Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    I had been working on something similar to this for the last few weeks, abet Project64 although. Maybe it is time to move on from that and to re-visit the Nintendo WiiMote bluetooth stack instead. Thank you OP, great work
    That would be quite an undertaking, mupen64plus already had a suitable dynarec and gles plugin. My experience with project64 is limited, I did begin work on a port of jario 64 to C#. I've seen discussion of someone else's more complete emu to C# and XNA but don't recall what emu it was. I preferred the pj64 source as it is C++ but due to the work done for arm devices and continued development of the emulator chose mupen64plus. There are some titles which mupen64plus doesn't support where a different emu could be beneficial most however don't work due to the gfx plugin.

Bluetooth support is probably the most requested feature, on the webOS internals wiki there is some old discussion about porting BlueZ to enhance bt features I haven't really tried it. I'm sure any progress would be appreciated by lots. The input plugin has profiles for those controllers, if they could be paired and SDL detects them the current release may work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcee210 View Post
    WWF No Mercy - Plays great with sound off, text hard to see when playing story mode. Can't go diagonal with the directional pad (which makes hard to pull off certain moves) and every now and then graphical glitches and wrestler intro videos don't play.
    I don't know if using 2 fingers works or not, your right that there is quite a bit of room for improving the dpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    I was referring to gamepads in general, for use in other games/emulators, not just this one. I read somewhere that the TouchPad's bluetooth is very finicky, much like Samsung's.
    Understood. There still isn't a way to do it yet. Which is what I was referring to ;-)
    32GB touchpad OC'd to 1.8ghz F4 Phantom Kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by xiBeAsT28 View Post
    Understood. There still isn't a way to do it yet. Which is what I was referring to ;-)
    Ah, good. At least it's clear we're both on the same page now.
    Surely there is someone trying to port Sixad or cwiid? Both of which were ported to Maemo with 'minimal' effort. Would that be a good place to start:

Sixad,
    PS3 SIXAXIS as joystick and mouse on Nokia N900 | Aberration

Cwiid,
    maemo.org - package instance cwiid-utils
  5. Cha
    is there a way to set a "normal" or center for the tilt? I ask because I don't always keep the TP perfectly level (like when I play in bed, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Surely there is someone trying to port Sixad or cwiid? Both of which were ported to Maemo with 'minimal' effort. Would that be a good place to start:

Sixad,
    PS3 SIXAXIS as joystick and mouse on Nokia N900 | Aberration

Cwiid,
    maemo.org - package instance cwiid-utils
    the problem is not getting the emu to recognize the controller but to get the touchpad to pair with it first.
    i know i can connect my ps3 controller to my pc wired or thru bluetooth by using DS3 Tool...maybe someone could make an app like that for the touchpad and that would pair the controller to the touchpad. Motionjoy is the maker of ds3 tool btw
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    i know i can connect my ps3 controller to my pc wired or thru bluetooth by using DS3 Tool...maybe someone could make an app like that for the touchpad and that would pair the controller to the touchpad. Motionjoy is the maker of ds3 tool btw
    There is already an application for that. It's called sixpair/sixad. It just needs a recompile under WebOS and needs support for joystick in the kernel (which I'm not sure it does).

Quote Originally Posted by lcee210 View Post
    the problem is not getting the emu to recognize the controller but to get the touchpad to pair with it first.
    I'm aware of that.... hence why I linked to libraries and applications that will set such controllers up as joysticks under linux OS. I'm also well aware if they are recognized as such its 30 seconds work to get them working in the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    This app was designed for webOS 3.0 using it on a pre-/pre 2/pre 3 is a no go unless the original developer recompiled it for said devices.
    I have experience with the PDK. You can compile once and it will work with the Pre and Touchpad. And it does at least start up, but it gives me the errors I posted.
    When playing Zelda OOT the Queen Gohma room is completely dark with minimal lighting and I can't even track my way back to the door I entered from. I've messed with the configs and can't get it to be playable. Is it suppose to be this dark or must there be something else causing it?
    So I got the chance to play to the end of the death mountain temple deal in LoT and have some more observations and reiterations:

- texture flickering on the outside of death mountain
    -emulation slowdown in many areas (especially dodongos cavern or w/e)
    -sound issues in some areas, especially with emulation slowdown
    -menu tasks forever to come up and loads to some area before you can see it. I think things a problem with mupen. Also, the avatar picture where you can view equipment is all messed up.

Otherwise, so far so good.
    More OoT updates, I've gone through the first temple and have a save state to enter the fake Gannon picture arena. So far so good :-). No major crashes (or crashes at all) and no graphics are giving me trouble (except the four suns, no big deal). The ONLY thing I want to complain about is how long it takes to open up the Menu and change items. (I believe that's a problem with Mupen64Plus though, wii64 is also Mupen, and it shares the same issue.) Otherwise, thank you again for this emulator. I cannot be any more happy with my touchpad right now (besides the battery life, ha ha!) When is this going to be on Preware?! I feel like once more people learn about this emulator, it's going to be mass chaos to get game pad support on this puppy.

P.S. I just read Infinite Jest's post and he seems to have the same exact thoughts as me! Great minds think alike.
    More OoT updates, I've gone through the first temple and have a save state to enter the fake Gannon picture arena. So far so good :-). No major crashes (or crashes at all) and no graphics are giving me trouble (except the four suns, no big deal). The ONLY thing I want to complain about is how long it takes to open up the Menu and change items. (I believe that's a problem with Mupen64Plus though, wii64 is also Mupen, and it shares the same issue.) Otherwise, thank you again for this emulator. I cannot be any more happy with my touchpad right now (besides the battery life, ha ha!) When is this going to be on Preware?! I feel like once more people learn about this emulator, it's going to be mass chaos to get game pad support on this puppy.

P.S. I just read Infinite Jest's post and he seems to have the same exact thoughts as me! Great minds think alike.
    Have you noticed the emulation slowdowns in certain areas (with audio being affected as a precursor to actual slowdown), such as hyrule town square, some parts of death mountain trail, and dodongo's cavern (being the slowest I've found)? I'm not sure if there's anything more metricity can do about this or if it's a hardware limitation, but it is a bit annoying. Smaller areas are fine, but once you go into large, dynamic areas with lots of independent sound effects, both the sound and gameplay go into a sort of slow motion (the emulation slowing down).
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I get the same exact problem. The FPS drops dramatically. I have an old computer that I can use pj64 with and it it runs OoT at full speed (P4 512mb ram) so I doubt it's a hardware limitation. What kernel are you running and what are the govnah settings? I'm having a hard time finding audio lag. It will have little gaps of audio that will cut out, but it doesn't have any slow down on my TP. I'm not a programmer, but if I was going to guess, it something is happening with the gpu. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in and tell us exactly what's going on.

Since we are nit picking ;-) sometimes when I go to Hyrule Field or the Graveyard, as you enter, the white text that says "Hyrule" will fade in and out. Kinda weird. But it doesn't affect the game overall.

(Btw, the slowest spots for me are when you enter Death Mountain Trail, the couple spinning in town square (pretty much the entire town square :-P) and during the video segments of the game)
    Last edited by xiBeAsT28; 09/28/2011 at 07:55 PM.
    I just noticed you're running the F4 kernel, so maybe you're right about something up with how the gpu is handling things. (I'm using uberkernel btw, 1.5ghz)
    Can you try a kernel that supports 1.8ghz and see if there is still lag in the audio? (The main reason I have the F4 kernel is because the second core never shuts off aka "more" instant resources for the emulator for less lag, or at least in theory ;-), I switched from F16C to F4 and I feel like that helped. But maybe it didn't)
  17.    #337  
    I can't help much with regards to getting it working on the pre as I have never worked with one or webos 2.x.

Audio will always stutter whenever the emulator is running slow. I haven't done any significant performance work yet so I'm not surprised there are slow areas. There is a emulator cheat to fix the delay when opening the menu but there is no way to access it in the current version.
    Infinite Jest likes this.
    Metricity, do you mean the current version of your emulator or Mupen for the menu fix?
    To improve the controller, I think the radius of the control stick should be decreased, as you have to move around too much right now, making it harder to maintain contact (more likely to have it slip).
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Metricity, do you mean the current version of your emulator or Mupen for the menu fix?
    It's not a 'fix' per-se. It is an actual cheat code, so the emu will need to add support for cheat codes. The same one has to be used for P64 et al.