Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Try uninstalling Mupen and then reinstalling the .ipk from the media/internals/n64 folder.
    Last edited by xiBeAsT28; 10/01/2011 at 08:24 AM.
    32GB touchpad OC'd to 1.8ghz F4 Phantom Kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by xiBeAsT28 View Post
    Try uninstalling Mupen and then reinstalling the .ipk from the media/internals/n64 folder.
    i also had the crashing issue, i had originally installed by emailing the file to myself then directly installing using preware.

so i uninstalled it, put the .ipk in the /n64 folder, and then reinstalled it with preware from that location (leaving the .ipk in the /n64 folder). no more crashing, love this app!
    When in doubt, install it from your pc (webos quick install).
    The textures on the poe guy in the pot room as an adult in hyrule don't load.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xiBeAsT28 View Post
    Yep, this fixed the issue. Guess we need to install from /media/internal/n64...
    This long loaded menu in OoT is going to make the water temple a *****. Regardless, I love this app!

Edit: Also would be nice I majora's mask loaded past the first area.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 10/01/2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    This long loaded menu in OoT is going to make the water temple a *****. Regardless, I love this app!

Edit: Also would be nice I majora's mask loaded past the first area.
    heh, you telling me? I was hoping I could extract my save and just play through that portion on project64.. Dunno which folder saves go into though. Other than that, its been running great so far despite a few flickering textures here and there. Definitely holding me over till cyanogen
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    heh, you telling me? I was hoping I could extract my save and just play through that portion on project64.. Dunno which folder saves go into though. Other than that, its been running great so far despite a few flickering textures here and there. Definitely holding me over till cyanogen
    I believe, and don't quote me on this, there may be a way to take the save and apply the cheat code to it on the desktop mupen64plus to fix the menu and then move it back. I could have imagined seeing such a thing. Regardless your easiest (and best) option is to donate and thus bribe the OP into adding cheat code support asap :P
    Okay I just entered the water temple. Now I'm going to have to have endurance to wait for a menu fix or wait for the menu to load every time I need to change boots ;-)

In the Ice Cavern, I noticed the icicles just disappear when you slash your sword at them (they give no animation when you hit them).
    A couple more updates:

Spiderman doesn't run very well and has tiling issues similar to goldeneye.

I, ummm.. acquired a n64 conversion of OoT master quest and in playing around with it for a little I noticed that it seemed to run better than the regular version.

Also, resident evil 2 won't start and ssb has the same tiling issue Spiderman does.

And again, Majora's mask won't load past the first area.

EDIT:

Spiderman (you can also see artifacting, i.e. that gray line on the ground): https://www.box.net/shared/h3fn1txbfg5u2eqbp4t6

SSB: https://www.box.net/shared/0uiayd24hnqyfa0u8ind

OOT: https://www.box.net/shared/6jzh7lacl1b6emrstvlr
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 10/02/2011 at 08:35 PM.
  11.    #371  
    EDIT: Here is a version that should fix the menu delay in Zelda OOT. I don't know if I applied it for the correct version of Master Quest, it may crash or activate the wrong cheat. I'll update the original post later assuming it doesn't break anything.
    Last edited by Metricity; 10/02/2011 at 09:34 PM.
    THIS. IS. FREAKING. AWESOME! I've been playing zelda on my touchpad all day long, i feel like i'm 12 again.
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    THIS. IS. FREAKING. AWESOME! I've been playing zelda on my touchpad all day long, i feel like i'm 12 again.
    Preach,brotha. It's eating into my reading time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    EDIT: Here is a version that should fix the menu delay in Zelda OOT. I don't know if I applied it for the correct version of Master Quest, it may crash or activate the wrong cheat. I'll update the original post later assuming it doesn't break anything.
    It works like a charm for regular OoT (though it still pops up with an area-specific background; not a problem at all imo)! It looks like it engaged the infinite rupee cheat for the master quest version and didn't fix the menu, though.

Also, is there any way to address this issue:
    https://www.box.net/shared/mdp11um3pguycl13cx9m

You mentioned earlier that the slowdowns in Zelda were to be expected as you haven't worked kn any performance tweaks; by that do you mean in a general sense or a per-game basis tweak?
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 10/02/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Metricity, it runs like a dream. You couldn't have had better timing to release it imho :-) thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    peachy... Just as I finished the water temple xD
    thanks for the effort though, should help with the rest of the game. **Yup, just tried it out now. Makes a world of difference.
    Have you considered taking a crack at porting a snes or genesis emu? The current snes emu on the store seems to be just a direct port of one from the HP phone with crappy button layout that just doesn't work with the touchpad.

Also.. I've noticed alot of you people are using that box app. How do you take the screen shots in the n64 emu?
    Last edited by hypermetalsonic; 10/03/2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Hypermetalsonic, you take screenshots the same way you would take pictures with an ipod. First you hold the sleep button, then you press the multitask button. Almost like a camera. If you get a big flash on your screen, in worked. Now go into your photos and go into the folder "screenshots". Tada!
    it took me a while to finally figure out how to install on the touchpad but once i got it tried it out with zelda and it worked! im currently downloading a collection of roms and have a blast. hopefully i can find star wars speed racer. that was one of my favorite games.
    The emu opens fine, but whatever ROMS I load (i.e. Goldeneye and No Mercy) they seem to crash/force close the emu can anyone help or explain this further, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmill57 View Post
    The emu opens fine, but whatever ROMS I load (i.e. Goldeneye and No Mercy) they seem to crash/force close the emu can anyone help or explain this further, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks
    Might be an issue with the rips you have. Or possibly just due to the fact that many games don't work at all at the moment, as this is still in its early porting stages.