Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eieiosoftware
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    I bought 2 16gb touchpads and set them up exactly the same. Preware, Uberkernel 1.5 and Govnah. One works great and the other one is not working at all now. It just shut down in use and will not turn back on. It's not the charger and I've tried every hard reboot/soft reboot you name it. It doesn't respond to anything. It's frustrating because it's not like I'm trying to run the fastest kernel out there. I thought Uberkernel sounded like the safest bet so that's what I went with. Think I'm looking at a total hardware failure and am I screwed because it was overclocked? Any suggestions?
    Maybe try putting it in recovery mode and doctor it back to stock. Processors come in different quality, and it could just be that that particular TouchPad contains a processor that can't handle 1.5GHz.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Did it shutdown because it was out of battery?

If yes, I just recently had the same problem. I was using it and I didn't know that the battery was low and it shutdown while I was using it. I tried to plug the charger and it was not responding at all, no light no nothing.

This is what I did, pick up your charger and hold the tip (where the outlet prongs are) then twist it to the right (or left - i cant remember) --- like your opening a bottle cover. Just be gentle twisting and you will hear a click sound. Try to replug it and you should see the big battery icon.

Good luck.

EDIT: I know you have two touchpads and probably used two chargers. Just try it and see if it works.
    If I am not mistaken, Uberkernel boots up with the stock 1.2 speed. Either that or it boots up with the stock 1.2 speed if the device was shutdown inadvertently, ie. if the device crashed or was forced into a reset.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #5  
    I have tried everything with this device including recovery mode. It doesn't respond to anything. The battery definitely had a decent charge when it shut off. You may be right about it booting up with the default kernel speed. I tried the charger suggestion and heard the click but this was already a good charger charging another touchpad. At this point it appears to be dead as a door nail. Is HP actually replacing defective hardware on these and would I bet out of luck with the homebrew and other kernel installed? My other touchpad with identical patches etc. is still running great. Thanks for all the help guys and gals!
    no way for them to tel if it won't turn on...
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

if a doctor didn't fix it then it might be a faulty hardware...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  8.    #8  
    I'm definitely thinking faulty hardware at this point. Hp will still replace these if they are faulty hardware correct? Should I stay mum on having homebrew installed or will they find out either way? My other touchpad with identical setup runs just fine. I wish this thing would boot into recovery mode or at least that way I could do something with it. Thanks for l the suggestions everybody! I have tried everything with this touchpad.
    Def don't tell them about the homebrew. They'll refurb it and probably never boot it in it's current state. The first thing they'll do is wipe it clean and start with a fresh software install. Even if they did get it to boot, they will have sent you a new one anyway, and won't bother trying to get it back.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Its like dont ask dont tell... only... if they did ask you still wouldnt tell.

Quote Originally Posted by eieiosoftware View Post
    Def don't tell them about the homebrew. They'll refurb it and probably never boot it in it's current state. The first thing they'll do is wipe it clean and start with a fresh software install. Even if they did get it to boot, they will have sent you a new one anyway, and won't bother trying to get it back.

^
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the help guys! Will be rma’ing with HP next week and will be hoping for the best. At least the wife's touchpad is still going strong.
    best of luck i hope you get this straight
    Considering THIS

HP donates server to WebOS Internals, makes homebrew its boo

By Christopher Trout posted Feb 11th 2011 9:40PM

Palm's always been pretty cozy with the homebrew community, and now, with a donation to WebOS Internals, HP's showing that they've got love for hackers, too. Just in time for the lover's holiday, HP announced plans to donate a ProLiant DL385 server to the independent developer's resource -- a gift worth $10,000 and packing 32GB of RAM and 8TB disk space. Considering all the new devices we saw at the webOS event this week, the added capacity comes at just the right time. We always thought diamonds were a nice gesture, but we suppose, in this case anyway, nothing says I love you like an HP ProLiant.
    ...and the fact that they're letting everything go, giving money back to people that paid full price and on and on....you probably don't have too much to worry about.

In case you were wondering, they donated that server to a University in Oregon...can't remember exact details, but they made it pretty clear, that by no means......were HP "lining their pockets" ......and you gotta respect that.
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Considering THIS

...and the fact that they're letting everything go, giving money back to people that paid full price and on and on....you probably don't have too much to worry about.

In case you were wondering, they donated that server to a University in Oregon...can't remember exact details, but they made it pretty clear, that by no means......were HP "lining their pockets" ......and you gotta respect that.
    that is really awesome.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.