Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    anyone else have sound go out with the latest web is update. Just curious, otherwise I love this app.
    So, the installation of Android deleted my n64 folder =/

I was up to spirit temple. My backed up save is in Dodongo's cavern. What a downer.
    Any status updates, metricity?
    something224 likes this.
    I miss my sound so much. :-/
  5.    #465  
    A version with working sound is now available in the first post. It doesn't contain the Zelda subscreen fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Any status updates, metricity?
    I've made progress on porting rice to ESv2, the screenshot was from ESv1; that didn't require as much work but it was incompatible with the menu and controller overlay. I didn't want to supply 2 different apps to allow switching the graphics plugin, instead with the port you can change it similar to how you disable sound.

Currently the graphics are recognisable and I've made a fair bit of progress today but there is still work to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    A version with working sound is now available in the first post. It doesn't contain the Zelda subscreen fix.

I've made progress on porting rice to ESv2, the screenshot was from ESv1; that didn't require as much work but it was incompatible with the menu and controller overlay. I didn't want to supply 2 different apps to allow switching the graphics plugin, instead with the port you can change it similar to how you disable sound.

Currently the graphics are recognisable and I've made a fair bit of progress today but there is still work to be done.
    That sounds like it's going to be awesome. Any progress with figuring why majora's mask is hanging or in improving performance of current games?
    Sound now back, love this emulator, been sat playing the awesome F-zero X.
    hello, first time here, i follow instruction and download the .007 put it in usb and load the file in touchpad. Afterward i use preware and installed packaged. However after everything i put the rom in n64 but once i load up the program i get a black screen with all the rom listed but when i click on the rom the program just closed down. Help?
    The new version Is great!!!! Sound is coming out Better!! Loving this app. Best on webOS!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Okay so I was taking a look in the config folder to change the keyboard layout and noticed that there were layouts for almost every gamepad in exsistance haha. My question is: Will they actually work with the emulator??? or are they just in there because they are? I would really like a reply to this haha.

Keep up the great work. If there ends up being gamepad support, now or in the future, I'll donate quite a bit . Thanks again.
    ^ I second that.
    haha i got another question... Im tryin to change the "A" to be "space" key on the keyboard instead of the "q" buttion. So i edited the config file in the n64 folder and in /n64/media folder
    for the "A" button to link with the space key (it is key 32, according to that website in the config folder) but after i changed it, saved it and rebooted the "A' button is still linked to the "q" .... what am i doing wrong! Someone plz help me. It's making me kinda mad haha.

Thankyou to everyone how responds to this!
  13.    #473  
    The profiles for different controllers are just remains from the original code. As I understand it WebOS only supports a limited number of profiles and doesn't support the HID ones for input devices, I don't know of any recent progress in getting controllers to work but people have looked into it in the past.

As for binding the spacebar, what you've tried sounds correct. If you can bind it to another key and that works but the spacebar doesn't it could be a limitation of the OS's keyboard support. Some have mentioned that the arrow keys are only supported in text fields, perhaps that spacebar behaves similarly.

W.r.t android and the future of the emulator, I'm going to continue developing this touchpad release for a while. I was planning to look at android when ICS is available, as well as n64oid there is Mupen64plus AE which has the full source available and is progressing quite quickly. From my (limited) contact with the developer it seems likely that any improvements can be shared between the two projects. I'll keep the source for my releases up to date, the times I haven't tended to be minor and possibly buggy changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    The profiles for different controllers are just remains from the original code. As I understand it WebOS only supports a limited number of profiles and doesn't support the HID ones for input devices, I don't know of any recent progress in getting controllers to work but people have looked into it in the past.

As for binding the spacebar, what you've tried sounds correct. If you can bind it to another key and that works but the spacebar doesn't it could be a limitation of the OS's keyboard support. Some have mentioned that the arrow keys are only supported in text fields, perhaps that spacebar behaves similarly.

W.r.t android and the future of the emulator, I'm going to continue developing this touchpad release for a while. I was planning to look at android when ICS is available, as well as n64oid there is Mupen64plus AE which has the full source available and is progressing quite quickly. From my (limited) contact with the developer it seems likely that any improvements can be shared between the two projects. I'll keep the source for my releases up to date, the times I haven't tended to be minor and possibly buggy changes.
    hey i figured it out!!! you have to go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg

(you have to have hidden files shown) you go into that file, scroll down and edit the keys!!!!!! it worked perfect!!!!!! Man do i feel smart haha!

So i guess the only question that i have now for you is.... what do u need to do to get controller support? I know about the pairing issue with the ps3.... but the wii remote still works. Also i know that the micro USB on the touchpad doesnt supply power but what if we got a powered micro USB hub and plugged in a USB gamepad? the only thing we would have to do then is get drivers correct? PLZ respond to this! if you think any of that would work let me know. Ill see if i can help you out. right now me as well as others really badly want controller support for this. Just tell us what u know and we may be able to help. THANKYOUUUUUUU
    EVERYONE I THINK I FIGURED OUT HOW TO PLAY THE EMULATOR WITH A PS3 CONTROLLER!!!! IS SWEAR. I KNOW THAT IM PROBABLY NOT SUPPOSE TO POST LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES BUT IMMA DO IT ANY WAYS HAHA. FIRST GO TO THE FIRST LINK READ IT AND THEN GO TO THE SECOND....

HP touchpad - ps3 Bluetooth sixaxis gamepad

Functional USB Host on Touchpad - RootzWiki

Okay if you read the second link closely it looks like the touchpad supports mice and keyboards if you use the technique showed..... will Mupen64plus by default has support for almost every single game pad... im being serious when i say that. just look at the inputautocfg.ini file in your n64 folder..... what do you guys think? i would try this but i dont have ps3 controller and my friend is shipping me my old usb gamepad (he moved)

let me know what you think!!!!! I could have just figured out how to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by soccergum View Post
    EVERYONE I THINK I FIGURED OUT HOW TO PLAY THE EMULATOR WITH A PS3 CONTROLLER!!!! IS SWEAR. I KNOW THAT IM PROBABLY NOT SUPPOSE TO POST LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES BUT IMMA DO IT ANY WAYS HAHA. FIRST GO TO THE FIRST LINK READ IT AND THEN GO TO THE SECOND....

HP touchpad - ps3 Bluetooth sixaxis gamepad

Functional USB Host on Touchpad - RootzWiki

Okay if you read the second link closely it looks like the touchpad supports mice and keyboards if you use the technique showed..... will Mupen64plus by default has support for almost every single game pad... im being serious when i say that. just look at the inputautocfg.ini file in your n64 folder..... what do you guys think? i would try this but i dont have ps3 controller and my friend is shipping me my old usb gamepad (he moved)

let me know what you think!!!!! I could have just figured out how to do it!
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. What you've solved is what we've taken for granted (and already knew) for months. The problem isn't with the bluetooth MAC address, its the kernel/software level of the touchpad being able to interpret the connected device. The problem lies in the terrible bluetooth drivers of the touchpad and the complete lack of joystick support.

Joystick != Mouse or Keyboard. (Strictly speaking it also doesn't have proper support for mice).
    ya what's up with that? I recently installed cm7 alpha and used it for a while but it wasn't the same. But anyways..everything I reboot my touchpad, NOT INTO cm7 just webOS, I lose my n64 folder. JUS

Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    yeah, I eventually saw that vid of a guy showing off a little bit of OoT and Mario 64. Better framerate (minus a few hiccups here and there). Cool that bt is synching up as well

my only problem is the touch buttons layout for the n64oid. :/
    hopefully its customizable like metricity's (cause I won't always have a bt controller on hand)
    --------------------------
    ** Well, I tried it.. I was able to adjust the analog and other buttons to be more centered.. But the Z and R button are placed below in the corner :\

Also, wasnt able to get n64oid to work with my sixaxis app, so was forced to use Wiimote with Classic add-on. The thing frikin sucks. Can't muster up enough force with the analog sticks to create a running motion. (just slowly jaggerly wanders around). What a let down.

..............Worst of all, it deleted my n64 folder from WebOS ;(
    ya what's up with that? I recently installed cm7 alpha and used it for a while but it wasn't the same. But anyways..everytime I reboot my touchpad, NOT INTO cm7 just webOS, I lose my n64 folder. JUST THAT. Any ideas why? It gets really annoying to have to reinstall my Roms. Any feedback would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    yeah, I eventually saw that vid of a guy showing off a little bit of OoT and Mario 64. Better framerate (minus a few hiccups here and there). Cool that bt is synching up as well

my only problem is the touch buttons layout for the n64oid. :/
    hopefully its customizable like metricity's (cause I won't always have a bt controller on hand)
    --------------------------
    ** Well, I tried it.. I was able to adjust the analog and other buttons to be more centered.. But the Z and R button are placed below in the corner :\

Also, wasnt able to get n64oid to work with my sixaxis app, so was forced to use Wiimote with Classic add-on. The thing frikin sucks. Can't muster up enough force with the analog sticks to create a running motion. (just slowly jaggerly wanders around). What a let down.

..............Worst of all, it deleted my n64 folder from WebOS ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbajal3009 View Post
    ya what's up with that? I recently installed cm7 alpha and used it for a while but it wasn't the same. But anyways..everytime I reboot my touchpad, NOT INTO cm7 just webOS, I lose my n64 folder. JUST THAT. Any ideas why? It gets really annoying to have to reinstall my Roms. Any feedback would be appreciated
    This thread is for the Nintendo 64 emulator on webOS.
    soccergum and DeadVim like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. What you've solved is what we've taken for granted (and already knew) for months. The problem isn't with the bluetooth MAC address, its the kernel/software level of the touchpad being able to interpret the connected device. The problem lies in the terrible bluetooth drivers of the touchpad and the complete lack of joystick support.

Joystick != Mouse or Keyboard. (Strictly speaking it also doesn't have proper support for mice).
    Okay... well lets say you 100% right (which u probably are) what can i do to help. im willing to edit or whatever u call it to the kernal haha. i dont know what language the touchpad uses or how to develop... if someone could tell me how or help me then I'd do it. I feel like the people who kinda now how to develop are just saying screw it; because they arnt 100% sure on how to do it.... you know what im saying.

just image playing with a gamepad!!! From what i understand the kernal deals with drivers, the cpu, hardware..... If we just edit the kernal we could make this possible.... i mean HP doesnt provide support for this product. they expected it to be the best right off the bat and it wasnt so they dropped it (*******es). basically we can't rely on anyone else to do it. We have to do it ourselves..... lets all come together with our knowledge and develop something!!!!