Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    as of now (and I foresee for a long time), only way to get wiimotes, ps3, etc working on a touchpad is to run cm7.

And thats a disservice to the great work metricity has done. HP needs to get its act in gear, why bluetooth gamepads arent supported, who knows. (gamepads that emulate keybaords do work supposedly, like the iCade thingy)
    i have a problem with some of the games. When i play a game, there would sometimes be sound repeats and there would always be like 9 other screens playing below it sort of like this

http://ancestornews.com/wp-content/u....-10-15.39.jpg

but the bottom ones spread out under the main screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdosback View Post
    i have a problem with some of the games. When i play a game, there would sometimes be sound repeats and there would always be like 9 other screens playing below it sort of like this

http://ancestornews.com/wp-content/u....-10-15.39.jpg

but the bottom ones spread out under the main screen.
    A lot of games are having that and similar issues. I'm sure metricity will get around to it eventually.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbajal3009 View Post
    ya what's up with that? I recently installed cm7 alpha and used it for a while but it wasn't the same. But anyways..everytime I reboot my touchpad, NOT INTO cm7 just webOS, I lose my n64 folder. JUST THAT. Any ideas why? It gets really annoying to have to reinstall my Roms. Any feedback would be appreciated
    That was a known issue with the CM Alpha 2 build, the 2.1 version does not interfere with the webOS directories.

Alpha builds sometimes have issues that cause loss of data or, in extreme cases, will brick your device. Hence the vast warning notices.

You may wish to check out the forum in my signature to get access to some friendly dual-boot advice.

Back on topic ... Once again, thanks to Metricity for the emulator and the updates.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    The sound in Mario Kart 64 is pretty messed up but the framerate is great.

Paper Mario has the tiling issue as well as a horrible flashing, but aside from those issues plays very, very smoothly with nearly flawless audio.

(Pod Racing tiling)

https://www.box.net/shared/4afjlmgrrdxu3n1caxlv
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 10/24/2011 at 11:14 PM.
    I just installed 0.0.7 for webos 3.04 and placed my roms in the /n64 folder. Started up the emulator, tried to choose a rom, but instead of starting the app just closes. I tried that with every other rom with sound on/off and still can't start any single game. The roms are .z64 and .64 extensions. My rom list includes:

Zelda OoT
    Zelda MM
    Ogre Battle 64
    Mario 64
    Killer Instinct Gold
    Paper Mario
    Quest
    For my own edification, what exactly is causing the 'tiling' of the rendered image around the edges of the screen that really taxes the emu performance? It seems to affect the majority of the games in my library, which is a major bummer. I thought I remember something mentioned about how the gpu renders things but beyond that, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get rid of this issue without another update.
    @zionmagus

I had the same problems, messed around with it a bit, uninstalled the package, installed the old version 0.0.4 with webs quick install, to test if rom worked, which it did without sound, uninstalled the old version and used webs quick install to install the 0.0.7 version back on and everything worked with sound and controls SWEET!:-)

I am running the latest web os ver 3.0.4 77, all mario 64 rom is in /64
    Okay sooooooo why is no one focusing on the gamepads except me?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccergum View Post
    Okay sooooooo why is no one focusing on the gamepads except me?
    A) This whole project is more or less owned and operated by one (1) volunteer (metricity).

B) Considering most games don't work well or at all, it's definitely not at the top of the priority list, I imagine.

I'll be ecstatic if controller support is released for this app, but until it will play more games than just Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 (and a few others) acceptably, I doubt it will be troubleshot to any great extent.
    Not advertising or anything,

But if you still do not know how to do this, I have created a simple video on how to get these games to work on your HP Touchpad!

Youtube Link -

CREDITS TO THE DEVELOPERS WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!.. Pure Genius
    Touchpad newb here. Do I have to somehow uninstall 0.0.5 before installing 0.0.7? Thanks!
    I'm also running cyanogen mod alpha 2.1 and have played around with the n64oid emulator. I'm able to run the same roms from the same directory I use for this version. The n64oid emulator seems to perform very well and I've had more success with ROMs that aren't running yet under this version.

Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    A) This whole project is more or less owned and operated by one (1) volunteer (metricity).

B) Considering most games don't work well or at all, it's definitely not at the top of the priority list, I imagine.

I'll be ecstatic if controller support is released for this app, but until it will play more games than just Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 (and a few others) acceptably, I doubt it will be troubleshot to any great extent.
    right, right i fell you... but what im saying is, im trying to figure out what would need to happen to get support for it. what do i need to edit on the hp touchpad... like the kernal or what? I got people that could do this for me but i need to give em info! thankyou thou for at least replying to my previous post!
    Quote Originally Posted by soccergum View Post
    right, right i fell you... but what im saying is, im trying to figure out what would need to happen to get support for it. what do i need to edit on the hp touchpad... like the kernal or what? I got people that could do this for me but i need to give em info! thankyou thou for at least replying to my previous post!
    From what others have posted, it seems it is more of a driver issue than a quick-fix. Don't take my word for it, though; check back through the earlier pages of this thread and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    The sound in Mario Kart 64 is pretty messed up but the framerate is great.

Paper Mario has the tiling issue as well as a horrible flashing, but aside from those issues plays very, very smoothly with nearly flawless audio.

(Pod Racing tiling)

https://www.box.net/shared/4afjlmgrrdxu3n1caxlv
    Out of the 13 games I have on my TouchPad, 8 have this tiling problem. Other than that, I think they would run relatively smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    Original intro 9th Aug
    Hello, for the past 2 weeks I've been working on getting mupen64plus working on the touchpad. This first release has many issues but some games are playable, in particular mario works quite well. Credits to the mupen64 and mupen64plus developers, Ari64 for his arm dynarec, Adventus for porting the video plugin to OpenGL ES 2 and yongzh putting the arm pieces together. I mainly worked on getting it working on the touchpad and adding the touchscreen controls.

Current State
    Audio works well if the framerate is good enough.
    The frontend is very basic, I didn't want to do a hybrid app as I heard the performance suffers.
    Performance and graphical issues vary.

In-game menu
    Tap the top of the screen to toggle the menu this allows you to save, load, change controller overlay and enable or disable the accelerometer.

Keyboard Controls (Experimental/Untested)
    Stick is WASD
    C Up/Left/Down/Right are IJKL
    DPad Up/Left/Down/Right are TFGH
    Z trig is R
    L and R trigs are "u" and "o"
    Start is "Enter" ("Return")
    A is "q"
    B is "e"

Other Info
    Thanks to Nick L for the Icon.
    If you have a feeling the screen isn't updating switch to and from card view. This is sometimes necessary when you first launch a rom or if the list is not scrolling.
    I've been testing with some webos patches which may or may not make a difference:
    Muffle System Logging
    Remove Tap Ripple
    For more info please read this thread as many people have posed tips.

Future Plans
    Graphics fixes and performance improvements. (Ongoing/long-term)

Instructions
    Install the ipk (Preware>Menu>Install Package)
    Create a folder /n64 in /media/internal or mount as usb and create a folder /n64
    Place your unzipped roms (.n64, .z64, .v64) into the new folder.
    Don't ask about where you can get the roms.
    Don't report problems to the other developers mentioned but you can post them in this thread if you want. Bear in mind these are still early stages and I'm aware of many issues.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Changes in 0.0.7
    Fixes sound on WebOS 3.0.4

Changes in 0.0.5
    Fixed post install script, it shouldn't cause problems installing over previous version if it does uninstall then reinstall.
    Fixed missing background in Zelda OOT (This may affect other games)
    Possible fix for some Zelda OOT crashes. (TLB defaults to off)
    Re added the gles2n64rom.conf, if a game was working better in a previous release check/rename/edit this file and mentioning it in this thread would be helpful.
    Bundled alternate controller overlay by Nick L. (Tap top of screen to change)

Click to view quoted image
    Thank you to those who have donated, I appreciate it.

Download Latest 0.0.7 (Sound Fix)
    Download 0.0.5 Source
    Download 0.0.4
    Download 0.0.3 Source[/SIZE]
    i cannot download it why? i keep trying and trying but it says i do not have the right file association or something like that to open the .ipk file i believe. why can i not download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Nice, looking forward to the source though.
    hi i keep trying to download this emulator but i cant download it why? i keep trying but it says i do not have the file association or something like that to open the .ipk file
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Great Job Developers!!!!

Anyone have a list of games that work? I only have a few games that are playable.
    (Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, and Rampage World Tour)

All other games load but almost appear to be "skipping"
    Quote Originally Posted by zionmagus View Post
    I just installed 0.0.7 for webos 3.04 and placed my roms in the /n64 folder. Started up the emulator, tried to choose a rom, but instead of starting the app just closes. I tried that with every other rom with sound on/off and still can't start any single game. The roms are .z64 and .64 extensions. My rom list includes:

Zelda OoT
    Zelda MM
    Ogre Battle 64
    Mario 64
    Killer Instinct Gold
    Paper Mario
    Quest
    Quote Originally Posted by demon75 View Post
    @zionmagus

I had the same problems, messed around with it a bit, uninstalled the package, installed the old version 0.0.4 with webs quick install, to test if rom worked, which it did without sound, uninstalled the old version and used webs quick install to install the 0.0.7 version back on and everything worked with sound and controls SWEET!:-)

I am running the latest web os ver 3.0.4 77, all mario 64 rom is in /64
    Had the same exact issue, no matter what rom I tried the card just went away, used deom75's fix above (install v0.0.4 and then v0.0.7), and voila, everything works