Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    recently I discovered that I was unable to download new attachments from my email application in webos. After quite a bit of troubleshooting... I finally found that the most recent update to muffle system logging (version 22) seems to be causing a block to the file-cache. Attachments will download and then never exist in the file-cache folder. Aka they cannot be opened.
    I won't pretend to know why this is an issue, but I can now confirm 100% for sure that it is.

I'll be installing an older version (v21) for now, but I felt I should report this.

Edit: You cannot simply uninstall muffle to correct the problem. Fix is a few posts down.
    Last edited by Aredon; 09/07/2011 at 11:47 AM.
    I had the same issue, no attachments downloading, after updating the logging patch, HOWEVER removing it doesn't fix the problem
    fascinating, is this definitely the cause? i too have been unable to open attachments today
  4.    #4  
    To correct the issue.
    1.) Uninstall the problem version of muffle (22)
    2.) Remove your email account from webOS (via the accounts settings app, remove the entire account)
    3.) Device Restart
    4.) Re-Create your account(s)
    5.) Install version 21 of muffle: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.2-21_all.ipk
    6.) ????
    7.) profit

I spent several hours on this last night and this morning, you're welcome :P.

Edit: swapped steps 1 and 2, clarified step 3 - Also of note, I'm only running a gmail account and this worked for me just fine.
    Last edited by Aredon; 09/07/2011 at 01:06 PM.
    abegee, Herk_FE and crucian4 like this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    To correct the issue.
    1.) Remove your email account from webOS
    2.) Uninstall the problem version of muffle
    3.) Device Restart
    4.) Re-link your email account
    5.) Install version 21 of muffle: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.2-21_all.ipk
    6.) ????
    7.) profit

I spent several hours on this last night and this morning, you're welcome :P.
    Too late. I had the same problem and finally decided to visit the doctor. All is good now (i.e. I can open attachments again).
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    That s*cks, I have 6 email accounts configured, will take me ages to fix, grmbl
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    That s*cks, I have 6 email accounts configured, will take me ages to fix, grmbl
    prolly just unlink one email and make sure the fix works for you. After the problem child is removed, I'm fairly certain you can install the old version and then unlink other accounts later. If that makes sense. Although I suppose theres no real harm in removing them all.

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Too late. I had the same problem and finally decided to visit the doctor. All is good now (i.e. I can open attachments again).
    Well, aren't you an early quiter. :P
    what type files?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
    what type files?
    Any type. Upon investigation using Internalz, I found that the file-cache folders/files were never being created upon downloading of the attachment. I assume that some file permissions issue is to blame. Attachment gets downloaded -> application tries to save -> gets blocked -> reports file as downloaded, but it doesn't exist because it was never saved.

For instance ../file-cache/J/randomfile.ipk. I would browse to file-cache, but there was no folder "J" and likewise no file.
    my email app is giving me the following error.

unable to download attachment.
    internal error
    error code 10000 :insertCacheObject: no type attachment definedMoj err 200) src/commands/fetchpartcommand.cpp

I've removed all my email accounts, removed the patch, restarted the device still getting this error
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    my email app is giving me the following error.

unable to download attachment.
    internal error
    error code 10000 :insertCacheObject: no type attachment definedMoj err 200) src/commands/fetchpartcommand.cpp

I've removed all my email accounts, removed the patch, restarted the device still getting this error
    You put your accounts back in already as well? I never had problems actually downloading them. The progress bar would go fine, and then the application to open said file would start, but then error out.
    yes I removed the patch, then the email accounts, then restarted, re-added 1 email account to test, still no go.
  13.    #13  
    How weird. Did you completely remove the account through the accounts "app" under settings? Or how did you remove them? (because that's what i meant)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    How weird. Did you completely remove the account through the accounts "app" under settings? Or how did you remove them? (because that's what i meant)
    removed through email prefs and via accounts app
  15.    #15  
    o.O I just removed them from the accounts app completely. Restarted, and re synced my account.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Any chance an update of the patch will fix this. Don't feel like removing and re-adding the accounts.
  17.    #17  
    when I updated the patch error remained, but you're welcome to try.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    No I mean a future update, beyond .22. Or is the issue created by .22 not fixable with an update of the patch?
  19.    #19  
    Oh that I have no idea, I'm certainly not the developer.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hmm weird, I sent two identical emails with attachment (.doc) to my yahoo and gmail accounts. When I actually tried it and the first time with Yahoo mail, I got a 3099 (or 3039 error - i forgot) when downloading the attachment. So I went and tried it with my gmail but the download went through. Then I went back to Yahoo mail and downloaded the attachment, this time it didn't give me errors. Everything looks fine, although I haven't tested it fully yet.

BTW, I'm on 3.0.2-22
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast