Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    I am Trying to run in a palm pre- with webos 2.1 overclocked 1.5 Ghz but I only find a black screen as a result... any help please?
    It is for TouchPad.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Yeah, the area in hyrule castle when you cross over the bridge is like that. The emu crashes when you go into the town square and when you try to enter the room with pots.
    It was crashing for me when crossing the bridge, I disabled the tlb and was able to cross it and enter the room with the pots. Is the town centre the same as the market with all the people? That was working too.

As you were already able to cross the bridge this may just be a coincidence or it may have been the cause. I'm not yet sure of the repercussions of disabling the tlb for all titles.

Someone mentioned it may be related to the saves which is useful to know too.

A lot of the graphics problems seem to be depth related, I couldn't use the original values as they caused problems in every game, I've been tweaking the settings ever since. When I fix the green problem I'll probably do another release to see if Zelda still has problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    It was crashing for me when crossing the bridge, I disabled the tlb and was able to cross it and enter the room with the pots. Is the town centre the same as the market with all the people? That was working too.

As you were already able to cross the bridge this may just be a coincidence or it may have been the cause. I'm not yet sure of the repercussions of disabling the tlb for all titles.

A lot of the graphics problems seem to be depth related, I couldn't use the original values as they caused problems in every game, I've been tweaking the settings ever since. When I fix the green problem I'll probably do another release to see if Zelda still has problems.
    Sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Sounds great.
    I tried Command and Conquer but its really weird. The animations are overlapped ( like the Nintendo logo,its pasted 3 three times all over the place. Also, the first mission gets selected and then the app closes. Any fixes? I really need my Command and Conquer (I miss Warfare, Inc)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I tried Command and Conquer but its really weird. The animations are overlapped ( like the Nintendo logo,its pasted 3 three times all over the place. Also, the first mission gets selected and then the app closes. Any fixes? I really need my Command and Conquer (I miss Warfare, Inc)
    I think metricity is saying that if he tweaks the fundamental avenues through which the data is processed, there should be an obvious boost in performance (cutting some corners) with all games. Tweaking individual issues in games I'm guessing will be done later on.
    Soorma likes this.
    Banjo-Kazooie, the game fails to render the text at the right pace, so sometimes they'll be done speaking before the subtitles have time to show up.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!

Excuse my ignorance but... what is tlb and is it disable-able by everyone simply? Have the same problem with Hyrule market square, although I can enter the pot room, but if I got into the back-left corner it crashes the emulator!

Edit: For the benefit of debugging, saving the game and loading from a saved game NOT loading from the emulator makes no difference, still same crash!
    Last edited by Ommie; 09/25/2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Infinite Jest likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but... what is tlb and is it disable-able by everyone simply? Have the same problem with Hyrule market square, although I can enter the pot room, but if I got into the back-left corner it crashes the emulator!

Edit: For the benefit of debugging, saving the game and loading from a saved game NOT loading from the emulator makes no difference, still same crash!
    I'm curious as to how to do this also.
    Translation lookaside buffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No idea if it can be disabled on-the-fly tho. Might need a recompile.
    Yoshi's Story looks weird. Completely unplayable :<
  11.    #291  
    Zelda should be working better in the version I just posted and that was the focus of this release. Yoshi's Story isn't any better. I don't know about Command and Conquer but that title isn't a priority sorry, have you tried the PC version in dosbox?

It seems you cannot host a document that can be edited by anyone on skydrive and I don't have google docs account I will revisit and sort out the compatibility list shortly.
    I just installed it (all I did was install the .ipk, did I have to uninstall the other first?) and fired up zelda. I loaded to where I was in hyrule field but for some reason none of the controls work and the game has a really low framerate.

EDIT: A luna restart seemed to help. Did the performance fix you implement make it drop a bunch of frames or something? The game is very responsive but it feels like a bunch of frames are being lost and therefore skips consistently and isn't very appealing to look at.

Also, it seems like there is a little input delay now. Not sure if all of these issues are just on my end or what.

One more thing on a more preferential note: I kind of miss the old analog stick...
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 09/25/2011 at 10:21 PM.
    All right! We are in business. Managed to get through the market in OOT. Will have to try some other games and see if performance has been affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    All right! We are in business. Managed to get through the market in OOT. Will have to try some other games and see if performance has been affected.
    Are you getting the major frame-dropping?

Looks like it's there in Mario, also. Went from playing like the n64 to skipping. =(
    I just upgraded to v.5 and briefly fired up Mario. I didn't see any frame skipping or performance problems.
    so oot is working now? That's good enough for me!
  17.    #297  
    Maybe you were using frame render rate 1 before and this got overwritten? I tend to use 1 but the default is still 2 for the time being.

About the controls, the newer overlay is meant to be Alternate2 if it is the default that is an error. Is that what you mean? The stick should behave the same in both.

EDIT:Frame render rate 1 should be no frameskip, 0 shouldn't work. Are you editing the file in cryptofs/ the files to change are in /media/internal/n64/data since v0.0.4 The ones in the install dir are not used now.

I think the overlay you want you had to download separately before but now it's Alternate2. You can rename it to default if you don't want to switch each time.

EDIT2:There may be one setting that got changed which affects perf which would need another build. I'll check tomorrow.
    Last edited by Metricity; 09/25/2011 at 11:39 PM.
    Infinite Jest and izzeho like this.
    I just messed around with it and still have frameskipping (and hence lack of smoothness) at 1 or even 0. It's not that the frame rate is bad it's just that too many frames seem to be missing for a smooth gameplay. I might wipe my pad of everything related to the emu and try again if no one else is experiencing this.

Also, I really miss the old yellow analog pad.

Edit: Set to 1 and did a full reset and it got a little better. The consistent frame dropping is still there though, most evident when the screen is changing rapidly. This was a huge performance boost but it seems a lot of frames suffered in the process. Everything just feels off. More playable in many areas in OOT but not smooth.

Edit2: Goldeneye got a huge boost in fps, but now all this weird mirror image crap renders in the sky as well as parts of the control overlay. You know what, maybe I don't know how to describe it with oot but while gameplay is more consistent, it seems equally not smooth everywhere (go to the area right outside of linkshouse and see the stuff floating around ; comparing to my pc emu and even how it was the last release it all seems to move naturally while now it is choppy/stuttering). Maybe I am just noticing low fps, too. What does the target fps of 17 in the other config file indicate?
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 09/25/2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Maybe you were using frame render rate 1 before and this got overwritten? I tend to use 1 but the default is still 2 for the time being.

About the controls, the newer overlay is meant to be Alternate2 if it is the default that is an error. Is that what you mean? The stick should behave the same in both.

EDIT:Frame render rate 1 should be no frameskip, 0 shouldn't work. Are you editing the file in cryptofs/ the files to change are in /media/internal/n64/data since v0.0.4 The ones in the install dir are not used now.

I think the overlay you want you had to download separately before but now it's Alternate2. You can rename it to default if you don't want to switch each time.

EDIT2:There may be one setting that got changed which affects perf which would need another build. I'll check tomorrow.
    I feel like an epic dumb *** now; wrong file. ;-) OOT now feels almost up to par with the pc emu (a few fps to go) and 1000000x better than before! I'm just on my touchpad now or I'd post some pics, but there are some issues when opening the app with things randomly tiling up the screen, in oot when the sun rises it looks like a tile of 4 suns. Also crazy **** going on with golden eye so check it out. Overall the framerate/textures had a huge improvement in golden eye, though. Kudos!

Edit: I was just saying I liked the old analog area that was just a yellow circle without the moving center part.

OOT sun
    https://www.box.net/shared/qnuy253tnj83j9ehdzyk

golden eye weirdness
    https://www.box.net/shared/6q9q8gfyr76yunmnrasq
    https://www.box.net/shared/eyfjiq0bjobxg82l3jej

emu app tiling
    https://www.box.net/shared/0ee23qfv0v84a85ccrcx

Majora's mask still hangs you in the beginning.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 09/26/2011 at 05:42 AM.
  20. Cha
    Better than ever.
    1080 is perfect.
    Armorines is about the same.
    Beetle Adv Racing is very fast and smooth. The sound skips,but the game seems to run perfect.
    Body Harvest is the same. A little slow and some weird lines randomly onscreen.
    Conker is slightly better with more of the effects (rain and fire) visible. Still unplayable.
    Diddy Kong still the same. Awesome.
    Donkey Kong still crashes.
    Excitebike crashes before main screen . Same
    F zero. Same very good
    fighting force. Still slow and upside down
    Indiana Jones. Same black screen
    Jet Force Gemini. Some sprite problems, but much better. Keeps clutching on graphics though. Looked likely was gonna work, but graphics too glitches when you start. Unplayable
    Kirby. Same plAyable still no face on Kirby
    Mickey speedway , perfect
    NHL good. A bit choppy in the audio, but the game is smooth
    nightmare creatures. Audio great. Good speed. Choppy. May just be a poorly coded psx port
    perfect dark. Perfect. Some visual glitches in menu, but gameplay is perfect
    pilotwings. Good framerate choppy audio. Same visual glitches.
    pokemon snap. Stoll great. Still no control over aiming
    quake 2 graphics are glitches. Control overlay gets tiled on the screen and people disappear.
    Rayman 2. Same. Audio, no video
    road rash same stills sky sprite over the track
    shadowing same. Freezes
    space station silicon valley. Graphics in menu tile. Still no heads on characters. Worse but playable
    star fox still awesome. Accelerometer on it I sweet
    vigilante 8. About the same. Maybe a bit smoother
    waverace full speed