the same position, but it's a guessing game as to where they actually are cause you can't see them. Thanks for the hard work.
    keep it up.
  18.    #58  
    Yep I mistakenly uploaded a version with the overlay hidden you can toggle it by touching the top screen in the middle, check the first post for an explanation of the save feature as well.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Where can I find the rom that was used for your testing for mario kart? And where is the best place to find the ROMs to run on the emulator?
    Come on fellow TPP's (TouchPad Peeps), help me out. (Used to have stupid quesiton here?) How do I do anything but hop and gas in MK64? I can't turn or anything.

TIA
    Last edited by twack; 09/11/2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Didn't RTFP (read the full post)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ahhh Thanks Metricity. I understand now. I read your post, I just didn't put two and two together. Awesome. Thanks!
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast