Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Doctoring can be a pain for a couple reasons, but what email data and contacts would you lose? Your contacts are in your palm profile and email is on the email server (unless you downloaded POP and deleted off server, I guess.)
    Sry meant TP. Contact linking etc from the email accounts that I have
    Quote Originally Posted by sinboo50 View Post
    Plan B also worked for me after I removed Muffle. Glad I did not have to do all of the reinstall of multiple email accounts and god knows how many apps... Good luck to all.
    Aye - any chance someone can whip together an ipk to run this command line? Wife's away for a week with TP and not much for terminal commands...
    Can DL the ipk attachment in web browser email interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What did you use to run this command? Didn't know we had a terminal that worked unless we installed ubuntu? I so want to solve this email prob without having to doctor

Is there any chance someone can place that plan B command into a patch file we can download and run? I'd be forever greatful to avoid doctoring!
    You can install Xecutah (and Xserver and Xterm) without doing anything with Ubuntu Chroot or a /media/cryptofs partition.
    What did you use to run this command? Didn't know we had a terminal that worked unless we installed ubuntu? I so want to solve this email prob without having to doctor

Is there any chance someone can place that plan B command into a patch file we can download and run? I'd be forever greatful to avoid doctoring!

I used Xecutah/Xserver/Xterm. You don't need ubuntu to install these, although you need these to install ubuntu.

I don't know how patches are written, I'm hoping someone with more experience on that fact can come through and save the day.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Tried this. Unfortunately didn't work

edit 2: plan B worked for me: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    Thanks for posting this about 5 minutes after I did an Remove Apps & Data.

Email looks fine now, once my app downloads finish in a few hours I can install Preware and be back to where I was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    WebOS Quick Install ver.4.2.3 has a linux command line. Is that what you're referring in terms of looking for a command line?
    I knew it used to have a command line, but thought he removed it from the newer versions. I'll check again. Thanks.
    codecrumb can you wrap an ipk to run that command?
    YAY! Running " find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \; " from webos quick install command line and rebooting fixed me! Thank you thank you thank you! So glad I didn't have to doctor!! Email probs all fixed!
    did you remove v23 first?
    just installing v. 23 and a full reboot seems to have done the trick for me opening one pdf. I will try a few more but so far so good.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    YAY! Running " find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \; " from webos quick install command line and rebooting fixed me! Thank you thank you thank you! So glad I didn't have to doctor!! Email probs all fixed!
    Did you lose all of your contact photos after that command?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    did you remove v23 first?
    Yes, I'd removed Muffle System Logging patch altogether before running that command.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Did you lose all of your contact photos after that command?
    Nope, photos seem fine on my contacts..
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've gotta say that a lot of people who are installing preware probably shouldn't be... The reaction from people is unbelievable. Maybe a separate stable only feed needs to be setup and only packages that are 1-2 weeks old should be moved over and leave the testing feed for people who don't mind when something messes up.
    sidotij likes this.
    I knew it used to have a command line, but thought he removed it from the newer versions. I'll check again. Thanks.
    THIS worked for me too! Used WOSQI command line. Removed muffle v23 first (not sure if it makes a difference though). Going to reapply v23 and report back. I also thought the issue was related to uberkernel since it got updated the same time as muffle patch - reinstalling. Pretty painless for me since I read precentral daily.

UPDATE: reinstalled muffle v23 - email still works. reinstalled uberkernel too - email still works fine and dandy!

NOTE to users: this community has always been reliable in delivering the fixes! THANK YOU DEVS!!!
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 09/08/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: update
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Volcom45 likes this.
    Doctoring is acceptable, but typically last resort. Testing feeds already exist for testing.

I'm fine with the inconvenience of this, but dev's should be thoroughly testing before posting to preware public feeds. This is an unfortunate error on the dev's part - but he meant no harm and was a mistake. Dont interpret the desire for a hassle-free fix as a "i'm a noob fix this naow" message.
    As a dev, I'll say that if I was the author of this patch, I would test to make sure that the install was clean, and that the logging was not happening anymore. I wouldn't do any other regression on other applications (such as e-mail) which I wouldn't expect to have any impact on.

If every patch went through a rigorous regression test, they would never see the light of day.

Using a patch comes with an implied risk, such is life!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Nope, photos seem fine on my contacts..
    Oh right, the command is only deleting files modified within the past 7 days. Your contact photos were probably older (mine all are).

I ran the find, restarted, added my email account back ... still an error occurred downloading the message. It's looking like I'll have to erase.
    Glad to see success among the community- however I can no longer remove the patch. I get an Unable to run command- IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT error with a bunch of hunk errors.

I'll try to run the command through Quick Install when I get home.
    thanks... fixed me right up and saved me a couple hours of work
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast