Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    what's the accelerometer used for?
    Version 0.0.4 won't load Mario 64. It just crashes the app. Version 0.0.3 works fine though.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    My mario plays just no sound on any game?
    just installed the new version and im having a couple problems:

1. sound no longer works
    2. new control mappings for keyboards works but theres a few issues. for the control stick, up and down are mapped to the wrong keys. down is mapped to W and up is mapped to S. also, the B button is mapped to the letter B and not to E.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    just installed the new version and im having a couple problems:

1. sound no longer works
    2. new control mappings for keyboards works but theres a few issues. for the control stick, up and down are mapped to the wrong keys. down is mapped to W and up is mapped to S. also, the B button is mapped to the letter B and not to E.
    Thanks for the info, those shouldn't take long to fix.
    I can't install it

It says no such directory. This is the first time installing anything from WEBOS Quick Install. Thanks!

edit: Woops. Didn't go USB mode. It's just installing really slowly. Is that correct?
    Last edited by Sepharite; 09/20/2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    Thanks for the info, those shouldn't take long to fix.
    i just changed the config myself to a more comfortable layout

Stick is WASD
    C Up/Left/Down/Right are PL;'
    DPad Up/Left/Down/Right are TFGH
    Z trig is "space"
    L and R trigs are "u" and "o"
    Start is "Enter" ("Return")
    A is "K"
    B is "J"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9280544/mupen64plus.cfg

file goes in /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/.config/mugen64plus for anyone that wants to use it
    Hmm looks good so far. Audio and keyboard mapping aren't working fully as said above.

Also can't seem to get accelerometer to work, is there something else I have to do to turn it on other than toggle it in the overlay?
  9.    #229  
    Fixed those two problems it should be the same link to download.
    I think the dpad config was incorrect too.
    You should remove the current version and remove the /n64/data and /n64/overlays folders then install it again.

izzeho
    You shouldn't need to do anything other than enable it, can you see the stick move when you tilt/rotate the touchpad? If you have a keyboard maybe try turning it off.

Sorry about these problems I left the link to previous version as I thought there may be some issues.
    Last edited by Metricity; 09/20/2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Thanks for the quick update fix! You are the greatest!
    Fixed those two problems it should be the same link to download.
    I think the dpad config was incorrect too.
    You should remove the current version and remove the /n64/data and /n64/overlays folders then install it again.

izzeho
    You shouldn't need to do anything other than enable it, can you see the stick move when you tilt/rotate the touchpad? If you have a keyboard maybe try turning it off.

Sorry about these problems I left the link to previous version as I thought there may be some issues.
    Its working with the new version no worries. As is the sound.

Nice work
  12.    #232  
    A little info about InputAutoCfg.ini
    The current values for the deadzone are quite high you could try lowering these, this is how much you have to tilt for it to be registered.

AnalogPeak, the real max is 32768 but this would require 90 degree turns its now about a third of this, the up-down axis is even lower as tilting it backwards was quite awkward.

Axis 0 is not currently used, e.g. extending one arm.
    Axis 1 is currently left and right e.g. rotate clockwise.
    Axis 2 is currently up and down e.g. tilt screen to face up or down.

You should be to press buttons by adding axis(n+) or axis(n-) e.g. L Trig = axis(1-) would mean rotate left to press left trigger. You should probably remove the x and y axis if you do this and I haven't actually tried it.

I don't know how much filtering and acceleration tweaks would help but I think it can be improved.
    Is there a menu where you can enable/disable gyro? Or is it just through the configs?
    A little info about InputAutoCfg.ini
    The current values for the deadzone are quite high you could try lowering these, this is how much you have to tilt for it to be registered.

AnalogPeak, the real max is 32768 but this would require 90 degree turns its now about a third of this, the up-down axis is even lower as tilting it backwards was quite awkward.

Axis 0 is not currently used, e.g. extending one arm.
    Axis 1 is currently left and right e.g. rotate clockwise.
    Axis 2 is currently up and down e.g. tilt screen to face up or down.

You should be to press buttons by adding axis(n+) or axis(n-) e.g. L Trig = axis(1-) would mean rotate left to press left trigger. You should probably remove the x and y axis if you do this and I haven't actually tried it.

I don't know how much filtering and acceleration tweaks would help but I think it can be improved.
    Yeah sounds similar enough to how Blight's input plugin works. It'd be interesting to map accelerate to tilt forward and break to tilt back, but the only race game I enjoy on N64 was Mario Kart, and that hardly needs breaking :P

Had a quick go at it in Mario Kart and the values are definitely too sensitive with a too large deadzone (for me at least). I'm also finding accelerometer on such a large device a bit awkward (especially since it is so hard to keep your finger on A while moving it around).
    I just want my OOT to run well. =P What will it require to get games such as OOT to run at an acceptable frame-rate and without randomly crashing? Some kind of dual-core usage? I'm not big on accelerometers with gaming in general, so this update doesn't quite float my boat, but I'm really glad you're actively working on this!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I just installed ver .0.4
    Now when I launch N64 and then select the game the screen will minimize and then just swipes away and nothing loads.
    any ideas??
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I just installed ver .0.4
    Now when I launch N64 and then select the game the screen will minimize and then just swipes away and nothing loads.
    any ideas??
    I did a luna restart also and nothing.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I did a luna restart also and nothing.

ok, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled and everything is now working.

Tweaked it to fit your hands better.

Download: N64.zip

Place images in your N64/overlays/ folder.
    Overwrite the images or rename to "AlternateKey" and "Alternate"
    I get this error when trying to install.

Error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.metricity.app.mupen64plus_0.0.4.ipk

mv: can't rename 'media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/data': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename 'media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.metricity.app.mupen64plus/overlay': No such file or directory