Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    hello I did try to click the link and a web browser opens with a bunch of jibberish .on another note how do you find the command and then load the latest version?
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I used the following command. My email attachments download fine, and Pivot remains.

find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -4 -exec rm -f {} \;
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I used the following command. My email attachments download fine, and Pivot remains.

Did you use that command line with the latest version of the muffle system patch installed or without the muffle system patch installed?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    what command li e please explain to this noob ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    Did you use that command line with the latest version of the muffle system patch installed or without the muffle system patch installed?
    I would also like to know the answer to that lol..

I was doing great with my tp until I updated muffle system to version 22... Since then my only email (which is a Gmail account) gives me the can't download error for the body of the email..

I'm not sure about attachments or the photo folder errors people are talking about... How do I find out if I have these problems as well?

Also I have updated muffle system to version 23 and it didn't solve the issue with the body of the email not showing up.. I also tried restarting and removing. Restarting and then reinatalling.. all that fun stuff...

My next step is to try the command line and then last option is doctor...

sent from my OG Evo 4g
    I used 4 instead of 7 and pivot is fine. I downloaded email attachments from before and after the corrupt ML patch. They all worked fine. I ran the command without the latest ML patch.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ok thanks I'll give it a run
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Without. I had updated from 22 to 23, uninstalled 23, reinstalled 23, and removed 23 again, all in an attempt to get email working again, prior to running the above command. I used xecutah and xterm to run the command, fwiw.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

What are the steps to run these commands I am a Noob
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrest107 View Post
    What are the steps to run these commands I am a Noob
    Easiest thing to do is run that command from the linux command line in WOSQI. You can find out how by searching, or downloading WOSQI Homebrew Guide in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Without. I had updated from 22 to 23, uninstalled 23, reinstalled 23, and removed 23 again, all in an attempt to get email working again, prior to running the above command. I used xecutah and xterm to run the command, fwiw.
    Thank you for the clarification, I'm about to run the command. I appreciate your quick response.
    Request: for those of us who didn't notice that v.22 was a test and who prefer not to have to read all the pages in this thread to figure out what does and does not apply to our situation, is it possible for easy-to-understand instructions to be posted on the first post and to have them regularly updated?

Not a lot to ask, is it?!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Did you use 4 instead of 7 from my suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Would using a smaller number than 7 help to remove the offending file but keep Pivot page, e.g., 4?

Pivot came out 7 days ago (Sept 1).
    v22 of the patch came out 3 or 4 days ago.
    Last edited by rlopin; 09/08/2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    After trying the command, the entire App Catalog no longer works. Not just the Pivot magazine; I am not able to view any apps. An error message keeps popping up "The action could not be completed. Please try again later".

I have done a cold reboot twice already but no luck.

Steps I did:
    1. Uninstalled v23
    2. Rebooted
    3. Ran Linux command
    4. Rebooted

• Email download issue fixed
    • App Catalog not working
    • Software Manager was able to install 4 apps that had updates, but unable to use the App Catalog directly

Now the App Catalog is unusable. Looks like I might need a trip to the doctor. I am going to install v23 of the Muffle System Logging patch just to see if that helps.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Man I am trying (in vain) not to use the doctor aarg this sucks!
    LOL calm down, the App Store has been down for at least the last hour. They are working on it. Just funny timing. It was not your command, though! Relax.
    I deleted the muffle patch w/o updating, so my email never got affected. Looks like the app catalog is simply crashing on its own.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  18. QRx
    I also ran the Linux command. Email is now ok but App Catalog is not working. I am quite new with this. What is visiting the doctor people are talking about here? It is to restore the entire system?
    Thanks for the FYI. Ill chill :-)
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Did you use 4 instead of 7 from my suggestion?
    Yep. Worked like a charm.