Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I took an update to the f15c eagle kernal and govnah yesterday and my TP has been locking up constantly. None of the following behaviors were present until i updated yesterday.

1. preware does not recognize all the apps I have loaded.
    2. preware does not recognize all the patches i have. when i go back to install then i get a message along the lines of "interesting... seems like the patch has already been installed"
    3. TP locks up just randomly. Cannot power the screen on/off. When on, if i select an icon, nothing happens. Only way to fix this is to perform a hard reset.

Anyone else having these lock up issues?
    --Simon
    run an epr and see if the problem goes away. that will keep the kernel on but take the patches off. i had a few lock ups yesterday so i did this and so far so good.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Same here, updated the kernel an been having all sorts of problems. I just reverted back to Uberkernel for now.
  4.    #4  
    is it more stable?

ran EPR, and all it did was remove my current patches. before the update it had my nonpreware apps listed in the application tab. might just do a clean install and preware again
    --Simon
    Out of curiosity what are you doing that requires such a high speed kernel. I dont even use uberkernel oc all the time because I dont find I need it.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Im running the 1.5 uberkernal and am seeing a faster/higher battery drain after the latest updates.

Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of UK or Govnah to try and confirm this?
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    I recently updated as well. 10 minutes later, the touchpad didn't want to open any apps and was not recognizing my keystrokes. Turned the screen off and it didnt want to turn back on so I did a hard reboot. Not sure if its related but I have another issue when I try to log in on certain forums or sites like ebay, I put in my correct log in and password then click sign in, but the page acts like I didn't type anything in and asks me to sign in again.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadZOmbie View Post
    I recently updated as well. 10 minutes later, the touchpad didn't want to open any apps and was not recognizing my keystrokes. Turned the screen off and it didnt want to turn back on so I did a hard reboot. Not sure if its related but I have another issue when I try to log in on certain forums or sites like ebay, I put in my correct log in and password then click sign in, but the page acts like I didn't type anything in and asks me to sign in again.
    My exact behavior!!
    --Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by kwando View Post
    I took an update to the f15c eagle kernal and govnah yesterday and my TP has been locking up constantly. None of the following behaviors were present until i updated yesterday.

1. preware does not recognize all the apps I have loaded.
    2. preware does not recognize all the patches i have. when i go back to install then i get a message along the lines of "interesting... seems like the patch has already been installed"
    3. TP locks up just randomly. Cannot power the screen on/off. When on, if i select an icon, nothing happens. Only way to fix this is to perform a hard reset.

Anyone else having these lock up issues?
    I have not noticed the 'first two' issues listed by you, but then again I have not checked for the same. But, I have been going crazy all day today, with absolutely and exactly the same issue as the one listed 3rd. I have never had these problems before today, ie. before the last update to the f15c kernel. Actually I couldn't even remember what patches I had updated since yesterday, to be causing this issue. Thanks to your post I remember doign the kernel update.

The problem is while running F15C v3.0.2.51
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/08/2011 at 02:57 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Out of curiosity what are you doing that requires such a high speed kernel. I dont even use uberkernel oc all the time because I dont find I need it.
    Don't need, just want. People complain about batt drain, I don't use my TP all the time so I can go days without charging.
    --Simon
    after my f15 update ive noticed that my xserver takes forever to launch now and often wipes the "tweak prefs" like my xterm color and virtual keyboard settings, ive even had all the apps in xecutah vanish for several mins then just randomly re-appear. also had the odd random lockup or needing a full reboot.
    Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one! After that last F15C update, I have had to hard reset my TP 3 times (updated 2 days ago I think). Haven't had a problem since I got it. Twice, it wouldn't wake after sleep and another was that it locked up while I was using it. I could press icons, you would see the ripple, but it wouldnt do anything.
    I have tweeted this thread to uNiXpSyChO. Hopefully he will chime in soon.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    also noticed my apps behaved like they were being launched for the first time ie: slooooow to load but near instant the second time, rebooted and same behaviour, slow initial load then rapid/instant loads after that on every app i have.

removed the kernel and my apps are still kinda behaving sluggish/slow to load (could be a mental thing now im not overclocked but my initial loads are back to slooooow).

its most noticable for me on xserver as i abuse ubuntu a fair bit, it takes a hell of a long time for the xserver window to appear for me now, even with the kernel removed, tried a few games i know to work well and they load terribad slow as well now on their first launches.

havent locked up since removing the kernel yet tho.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    isn't the f15c the 1.9, I'm running 1.7 wharthog kernel and I'm just fine, with a few tweaks here and there, I was golden.
    You can run it at 1.9 if you chose.

They just had another update but as soon as it booted, it froze. Had to hard reboot again. Might have to try warthog oc kernels until F15 is less buggy. It was working fine before these updates.
    ghostinator likes this.
  17.    #17  
    see the update... Prob gonna wait
    --Simon
    I installed F15c a few days ago and see a noticeable improvement over uber. I have to keep it at 1.7 though. I tried 1.8 and 1.9 and they lock up. 1.7 is stable for me. I've found no issues.
    last few days have been very unstable. I'm going to review my logs and see what's up. I updated after freezing And it still persists
    Hey guys - just a note that I thought the problem was Eagle as well, especially with the freezes where no apps would come up when the buttons were pressed. For me, the problem was Muffle System Logger. Uninstalled, didn't have problems, re-installed, had problems. Now this was a few days ago - reinstalled the Logger after the two recent updates, and haven't had problems since.

So perhaps the issue could be with F15C & Muffle.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast