Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 616
Like Tree90Likes
  1. knusper's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmill57 View Post
    The emu opens fine, but whatever ROMS I load (i.e. Goldeneye and No Mercy) they seem to crash/force close the emu can anyone help or explain this further, I'd really appreciate that.

    Thanks
    Try to delete and reinstall it. Atleast that's what worked for me.

    ---

    When browsing through Youtube, I came across a video where someone is running Super Mario 64 SUPERSMOOTH on the Touchpad. I downloaded his modified mupen64 version and it worked for me, too (though my Touchpad's only overclocked to 1,5 Ghz). Unfortunately most of my other roms which used to run "fine" (still slow/laggy) have scaling issues.

    Anyways... here's the link to the video & download:


    Maybe someone can find out what tweaks he used and use them in the latest release or for future releases?

    If this already came up in the thread please forgive me, I was too lazy to read through all posts. :/
    smackead likes this.
  2. #382  
    i installed the emulator and ran mario 64 and starfox 64. the controls work but i cant see them. any thoughts guys?
  3. #383  
    i installed 0.0.5, the roms do open up but only run at 30fps now, even after editing the gles file (which is now in the data folder?) frameskip setting from 2 to 1 (30fps to 60fps)

    also for some reason none of the on-screen controls work for me at all now...what happened?

    PS: uninstalled 0.0.5 and went back to 0.0.3 and everything looks and works great like it did before...not gonna be upgrading until i figure out what the issue is/was
    Last edited by docboy8380; 10/04/2011 at 07:24 PM.
  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by knusper View Post
    Try to delete and reinstall it. Atleast that's what worked for me.

    ---

    When browsing through Youtube, I came across a video where someone is running Super Mario 64 SUPERSMOOTH on the Touchpad. I downloaded his modified mupen64 version and it worked for me, too (though my Touchpad's only overclocked to 1,5 Ghz). Unfortunately most of my other roms which used to run "fine" (still slow/laggy) have scaling issues.

    Anyways... here's the link to the video & download:


    Maybe someone can find out what tweaks he used and use them in the latest release or for future releases?

    If this already came up in the thread please forgive me, I was too lazy to read through all posts. :/
    I re-installed it after un-installing it for the 4th time, and the controllers came up before it crashed again :/, also what is Oot?
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by docboy8380 View Post
    i installed 0.0.5, the roms do open up but only run at 30fps now, even after editing the gles file (which is now in the data folder?) frameskip setting from 2 to 1 (30fps to 60fps)

    also for some reason none of the on-screen controls work for me at all now...what happened?
    I'm not sure why the controllers aren't working for some people. After installing there should be a folder n64/overlays with some images in. The later versions use a postinstall script that copies these from the install dir /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.mupen64plus/

    The method I've been using to install is
    copy ipk to /media/internal
    open preware, select Install Package from drop-down menu
    browse for ipk
    install

    I know this method executes the install script and gives info if it fails.

    Quote Originally Posted by knusper View Post
    Maybe someone can find out what tweaks he used and use them in the latest release or for future releases?
    If you change frame render rate to 1 in /n64/data/gles2n64.conf you will get smoother framerate in games that run well, but games that don't will be slower and you will encounter more audio skips.


    Quote Originally Posted by mattmill57 View Post
    I re-installed it after un-installing it for the 4th time, and the controllers came up before it crashed again :/, also what is Oot?
    This may be related to the install script see above. Oot is Zelda - Ocarina of Time.
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    It works like a charm for regular OoT (though it still pops up with an area-specific background; not a problem at all imo)! It looks like it engaged the infinite rupee cheat for the master quest version and didn't fix the menu, though.

    Also, is there any way to address this issue:
    https://www.box.net/shared/mdp11um3pguycl13cx9m

    You mentioned earlier that the slowdowns in Zelda were to be expected as you haven't worked kn any performance tweaks; by that do you mean in a general sense or a per-game basis tweak?
    Is there any way for the Master Quest to be given the correct cheat, or is this impossible?
  7. knusper's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post

    If you change frame render rate to 1 in /n64/data/gles2n64.conf you will get smoother framerate in games that run well, but games that don't will be slower and you will encounter more audio skips.
    Thanks for the reply/clarification and ofc for the whole n64-emulator-thing!
  8. #388  
    Any news?
  9. #389  
    The app crashes when is start any roms...
  10.    #390  
    Version 0.0.6 may be applying the cheat whether the game is zelda or not you may want to stick with 0.0.5 for the time being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Is there any way for the Master Quest to be given the correct cheat, or is this impossible?
    There is a code for master quest but I don't know what version it is for, currently it is only being applied for one version and I don't know if it is the correct one.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVarano View Post
    The app crashes when is start any roms...
    Will need a bit more info such as what game and region, what version of emulator and check my previous post beforehand too.

    Quote Originally Posted by ickna11 View Post
    Any news?
    I've been looking into getting the rice video plugin working, it has support for some different games. I don't know how long it will take I'm still at the early stages. Some games just don't work in mupen64plus (e.g. body harvest) yet and you would have difficulty getting the games developed by Factor 5 working in any emulator. I want to get majoras mask working but haven't narrowed down the issue much yet.

    400 posts in this thread and v5 has been downloaded over 2000 times which is neat I guess.
    Infinite Jest and brum like this.
  11. #391  
    rice video plugin?? Does this mean we'll be able to use texture packs with your emu?
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    I've been looking into getting the rice video plugin working, it has support for some different games. I don't know how long it will take I'm still at the early stages. Some games just don't work in mupen64plus (e.g. body harvest) yet and you would have difficulty getting the games developed by Factor 5 working in any emulator. I want to get majoras mask working but haven't narrowed down the issue much yet.
    How does that work? :s Isn't the whole idea of using OpenGLES video plugin because that is all that's support under ARM? I recall reading that they initially tried to start with rice as the base for the conversion to GLES, but gave up and used the wrapper on Open GL plugin.
  13. #393  
    hello just got this and it seems i cant play the roms. yes i followed the instructions. the emulator lets me select them but it wont play them. :/ please help. it seems like it wants to but then crashes

    AND YES i unzipped the roms. i also tried the most generic one too....Super Mario 64
    Last edited by Carbajal3009; 10/09/2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: info
  14. #394  
    I just had to say that this is so awesome for Super Mario 64. Mario Kart gives me troubles but I'll try the updated versions. Thanks!!
    FS: 32gb Touchpad with HP Folio Case, HP Touchstone Charger, and HP Bluetooth Keyboard. $SOLD Thank you for your PM's and interest.
  15. #395  
    your doing a great job, but can you please upload this to preware so its easier to update?
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  16. #396  
    I have officially finished OoT. Thank you Metricity for making a great emulator for running OoT and adding the ability to play N64 on your TP. Bravo. Your work is appreciated greatly.
    32GB touchpad OC'd to 1.8ghz F4 Phantom Kernel
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by xiBeAsT28 View Post
    I have officially finished OoT. Thank you Metricity for making a great emulator for running OoT and adding the ability to play N64 on your TP. Bravo. Your work is appreciated greatly.
    I'm on the final boss myself!
    100th time I've playing OoT, first time portable!! I spend 90% on my TP with this emu
    Last edited by hypermetalsonic; 10/09/2011 at 06:30 PM.
  18. #398  
    I've gotten to the water temple on the master quest but can't bear to go any further. It's literally going to take me a week, half of which will be waiting for the menu to come up. lol.
  19. #399  
    Thanks again for the work on this emulator, Metricity. =)
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVarano View Post
    The app crashes when is start any roms...
    Same issue here, fresh install of .5. Tap the rom you want to open and the app just closes. Will be trying older versions shortly

    .4 is working fine for me.
    Last edited by Aredon; 10/10/2011 at 09:36 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions