Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metricity View Post
    I was going to do a few combinations of the controls, one moving/hiding the stick now I've got the accelerometer working. In the next version you should be able to switch the layout without closing the emulator. Haven't decided what to do about calibration yet.]

The app requests 256mb I did a test yesterday and it was using 10mb so It's probably an illegal instruction.

After the next release I will look at some of the issues being reported. Games that don't work at all will probably be the most difficult as I don't think the gfx plugin supports all the ucodes. I also plan to put up a compatibility list for people to edit.
    Accelerometer sounds great, I had it running great on the N900 with this and it makes racers a lot of fun (if calibration is good). Might I suggest a Toggle A/B button to switch the on/off for racers? That frees up the hands to use items/jump in mario kart for exampple.

Is there anything more you need other than "Illegal Instruction", will a higher error level give more?
    any update on controllers?
    disappointed yoshi story doesnt work

installed it but when i click to play it just flips the screen up and exits out same goes for smash bros
    Smash Bros does work.

You're holding it wrong ;-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Where is my touchpad!!! I'm trying to rock out at some smash bros and Mario!!!! guess it's gonna wait until tomorrow. Schucks!
    This is exciting. I always dreamed of a portable N64 machine. PSP disappointed me when it couldn't run some of my favourite games (despite running PS1 perfectly). Can't wait to replay Banjo Kazooie, maybe even try Tooie. And with 32GB, I can practically put every single N64 classic on there! Mannn, I want monday to come sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    This is exciting. I always dreamed of a portable N64 machine. PSP disappointed me when it couldn't run some of my favourite games (despite running PS1 perfectly). Can't wait to replay Banjo Kazooie, maybe even try Tooie. And with 32GB, I can practically put every single N64 classic on there! Mannn, I want monday to come sooner
    Just remember this is in its early development stages, so while it is functional, there are very few games that actually perform well (to my standards, anyway) at the moment. Super Mario 64 runs very, very well, however.
    izzeho likes this.
    Looking forward to seeing this expand glad it's here! I enjoy it! Do kind wish joystick was lower but I can understand why its not. Anyways hope someday a ps1 emulator can be made as well. Playing ff7-9 would be amazing and make my touchpad perfect
    Any ETA for the next version?
    I didn't even notice this! Can't wait to play some mario kart on the go!
    is there a Way for me to change the keymappings to something I can use? My arrow keys do not work on my Bluetooth keyboard so I want to make it something that's useable.
    either way this thing rocks thank you so much!
    I'd like to help out in any ways so I'll start on compatibility as soon as you have something set up for it, and mind if I poke around the files?
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Do you all foresee being able to play these games at 1.2ghz or 1.5ghz smoothly
    edit : found the button on the OP.
    Thankyou. I've done a bit of profiling and some crude experiments which lead me to thinking that performance can be improved quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Any ETA for the next version?
    One or two days I think. The next version is mainly about accelerometer and control improvements. The compatibility and performances changes are only minor and are the result of problems in previous releases not really enhancements by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    Is there anything more you need other than "Illegal Instruction", will a higher error level give more?
    After the next release I might be able to look at this. If you send me the save just before it happens it would be helpful. The file should be something like /n64/save/zelda.st0 you can pm me or attach the file if you want. It might take a while for me to sort it out but there are a few things I can try.
    Thankyou. I've done a bit of profiling and some crude experiments which lead me to thinking that performance can be improved quite a bit.
    I honestly think there is no reason it shouldn't be possible. There is plenty that can be done to increase performance. First and foremost should be finding a use for the second core and then some sort of auto frameskip.

After the next release I might be able to look at this. If you send me the save just before it happens it would be helpful. The file should be something like /n64/save/zelda.st0 you can pm me or attach the file if you want. It might take a while for me to sort it out but there are a few things I can try.
    I shall wait for the next release (and see if it fixes anything) before uploading then.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Instructions
    Install the ipk (webos quick install or Preware+Internalz)
    Create a folder /n64 in /media/internal or mount as usb and create a folder /n64
    Place your unzipped roms (.n64, .z64, .v64) into the new folder.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Download Latest v 0.0.3
    Source v 0.0.3
    Which one of the links is the IPK, not exactly sure how to install this, sorry Im a little slow in this dept, but is it possible to install with just my TouchPad or do i need to get on the CPU and use webos quick. I have Internalz

Thanks for the help and thanks for a great product and keep up the great work Metricity
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Game runs perfect. Im actually blown away by the performance.

Any ideas on bluetooth controls? or im pushing it? How about USB gamepads?
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Which one of the links is the IPK, not exactly sure how to install this, sorry Im a little slow in this dept, but is it possible to install with just my TouchPad or do i need to get on the CPU and use webos quick. I have Internalz

Thanks for the help and thanks for a great product and keep up the great work Metricity
    I'm guessing the first link contains just the ipk. You can try clicking on the link on your TP and it should open up prepare to download from there. If that gives you the MAME error (like me), then you can just use webOS quick on your computer.
    This is great! Thanks a lot. Will definitely be donating soon.
    Bluetooth Controll or a Gamepad via Bluetooth would be awesome! Nice Work!
    hi tx for this - some roms will ok but some say "this product will not operate when connected to a device which makes... etc", yet those ROMS work OK on the PC with znesw?
  20.    #220  
    A new version has been posted this mainly adds accelerometer support. While there aren't that many changes it has been frustrating, I'd be surprised if I haven't broken something that used to work!

I'm interested to know if the keyboard changes work or not, if this is the case change webos accelerometer plugged = false in InputAutoCfg.ini. There are some other comments there now to help a custom keyboard layout. You should be able to change the config file to adjust accelerometer sensitivity and make it press buttons the only thing you can't change is the mid-point.

I think gles2n64rom.conf was being ignored previously, it actually works now but I removed it as it stopped 1080 from working, I think it did fix the glitches in Perfect Dark and Starfox though so I will have another look at it.

Moving the files to the n64 dir was a nuisance and may have caused some other issues, the changes are not accounted for during un-installation so you may need to do this manually if you are getting errors when you re-install (delete /data and /overlays from /n64). Future versions should have better install and uninstall scripts.