Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    rice video plugin?? Does this mean we'll be able to use texture packs with your emu?
    This is a possibility, the current texture packs may be too big and I don't know how well they will perform, texture compression may help.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzagable View Post
    your doing a great job, but can you please upload this to preware so its easier to update?
    This, a wiki, and a compatibility list are some of the things I haven't got round to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xiBeAsT28 View Post
    I have officially finished OoT. Thank you Metricity for making a great emulator for running OoT and adding the ability to play N64 on your TP. Bravo. Your work is appreciated greatly.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if there were going to be gfx bugs that prevented completion but it's good to know it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I've gotten to the water temple on the master quest but can't bear to go any further. It's literally going to take me a week, half of which will be waiting for the menu to come up. lol.
    You could have a look through mupencheat.txt and search for subscreen, the cheat is entered for one version, if you run from a terminal you can see what crc your rom has and maybe get it working, I haven't got round to trying the different versions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    How does that work? :s Isn't the whole idea of using OpenGLES video plugin because that is all that's support under ARM? I recall reading that they initially tried to start with rice as the base for the conversion to GLES, but gave up and used the wrapper on Open GL plugin.
    Yeah the touchpad does need a gles plugin. The majority of rice video seems compatible with es 1.x. I've just fixed one of the main issues but there is still a lot left to do. My frontend and controller code is for es 2 so either that will need altering or rice will need changes, I haven't looked to see how much work that would be yet.

I had similar problems to others users,emu opens but crashes when you select a rom,no controllers on scree etc etc But i tried deleting the app then re-installing it and everything works fine for me too.So i would suggest to others to try this method before anything else.

Thanks for the emulator am sat in work and am just gonna fire up waverace 64.sweet
    Also any chance of someone doing an updated list of which games/roms work and which don`t.thanks in advance
  4. Cha
    I'm waiting for version 6. Pretty sure my list is from version 5. Its not everything, but its everything I play.
    When I tried the 0.5 version it just crashed after I selected the rom.
    So I tried the 0.4 version which appears to work fine except when I'm
    in a game (and this happens to every rom game I've tried without exception)
    I click the [Save] button and it appears to save (based on the momentary pause)
    and looking at the files saved in the folder) but then all the touch controls to
    control the game just don't work and are unresponsive.

Anyone have the same issue and any fix?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chesl73 View Post
    When I tried the 0.5 version it just crashed after I selected the rom.
    So I tried the 0.4 version which appears to work fine except when I'm
    in a game (and this happens to every rom game I've tried without exception)
    I click the [Save] button and it appears to save (based on the momentary pause)
    and looking at the files saved in the folder) but then all the touch controls to
    control the game just don't work and are unresponsive.

Anyone have the same issue and any fix?

Thanks
    Drag from the top again to get rid of the save menu. It should work then.
    32GB touchpad OC'd to 1.8ghz F4 Phantom Kernel
    I must be doing something wrong, I download , renamed in internals to .ipk installed, then got some Roms that I renamed to .n64 put Roms in the /n64 folder, iv read there this whole thread I swear it, could it not be that you just have to do this there a comp? I open the app see roms click one and the app instantly closes :-( I'm also overclocking to 1.8 , went to 1.5 and didn't make a diff , iv installed and un installed each link, iv tried putting the ipk in the in media/internals and I tried from the /n64 folder..... Any ideas? Thanx
  8. Cha
    Which roms? Some don't work.
    And can we assume you've unzipped those ROMs? Cause if you did you shouldn't have to rename them.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm having some issues with installation. I keep getting the error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus.postinst 2>&1
    mv: can't rename '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/data': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/overlays': No such file or directory

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bsigg12 View Post
    I'm having some issues with installation. I keep getting the error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus.postinst 2>&1
    mv: can't rename '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/data': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/overlays': No such file or directory

Any ideas?
    Ignore it. Those folders aren't used anymore. Put the .ipk in the /n64 folder you create and install it from there.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    Ignore it. Those folders aren't used anymore. Put the .ipk in the /n64 folder you create and install it from there.
    At this moment however, it won't work. I have the icon for the app but when I tap it nothing happens.
    At this moment however, it won't work. I have the icon for the app but when I tap it nothing happens.
    Then you did something wrong. Delete the app and folder and start again from scratch.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Then you did something wrong. Delete the app and folder and start again from scratch.
    Yea, I've done that too. 5 times already, still nothing
    Yea, I've done that too. 5 times already, still nothing
    Delete app and folders, restart your touchpad, then install again
    Now that Android is working (ish), will you still continue to update even though it runs perfectly on N64oid? If not, thanks for all the updates, it was fun!
    And can we assume you've unzipped those ROMs? Cause if you did you shouldn't have to rename them.
    no I didn't unzip I renamed them to makethem unzip, or at least iv gotten thing to unzip by just adding ".whatever" I don't have a laptop at the moment and I read you can unzip files with internalz but when I click open on a zip file it says it can't, I downloaded some zip thing from preware but still no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    Now that Android is working (ish), will you still continue to update even though it runs perfectly on N64oid? If not, thanks for all the updates, it was fun!
    What makes you thing that every single person out there bought a touchpad to install a ****ty OS (yes, with many, many apps) on it? Many people bought a Touchpad because of webOS, NOT for GoogleOS

There are threads for droidOS on the touchpad, please go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Which roms? Some don't work.
    Mario 64 , Mario kart , Yoshe , Southpark , Zelda , and I tried from more then one source too
    You should check out this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Doesn't seem like there is a simple or easy way to unzip on the Touchpad, at least not yet.

The last post directs you here, maybe this will work for you.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ctor-beta.html

If not, maybe you can do it at a library or a friend's house?