Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok miles4000 I need the same thing since I manage Cisco devices , what did you install again? just want to make it easier for me please

thanks
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    ok miles4000 I need the same thing since I manage Cisco devices , what did you install again? just want to make it easier for me please

thanks
    Installed in order - OpenSSH, xterm, xecutah (xserver gets installed with it)

Then start the xecutah app. In app start xserver (new card opens) and then start xterm. Should see Touchpad command line in that new card that opened.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Nevermind.

1. Install preware
    2. Enable test feeds (Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals)
    3. Install Xserver, Xterm and Xecutah and OpenSSH
    4. Launch Xecutah
    5. From within Xecutah launch Xserver
    6. Xserver launches, go back to Xecutah
    7. Launch Xterm from within Xecutah
    8. Go back to XServer to find your Xterm

Also you should install webos tweaker to set your default keyboard size for Xecutah.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Ah...well you can fit a decent install in 2 GB but that's the minimum. To set it up you have to "doctor" your TP (which really isn't too hard) and to remove it you would have to do the same. Doctoring is essentially re-flashing the device.
    Right. Yeah I already been thru the doctoring process on the Touchpad. So as part of the doctoring I can allocate the space required for Ubuntu?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Right. Yeah I already been thru the doctoring process on the Touchpad. So as part of the doctoring I can allocate the space required for Ubuntu?
    Yes. You create your own meta-doctor by editing a Makefile. It's only supported under Linux or OSX so you'll need a dual-boot or something. There's a tutorial thread, but if you read webosinternals page on ubuntu chroot and meta-doctor you'll likely not need it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  6.    #26  
    I don't know if its related, but now I just noticed my Messaging app is not working right. All messages received on Yahoo are getting duplicated and its like being looped. I posted this in native apps forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...-messages.html
    Last edited by miles4000; 09/08/2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I don't know if its related, but now I just noticed my Messaging app is not working right. All messages received on Yahoo are getting duplicated and its like being looped. I posted this in native apps forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...-messages.html
    Hmmm...maybe your machine is routing through both the VPN and directly making it look like it's in two places?
  8.    #28  
    Wasnt on VPN at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Nevermind.

1. Install preware
    2. Enable test feeds (Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals)
    3. Install Xserver, Xterm and Xecutah and OpenSSH
    3a. Restart via Luna on TouchPad to be sure
    4. Launch Xecutah
    5. From within Xecutah launch Xserver
    6. Xserver launches, go back to Xecutah
    7. Launch Xterm from within Xecutah
    8. Go back to XServer to find your Xterm

Also you should install webos tweaker to set your default keyboard size for Xecutah.
    With the added "3a" above, this worked as needed!!!

Thank you, Mize!!!
    Cool, I'll take a look at it. So I assume this 5gig slice will be dedicated to Ubuntu and it would be possible to get back if needed? I got the 16gig model of the Touchpad.

Hi,

I am glad you figured it out. I also want to apologize for my harsh reaction yesterday, I thing I got you wrong.

Getting the dedicated space back if needed is possible, but complicated. You need to access your TP via novaterm (i.e. from QuickInstaller), erase the Ubuntu-Filesystem.Afterwards you have to resize the filesystem or web doctor the TP. First option is tricky, second will result in some work

If you need precise info how to do this, I have to look it up again but already did this once.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I researched appropriate VPN service, company with unlimited bandwidth and I found Super VPN and I must admit I am very satisfied!They provide me an Australian IP address which I needed so much when I travel abroad...With VPN I could effectively hide my location and gain access to online games, poker websites and other online entertainment...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12