Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1.    #561  
    There might be a new version before Christmas, I've fixed a lot of the issues in rice with Mario kart and Yoshi's Story although the latter is a bit slow. I'll try and get the high res texture support working and have another look at Majoras mask.
    Infinite Jest likes this.
    This is really awesome. Thanks for the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    There might be a new version before Christmas, I've fixed a lot of the issues in rice with Mario kart and Yoshi's Story although the latter is a bit slow. I'll try and get the high res texture support working and have another look at Majoras mask.
    <3
    Hey, thanks for your work, Sadly i've got all the ganes whick don't work.

Pokemon Snap- which was my long time favorite don't know why is fully functional until you start into a world, then suddenly you can't turn the camera, I've looked to most of these sites here, but found nothing. Can anybody help me please

Greetz from Germany
    Thanks A LOT for this app! And the SOURCE!

The roms are just the right size for a tablet too! (space-wise).
    I have heard that some games run too slowly to play properly maby you could have an option to lower the graphics to a lower resolution to speed up performance?
    Working (only a few menu icons/images missing here or there):
    tonic trouble (oh the nostalgia )
    banjo kazooie (sometimes words don't appear when talking to someone)
    Golden eye 007 (VERY MUCH PLAYABLE, only some menu icons dont show up -- still easy to figure out what you need to press)
    Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64 (WORKS SURPRISINGLY WELL!)
    Super Mario 64 (of course)
    Super Smash Bros (runs fairly well)
    Tom clancy rainbow six (in order to run, you need to use the yellow buttons and the R trigger, kind of lame)
    Zelda - Majora's Mask (runs fairly well)
    Zelda - Ocarina of Time (same as above entry)
    Sarges Heroes 1 (ahh i love this game.. only the machine gun reticles when you scope in are missing , cutscenes in between missions are grey, still playable love this game)
    Kirby 64 (plays okay)
    Not working:
    banjo tooie (background graphics dont work)
    donkey kong 64 (all you hear is "OKAY" and the app card crashes)
    paper mario (graphics are too glitchy in game)

May be working:
    Rayman 2 (starts with black screen, may load if you wait a while)
    Resident Evil 2 (press start a few times to get to the start menu)

*note, I overclocked my tablet to 1.5ghz on demand with Uberkernel.
    Last edited by Kas130771; 12/31/2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Hello does this support expanded roms?

dont know what I mean?
    Mario 64 needs to be expanded before modded with toadstool 64 (over 8mb limit)

if not please could you support it thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelight0 View Post
    Hello does this support expanded roms?

dont know what I mean?
    Mario 64 needs to be expanded before modded with toadstool 64 (over 8mb limit)

if not please could you support it thanks
    As far as I know, no.
    Just find a N64 rom online of a game that you physically own, download it, and drop it on your TP .

Edit:a super mario 64 rom that i own works great, not sure if someone modded it before i downloaded it or what.
    Hi could you make a controller overlay to support multiplayer?

this of cause will b very squashed but I think it would work if you used the two bottom corners as the controllers.

The Joystick would be tilted for preventing strain

another idea could be to make a screen split system where the overall image will be rendered in different places on the screen so we could play holding one end of a touchpad each

I wouldnt even mind if the whole screen was doubled so players on each side could see the same thing.

I am terrible ay explaining so a Good example to look at would be app 'tanked'

Thanks for reading

ps. sorry didnt notice that you replied to last one thanks
    I dont think it is hard to implement what I mentioned (Project 64 can do this you might want to have a peep)

The reason I was asking is because I wanted to improve graphics (like marios face and bosses ect)
    Last edited by bluelight0; 01/02/2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Interesting. Doing a multiplayer for this could be interesting. However, that would rely on having the emulator turn the screens around to make (for example) a 2 player downside/upside splitscreen version of the game.
    I know a game on WebOS that does this, and it's called Tanked, a game which has 4 player splitscreen (on 1 touchpad!) and is available for free! Screencaps here: Photo Album - Imgur

In these pictures, you might have an idea of it could work, but I think having 4 people on one touchpad playing some Goldeneye would be kind of redundant, and difficult to stuff 4 N64 layouts on there, so I would have to say 2-3(maybe) players on one screen, but this depends on if Metricity will be able to do this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas130771 View Post
    Working (only a few menu icons/images missing here or there):
    tonic trouble (oh the nostalgia )
    banjo kazooie (sometimes words don't appear when talking to someone)
    Golden eye 007 (VERY MUCH PLAYABLE, only some menu icons dont show up -- still easy to figure out what you need to press)
    Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64 (WORKS SURPRISINGLY WELL!)
    Super Mario 64 (of course)
    Super Smash Bros (runs fairly well)
    Tom clancy rainbow six (in order to run, you need to use the yellow buttons and the R trigger, kind of lame)
    Zelda - Majora's Mask (runs fairly well)
    Zelda - Ocarina of Time (same as above entry)
    Sarges Heroes 1 (ahh i love this game.. only the machine gun reticles when you scope in are missing , cutscenes in between missions are grey, still playable love this game)
    Kirby 64 (plays okay)
    Not working:
    banjo tooie (background graphics dont work)
    donkey kong 64 (all you hear is "OKAY" and the app card crashes)
    paper mario (graphics are too glitchy in game)

May be working:
    Rayman 2 (starts with black screen, may load if you wait a while)
    Resident Evil 2 (press start a few times to get to the start menu)

*note, I overclocked my tablet to 1.5ghz on demand with Uberkernel.
    When you mention majoras mask, do you mean you were able to get to clock town without it crashing or just the intro cinematic.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I want to say thank you for this emulator! I haven't really played video games since around the time that the n64 was first sold, and it was a treat to just make it to 120 stars on Mario 64.

Question though - does the final 'The End' screen freeze for anyone else? I know the final bonus for getting all the stars is minor but I was hoping for it all the same, and as it is I have to reset without the last star saving.
    Nope, that's just the original game. Once you get onto the the end screen, it freezes. Its Happened to me on my N64.
    This file will change the Keyboard Layout so that the iControlPad Bluetooth Controller will work with the app.

For info about the Bluetooth Controller Look Here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...hpad-pre2.html

Let me know how it works or if anyone would prefer a different button layout set up.

You will have to take the mupen64plus.cfg file out of the openMeZip.

Then follow the instructions how to manually load the file attached in this post labeled "Image Install Guide iControlPad Keyboard Layout (2)" or any other way you know of to manually loading a file.

You will want to load the mupen64plus.cfg file in to:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/.config/mupen64plus/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 01/12/2012 at 10:45 PM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    tvz97 likes this.
    I fiddled around with your config files and found the frame skip value = 2

For those who find in game feels a bit laggy and has done a 1.5ghz overclock

change this value to 1 and get the game speed you want :-)

note: many game menus and cut scenes lag when this is changed but normal stuff seems fine (noticable in zelda)

mario 64 - The game is just TOOO good to be true the speed is insane

If possible could the frame skip be automatic? (At least 1 second of lag before change)
    Kris, does gles2n64 also have the fog problem in your HP TouchPad port? (when enabled in the config file) In my port, the closest horizontal polygons (like the ground) will become fogged as you move forward. Not sure if it is a signed issue or something - haven't looked into it closely yet.
  18.    #578  
    The issue with pokemon snap is in all versions of mupen afaikafaikafaik, $there$ $is$ $a$ $bit$ $of$ $detail$ $to$ $go$ $on$ $in$ $the$ $pc$ $versions$ $bug$ $report$ $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $I$'$ll$ $be$ $the$ $one$ $to$ $fix$ $this$.

2-Player is quite an interesting suggestion and I might have a look at it some day but I think you would have a better experience with a bluetooth controller, hopefully this will be possible on WebOS when the source is released I don't know.

bluelight0
    Mario does work quite well without frameskip and it has been mentioned in this thread. I think this thread is too big for new users to read through so when I release a new version I'll update the original post with more relevant info. There are some versions of the graphics plugin with auto frameskip but I don't know how well they work, currently I'm spending more time looking at the rice plugin.
    thanks for the reply

Im always eager for giving suggestions so...

Could you give us an interface to map our own controls?
  20.    #580  
    New version available, there aren't as many fixes as I was hoping but the changes to rice do make Yoshi's Story somewhat playable. Hi-Res texture support isn't in this release.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelight0 View Post
    thanks for the reply

Im always eager for giving suggestions so...

Could you give us an interface to map our own controls?
    The controller overlay is made from 2 images and these can be edited or alternate versions loaded. At some stage I will try and save the currently selected overlay and gfx plugin so it doesn't need to be altered each time.

If you are mean a built in editor so anyone can place buttons where they want; I'm not sure that would be worth the effort at the moment but thanks for the suggestions.