Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    it to fit your hands better.

Download: N64.zip

Place images in your N64/overlays/ folder.
    Overwrite the images or rename to "AlternateKey" and "Alternate"[/QUOTE]

I was going to try this overlay out, but I don't see the start button. Or am I just not seeing it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laxx View Post
    I get this error when trying to install.

Error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.metricity.app.mupen64plus_0.0.4.ipk

mv: can't rename 'media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/data': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename 'media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/overlay': No such file or directory

first uninstall the ipk, then create the n64 folder in the root then install the ipk again and you should be good to go.
    I installed v03 and will be keeping that as I want to play Mario 64. =]

Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    it to fit your hands better.

Download: N64.zip

Place images in your N64/overlays/ folder.
    Overwrite the images or rename to "AlternateKey" and "Alternate"

I was going to try this overlay out, but I don't see the start button. Or am I just not seeing it.[/QUOTE]

Bottom right corner.
    eh? Mario 64 isn't working for you on v04??
    its working fine for me. Metricity fixed what ever problem people were having before.

btw met... I've noticed the gameplay buttons are unusable when ever I toggle the load/save/ect... Was this intentional or something you have no control over? Cause its getting annoying to have to keep toggling the top screen options away in order to play, especially when I try to abuse the save state on tough bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by ickna11 View Post
    I was going to try this overlay out, but I don't see the start button. Or am I just not seeing it.
    Bottom right corner.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the layout again ickan. Just wondering, if I wanted the start button to be above the R shoulder button, I'd just edit those 2 image pics and it'll detect it on the screen? Like no need to code anything??
    it'll seem less of a stretch for me up there
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermetalsonic View Post
    thanks for the layout again ickan. Just wondering, if I wanted the start button to be above the R shoulder button, I'd just edit those 2 image pics and it'll detect it on the screen? Like no need to code anything??
    it'll seem less of a stretch for me up there
    Just edit the 2 pics, you need to line them up obviously. :P
    Just edit the 2 pics, you need to line them up obviously. :P
    surprised it was that simple xD
    worked no prob, thanks.
    Compatibility with a lot of games are sub-par:

Tested games:
    Pokemon Stadium - No sound, Black screen after intro video and doesn't load, card stays open
    Pokemon Snap - Only a,b,z buttons work when actually play. Other buttons work find in menus
    Yoshi's Story - Menu and graphic faults, unplayable
    Super Mario 64 - The only game that plays without fault
    Super Smash Bros - Overlay for game flickers and disappears, items and graphics dont appear but playable. Not fullscreen and in the corners are tiles of the main screen.
    Paper Mario - same as Super Smash Bros

Basically the only games playable for me are SSB and Super Mario 64. Performance is decent (im overclocked and patched) and the controls are good. Compatibility is the main losing factor.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Compatibility with a lot of games are sub-par:

Tested games:
    Pokemon Stadium - No sound, Black screen after intro video and doesn't load, card stays open
    Pokemon Snap - Only a,b,z buttons work when actually play. Other buttons work find in menus
    Yoshi's Story - Menu and graphic faults, unplayable
    Super Mario 64 - The only game that plays without fault
    Super Smash Bros - Overlay for game flickers and disappears, items and graphics dont appear but playable. Not fullscreen and in the corners are tiles of the main screen.
    Paper Mario - same as Super Smash Bros

Basically the only games playable for me are SSB and Super Mario 64. Performance is decent (im overclocked and patched) and the controls are good. Compatibility is the main losing factor.
    Completely agree. Both of the zelda games crash at a certain point, frame rates are sluggish, sound is bad, and, liek you said, the only game that runs well is Super Mario 64. I mean, super mario is fun, but not that fun. I have a library of games my friend and I ripped from his old cartridges (ok maybe only like 30, but still, that's a good bit) and so far the mario is as good as it gets. :/
  11. Cha
    Exactly. Good news, too. Metricity not only created and released this for free and allowed you to test the pre-alpha version, but he, also, released the source code. So, go ahead and make a better version yourself.
    when I attempt to install v0.0.4 it never installs I get an error but have no problem installing v0.0.3 anyone know the reason for this
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaFury View Post
    when I attempt to install v0.0.4 it never installs I get an error but have no problem installing v0.0.3 anyone know the reason for this
    Metricity mentioned having to uninstall older versions and delete a few directories before installing v0.0.4. Maybe that's what's causing you grief?
    Thanks I search and found the post had to remove the old version and manually add the n64 folder before installing the new one
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    thanks.........

Bottom right corner.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    Both you <<edited by staff>> realize this is a pre-alpha release, right? So it's not going to be anywhere near a final, bug-free product.

If you think you can do better by all means get to it. Otherwise <<edited by staff>>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Exactly. Good news, too. Metricity not only created and released this for free and allowed you to test the pre-alpha version, but he, also, released the source code. So, go ahead and make a better version yourself.
    Guys. I am just reporting what my personal experience is. That's the whole point of this thread, and I completely understand that this is an alpha stage app. You can't improve unless you find out where things go wrong. You act like I'm blurting out: "this app sucks and you should just stop now".

This same kind of understanding goes on in the Govnah and kernel threads as well.

I had no problem installing 0.0.4 over 0.0.3. These issues were present in 0.0.3 as well.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/23/2011 at 10:46 PM.

It's one thing to report on games that work and/or don't work. That's constructive.

It's another thing to use words like "sub-par" and "losing", and complain about the lack of compatibility. That's obnoxious.

The goal is to give him positive and helpful feedback to improve the application, not rub in his face how his emulator is ***** cause it can't play the games you want to play.
    Neither of us are in the right.

It's one thing to report on games that work and/or don't work. That's constructive.

It's another thing to use words like "sub-par" and "losing", and complain about the lack of compatibility. That's obnoxious.

The goal is to give him positive and helpful feedback to improve the application, not rub in his face how his emulator is ***** cause it can't play the games you want to play.
    I fully support him in his endeavor, I'm just saying that while attention is being given to features such as accelerometer support and various other UI and logiticial features of the app itself, the actual emulation also needs to be focused on. I understand that it is more or less just him working on this pro bono, as such I have donated via the OP, but I just wanted to voice my opinion that performance, again, IN MY OPINION should be a priority over fancy UI support. I'm not *****ing about a specific game not rendering textures right or something trivial, I'm emphasizing that almost all games perform poorly, if at all. I'm sorry if I offended you or seemed like an entitled prat. Trust me, if I knew my *** from my elbow when it came to writing programs, I would lend a hand.

Dude, you only have three posts in these forums. You need to calm down, you are way out of place. Either you are not very used to forums, or you already had an account that got banned for flaming, so you made a new one.

Back to the topic, I tried to get it to run on a Pre 2, but I got TMC as soon as I tried to launch it. It should work on the Pre 2 though, since it works on OpenPandora and the Pre 2 has beefier specs. So I restarted my Pre 2 and tried launching it from the console, and I got these errors:

Code:
    (process:2286): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-roadrunner/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:2359

(process:2286): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)

(process:2286): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-roadrunner/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:2359

(process:2286): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)
    Wondering if anyone saw these yet.