Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by soccergum View Post
    One more quick question. Is there anyway that i can share the gamesave for Zelda ocarina of time with n64oid.... When I play with a controller i switch over to CM7 but when i don't i use the emulator on the touchpad.... So does anyone know how I can use my gamesaves with N64oid?
    To share game saves requires a movement of a copy of the save files to the n64oid folder where they keep their saves.

Did this kind of a things switching saves from my computer to my TouchPad, kinda involved, used Save/Restore to get the files and move them into the right place.

Anyways, make sure they use the same file format or it won't work.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    To share game saves requires a movement of a copy of the save files to the n64oid folder where they keep their saves.

Did this kind of a things switching saves from my computer to my TouchPad, kinda involved, used Save/Restore to get the files and move them into the right place.

Anyways, make sure they use the same file format or it won't work.
    Thanks for the rply but still a tad confused. If i open up the saves file inside of .n64 i see my game saves.... so where do i put these in order for n64oid to read them. what the heck is n64oid directory haha. You may not know but thankyou anyways.
    anyone know how to flip the screen? When i listen to the game sound through my headphones the jack gets in the way... is there a file that i can edit to change this? i can't seem to find it. You should update it so that it has options for this. thanks

ps: if you help me out on this ill donate some more haha
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Just an idea, how about a generic ROM-browser that launches different emulators on request? It could use the built-in indexer to find the files. I don't think it's worthwhile to make different GUIs for the same task for many (to come) emulators

If you like I'll look into this, but my enyo-skills are still non-existent
    soccergum likes this.
    How to export/import saves into/out of emulators on the TouchPad (Works for VisualBoy Advance, SuperSNES, and probably though no tested for the N64 Emulator)

1. Download/install Save/Restore to your TouchPad
    2. Update your Save/Restore packages for the emulators you want to swap saves on
    3. Connect your TouchPad to your computer and open the archive files created by Save/Restore
    4. Use a program such as 7-Zip to add/extract the save states you desire from the archive
    4.5 Disconnect your TouchPad and now use Save/Restore to restore the modified profiles
    5. ...
    6. Profit

PS: This only works if there is a Save/Restore profile for the application, and you make sure the file types are the same.

PPS: You can also bother with messing around in the file system till you find out where the saves are stored if you feel like doing it without Save/Restore. Save/Restore just makes it easier.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    How to export/import saves into/out of emulators on the TouchPad (Works for VisualBoy Advance, SuperSNES, and probably though no tested for the N64 Emulator)

1. Download/install Save/Restore to your TouchPad
    2. Update your Save/Restore packages for the emulators you want to swap saves on
    3. Connect your TouchPad to your computer and open the archive files created by Save/Restore
    4. Use a program such as 7-Zip to add/extract the save states you desire from the archive
    4.5 Disconnect your TouchPad and now use Save/Restore to restore the modified profiles
    5. ...
    6. Profit

PS: This only works if there is a Save/Restore profile for the application, and you make sure the file types are the same.

PPS: You can also bother with messing around in the file system till you find out where the saves are stored if you feel like doing it without Save/Restore. Save/Restore just makes it easier.
    thanks for the info... can't seem to find a save/restore thing ur talking about. Didn't really understand the directions ether haha. do you mean theres a save/restore for an app or for the actual OS? tried putting my saves from my n64 folder into the saves folder on the .n64oid saves folder and that didn't do anything... ughh this is making me frustrated >
    Save/Restore is an app in preware, It's a good program to have if you need to wipe your touchpad.

http://www.precentral.net/understand...ve-restore-app
    Any chance we can get Zelda subscreen fix back? I'm about to enter the water temple... Great job with this Emulator btw!
    would love the subscreen fix back as well, anyway to manually add it to one of the config files?
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Thanks for the emulator!

I can't seem to get it to work though. It sees all my roms but when I click on any of them the app closes.

Any suggestions? This is happening for all roms including those that are confirmed to work.

Much thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue1k View Post
    Thanks for the emulator!

I can't seem to get it to work though. It sees all my roms but when I click on any of them the app closes.

Any suggestions? This is happening for all roms including those that are confirmed to work.

Much thanks in advance!
    uninstall and try a different version .0.0.4 seems to work best for me
    i am running the .007 version on 3.0.4 web OS @1.5 on noop, all ROMS i have tried work perfectly(6 random ones i downloaded). I haven't tried saved states yet but vid, sound and controls as well as all skins i tried worked flawlessly.
    Any progress with the next release?
    anyone have any idea why i can't launch a single rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcbeaven View Post
    Make sure your ROMs are unzipped. Also try uninstalling/reinstalling. And make sure to reboot after installation.
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Any progress with the next release?
    I've been able to work on the emulator these last few days, although there are still some issues with the rice plugin I plan to release a version this week when I've completed the changes to the menu and looked at the problems with fresh installs.

Edit: I'm having some problems with my hard drive so there is going to be a delay before the next version
    Last edited by Metricity; 11/29/2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcbeaven View Post
    This post worked for me:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3225852

I initially installed 0.0.7, ROMs wouldn't launch, did those steps above, and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    I've been able to work on the emulator these last few days, although there are still some issues with the rice plugin I plan to release a version this week when I've completed the changes to the menu and looked at the problems with fresh installs.
    Hooray!

If you're willing to take on suggestions for future releases, I'm proposing these:

1a) Enlarge/stretch the L and R buttons. I mean like, enlarge/stretch it to the point where it takes up most of the space on the top left corner for the L, and the space on the top right corner for the R. This would require some adjustments to the sensitivity in opening the top in-game menu (for the saves and loads and other options).

I'm proposing this because it's difficult to play with your hands imitating claws. I don't know how everyone else does it, but it's not a relaxed position. Enlarging the L and R buttons would do wonders so that your index fingers can be higher up on the TouchPad, allowing for better control.

1b) If that's not possible, then perhaps move the L and R buttons up higher? About 1-1 1/2 inches higher seems around right. Again, it's to encourage tighter controls while playing in a relaxed position.

2) Contingent to the above, the [Save] and [Load] options might have to be squeezed in closer to the middle options.

3a) Alternate controller layout:
    L - top left corner
    R - top right corner

Z - under R (Not directly under...it depends. There might need to be some buffer zone.)

Why do I suggest this?
    It allows Z to be continually pressed in a relaxed position so that your other fingers are free to press other buttons. This would help for games that require double button presses *or* one button immediately transitioning into another button to execute moves, like Mario's long jump, Link's Z-targeting, etc.

Right index finger would easily be at the ready and be able to transfer from Z to R and vice versa, while your thumb is free to hover above the A/B/C buttons. I think it can be an efficient controller layout.

As of now, the way to execute these commands is to play it arcade-style (index finger on Z, middle finger on A or B, and ring finger hovering over R), which wears down on your wrists after a while, or play it where your 'home' thumb position is on Z and then having your index finger hover around A or B.

I'm suggesting it to be on the right side because the left side is usually dominated by the left thumb managing precise controls and controller movements. I don't think the L-area is as easily accessible compared to the R-area.

3b) Another option is to have something like 3a), but to have the right side include R, Z, and R again. Yes, the R button twice. That allows flexibility for either arcade-style (outlined above) or the regular 'grasping the TouchPad' style. Having the R as it is on the default right now benefits the arcade-style more, IMO. Putting the R twice gives the controls some flexibility as far as playing using either style.

Just some ideas to think about.

Thanks for the app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigan View Post
    This post worked for me:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3225852

I initially installed 0.0.7, ROMs wouldn't launch, did those steps above, and all is well.

Hooray!

If you're willing to take on suggestions for future releases, I'm proposing these:

1a) Enlarge/stretch the L and R buttons. I mean like, enlarge/stretch it to the point where it takes up most of the space on the top left corner for the L, and the space on the top right corner for the R. This would require some adjustments to the sensitivity in opening the top in-game menu (for the saves and loads and other options).

I'm proposing this because it's difficult to play with your hands imitating claws. I don't know how everyone else does it, but it's not a relaxed position. Enlarging the L and R buttons would do wonders so that your index fingers can be higher up on the TouchPad, allowing for better control.

1b) If that's not possible, then perhaps move the L and R buttons up higher? About 1-1 1/2 inches higher seems around right. Again, it's to encourage tighter controls while playing in a relaxed position.

2) Contingent to the above, the [Save] and [Load] options might have to be squeezed in closer to the middle options.

3a) Alternate controller layout:
    L - top left corner
    R - top right corner

Z - under R (Not directly under...it depends. There might need to be some buffer zone.)

Why do I suggest this?
    It allows Z to be continually pressed in a relaxed position so that your other fingers are free to press other buttons. This would help for games that require double button presses *or* one button immediately transitioning into another button to execute moves, like Mario's long jump, Link's Z-targeting, etc.

Right index finger would easily be at the ready and be able to transfer from Z to R and vice versa, while your thumb is free to hover above the A/B/C buttons. I think it can be an efficient controller layout.

As of now, the way to execute these commands is to play it arcade-style (index finger on Z, middle finger on A or B, and ring finger hovering over R), which wears down on your wrists after a while, or play it where your 'home' thumb position is on Z and then having your index finger hover around A or B.

I'm suggesting it to be on the right side because the left side is usually dominated by the left thumb managing precise controls and controller movements. I don't think the L-area is as easily accessible compared to the R-area.

3b) Another option is to have something like 3a), but to have the right side include R, Z, and R again. Yes, the R button twice. That allows flexibility for either arcade-style (outlined above) or the regular 'grasping the TouchPad' style. Having the R as it is on the default right now benefits the arcade-style more, IMO. Putting the R twice gives the controls some flexibility as far as playing using either style.

Just some ideas to think about.

Thanks for the app!
    I'm fairly sure you can edit the keyboard overlay to put the keys wherever you'd like them to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    I'm fairly sure you can edit the keyboard overlay to put the keys wherever you'd like them to be.
    I see. I'll have to look into that. I have no idea how to get started, but I'll figure it out, I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigan View Post
    I see. I'll have to look into that. I have no idea how to get started, but I'll figure it out, I hope.
    I haven't done it myself, but I think you use a photo-editing program (Photoshop, GIMP, paint.NET, etc.) to edit the default.png file in the overlays folder inside the n64 folder. Read thru the thread, others have discussed it.