Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sormerod View Post
    To late. None if the fixes have worked time for the doctor. This is why people want Android!
    FYI, I don't want android on my TP. So don't include me in those "people".

If I want Android, I'll buy a dedicated Android device. Oh BTW, do you think Android won't have any of these issues? You are SOOOOOOOO wrong.

BTW, I also like/love android too.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    Any chance us noobs could get this in English?
    These are things to run on the command line. If you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest trying them (particularly the rm -f ones, if you screw that up you'll be sorry.)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    I'm wondering (and, for my sake, hoping) whether the filecache problem never arrises if you haven't attempted to download a file from email while running v22. Do you remember if you tried downloading an email attachment during the last 2 days?
    I haven't. This is what I'm hoping too.
    thought I posted this yesterday, but not sure if it went through. The fix worked for me. Today I installed v23 and it seems to be working.
    johnnyfever likes this.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    You could try that but YMMV.

What I would probably suggest is the following:

* Make sure that only one copy of filecache is running. Verify using ps.
    * Kill off the filecache process.
    * Do something like

find /var/file-cache/email -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    find /var/file-cache/attachment -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

OR even

find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

* Reboot

You might want to verify before deleting.

Also, I would do this as a last resort before doctoring. Obviously, I'm not responsible if this eats your local data.

I will give this try later...But is there any other things that need cleanup if the patch was removed?

--navin
    new muffler update 9/8/11 ver 2-23 might help
    It seems I'm in the minority but as I reported on my earlier post, I had ver 22 and had no problem viewing my emails or downloading attachments.

So I bit the bullet and updated to ver 23 just now and my email still works fine. I'm not totally convinced it was the ver 22 that caused all this problems because if it was true then it should have affected my TP as well.

BTW, I'm running all the usual patches and uberkernal 1.5 OC.

Hope everyone can resolve their email issues soon.
    Went from v22 to v23 and bam, white screen when opening the email app. grr

Edit: Removed v23 patch. Luna Restart. No change. Did a Full Restart and email's back and attachments open no problem. Phew.
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 09/08/2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    You could try that but YMMV.

What I would probably suggest is the following:

* Make sure that only one copy of filecache is running. Verify using ps.
    * Kill off the filecache process.
    * Do something like

find /var/file-cache/email -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    find /var/file-cache/attachment -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

OR even

find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;

* Reboot

You might want to verify before deleting.

Also, I would do this as a last resort before doctoring. Obviously, I'm not responsible if this eats your local data.
    Tried this. Unfortunately didn't work

edit: looks like filecache automatically restarts on its own when killed... may be why it didn't work for me. FYI, used "ps -A | grep filecache", "kill -9 pid" to kill it

edit 2: plan B worked for me: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    Last edited by neville; 09/08/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Tried the new patch still no luck so I just done what SilvrDrgn done ie I did a "Erase Apps and Data" in the Device Info -> More Info screen. Before I done that though I uninstalled my patches and after restoring everything and resetting up accounts all my email works fine again. But I yet have to install v23 of Muffle System Logging not sure if I want to do this yet just in case...
    Last edited by leobloom; 09/08/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Went from v22 to v23 and bam, white screen when opening the email app. grr

Edit: Removed v23 patch. Luna Restart. No change. Did a Full Restart and email's back and attachments open no problem. Phew.
    I tried this but it didn't work for me. Ugh this is annoying
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Tried the new patch still no luck so I just done what SilvrDrgn done ie I did a "Erase Apps and Data" in the Device Info -> More Info screen. After restoring everything and resetting up accounts all my email works fine again. But I yet to install v23 of Muffle System Logging not sure if I want to do this yet just in case...
    Will this remove all Apps, including PreWare Apps in addition to email settings etc...? Uggh..is right.
    Zero luck with v23 fixing it for me. I rarely do attachments though on my Touchpad so, hoping the developer can find a fix that actually works over next few days before I bother doctoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinboo50 View Post
    Will this remove all Apps, including PreWare Apps in addition to email settings etc...? Uggh..is right.
    I removed all my Preware patches before I done the wipe, it in return removed all apps, settings and data (my photos and music are all intact and were not touched), it then asked me to log back into my profile and started downloading all the apps again, I reinstalled my email addresses and it is syncing everything right now as I type but have checked the emails and they download correctly and can see the attachments.

The Preware apps have not been restored neither has my Kindle App I had to install (UK user here) so will do that once my TouchPad has completed syncing.

It didn't keep my web shortcuts either did keep the bookmarks in the browser albeit without my custom made icons though and oddly enough still kept the tabs and where I put certain apps in the launcher!
    Last edited by leobloom; 09/08/2011 at 01:43 PM.
    It sounds like people rebooting (full, not luna) multiple times after updating/removing the patch have a better chance of it working. So I guess try rebooting a few times before trying to doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Tried this. Unfortunately didn't work

edit: looks like filecache automatically restarts on its own when killed... may be why it didn't work for me. FYI, used "ps -A | grep filecache", "kill -9 pid" to kill it

edit 2: plan B worked for me: find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;
    What did you use to run this command? Didn't know we had a terminal that worked unless we installed ubuntu? I so want to solve this email prob without having to doctor

Is there any chance someone can place that plan B command into a patch file we can download and run? I'd be forever greatful to avoid doctoring!
    Last edited by volcom45; 09/08/2011 at 01:37 PM.
    had problem with v22, updated to v23 - no difference.

removed v23, rebooted luna
    rebooted (hold pwr + center button)

no luck.

Any chance of another patch to purge this issue?
    REALLY dont want to have to doctor or wipe contacts and all email data from TP
    Last edited by Phenoum; 09/08/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What did you use to run this command? Didn't know we had a terminal that worked unless we installed ubuntu? I so want to solve this email prob without having to doctor

Is there any chance someone can place that plan B command into a patch file we can download and run? I'd be forever greatful to avoid doctoring!
    Plan B also worked for me after I removed Muffle. Glad I did not have to do all of the reinstall of multiple email accounts and god knows how many apps... Good luck to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post

WebOS Quick Install ver.4.2.3 has a linux command line. Is that what you're referring in terms of looking for a command line?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    had problem with v22, updated to v23 - no difference.

removed v23, rebooted luna
    rebooted (hold pwr + center button)

no luck.

Any chance of another patch to purge this issue?
    REALLY dont want to have to doctor or wipe contacts and all email data from phone
    Doctoring can be a pain for a couple reasons, but what email data and contacts would you lose? Your contacts are in your palm profile and email is on the email server (unless you downloaded POP and deleted off server, I guess.)
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast