Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    I installed the ipk on my TP and put the roms in n64 folder.
    However, when I opened the game in the emulator, no control keys were on the screen to play the game with. What could be the problem? Anybody can help? BTW, I tried different games and it is the same with all the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by belliezj View Post
    I installed the ipk on my TP and put the roms in n64 folder.
    However, when I opened the game in the emulator, no control keys were on the screen to play the game with. What could be the problem? Anybody can help? BTW, I tried different games and it is the same with all the games.
    I noticed that if you press near the mid top of the screen and kind of swipe around, the controls will randomly appear and disappear. Either that is the issue or something didn't get installed properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I noticed that if you press near the mid top of the screen and kind of swipe around, the controls will randomly appear and disappear. Either that is the issue or something didn't get installed properly.
    Top middle is the toggle for visible on-screen controls. Used for people who use the keyboard as a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Top middle is the toggle for visible on-screen controls. Used for people who use the keyboard as a controller.
    Thank you so much. It actually works!!
    So I noticed in games like OOT that in smaller places with presumably less that loads at any given point, the game runs much more smoothly than in a larger area (i.e. hyrule field). Is this a limitation of the cpu/gpu? I guess what I'm asking is on other devices (i.e. android devices with n64oid), is this a problem that can't be avoided due to hardware limitation of mobile devices, or is it just not far enough along yet in the process on the TP? I don't intend to demand anything, this is 100% out of curiosity. Keep up the awesome work, metricity!
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 09/22/2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Hi Guys, Super Mario Kart 64 works perfect too. (okay I didn't tested with sound). I think the Emulator is great and I hope the good work goes on! So much fun!
    getting better not as good as the android emu yet but the android one use to suffer from a lot of the same issues this one has so diffidently on the right track. That one started out the same way with Mario 64 and Mario kart running the best then tweaking it to get more and more games working. Thanks for your hard work cant wait to see how this all turns out
    <<Posts deleted / edited.>>

Please keep in friendly, guys.

Please review our forum guidelines:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uncements.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Made an account to say this. Could the controls be sized down a bit? I find my thumb is covering too much space. Super Mario 64 works perfectly by the way.
    everytime i play zelda ocarina of time, the app closes. Other games dont do this when i play but zelda oot does. Anyone have a similar problem and know whats the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    everytime i play zelda ocarina of time, the app closes. Other games dont do this when i play but zelda oot does. Anyone have a similar problem and know whats the issue?
    how far in the game do you get? I have the same thing happen to me when I get a bit through the great deku dungeon. Some people get as far as hyrule field, but have it give them an "instruction error" when the try to enter hyrule castle
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    how far in the game do you get? I have the same thing happen to me when I get a bit through the great deku dungeon. Some people get as far as hyrule field, but have it give them an "instruction error" when the try to enter hyrule castle
    I had an issue going into a room with a deku scrub in it so I just back tracked to a different area, came back and it worked. Crashes at hyrule castle though.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have the same problem with OoT. Mine use to crash in the great deku tree where u get the compass at. It didn't stop crashing until I stopped loading from the saved state. Now it crashes when I enter hyrule castle. Also, does anyone else have the problem when they enter certain areas or rooms everything is green and there is no background.
    Thank you very much for this, it's a really cool app.

The only problem I've had is when I try to load Super Smash Bros N64, it crashes the app
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    So I noticed in games like OOT that in smaller places with presumably less that loads at any given point, the game runs much more smoothly than in a larger area (i.e. hyrule field). Is this a limitation of the cpu/gpu?
    It's related to both, the gpu can handle it but currently the gpu is being sent lots of small batches instead of fewer larger batches which perform better. The games by Nintendo and Rare tend to fare better than something like Tony Hawk which often sends 2 triangles at a time. You still need separate batches if they have a different texture or blending or something else which affects rendering, I tested without taking this into account and Tony Hawk was full speed with lots of glitches but that was a lot easier to do than doing it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzight View Post
    Could the controls be sized down a bit?
    You can copy /n64/overlays/Default.png and DefaultKey.png and rename them to Small.png, SmallKey.png Then edit them to how you want I wasn't planning on changing them just yet.

There have been a few reports of problems with Zelda, I didn't encounter anything in the Deku Tree I guess I will have to continue to the castle and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOliva0664 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same problem with OoT. Mine use to crash in the great deku tree where u get the compass at. It didn't stop crashing until I stopped loading from the saved state. Now it crashes when I enter hyrule castle. Also, does anyone else have the problem when they enter certain areas or rooms everything is green and there is no background.
    Yeah, the area in hyrule castle when you cross over the bridge is like that. The emu crashes when you go into the town square and when you try to enter the room with pots. There are also some weird texture issues with the trees and some flickering of others. Also, in majora's mask, this happens (see pic) with the b button and of course it won't load past the first area. I still can't believe I'm playing n64 games on a touch tablet!

(don't mind the weird color schemes in the screenies below, that's not what it actually looks like. The third screenie is correct though, the green area that was mentioned.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 09/24/2011 at 11:06 AM.
    I am Trying to run in a palm pre- with webos 2.1 overclocked 1.5 Ghz but I only find a black screen as a result... any help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    After i cut down the web and go below the deku tree and defeat the deku scrub. Then i get to the part where u push that big square rock down to make it easier/accessible and thats where the app just closes.
    After i cut down the web and go below the deku tree and defeat the deku scrub. Then i get to the part where u push that big square rock down to make it easier/accessible and thats where the app just closes.
    yeah, it was originally freezing for me with the room with the water and floating platform. Backtracking would usually get me pass it, but when I went beyond the room after the stone and the spider, it would freeze again. Backtracking there just freezes the game as well.

**edit**
    backtracking worked for me this time, made it past both areas that were freezing my game. Just didn't stop in between to make a save state. Think that may have something to do with it before. Anyhow, I'm stuck along with everyone else at hyrule gate. :]
    Last edited by hypermetalsonic; 09/24/2011 at 06:56 PM.
    I am Trying to run in a palm pre- with webos 2.1 overclocked 1.5 Ghz but I only find a black screen as a result... any help please?
    Why are you doing that?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg