Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I just homebrewed my first-bought TP a couple of nights ago and installed Preware and this very patch which was asking for me to update it!!

I removed it. Whew!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem only it is now not just attachments, but I get an error downloading the email messages. So, I can no longer read email.
    strange but I can download (pdf) just fine in yahoo mail. And I have ver 22 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinboo50 View Post
    I am having the same problem only it is now not just attachments, but I get an error downloading the email messages. So, I can no longer read email.
    That is my problem as well; I see the email, and the title, but cannot retrieve the message. For me to read a message, I have to click reply and the text shows up then.

Tried everything in this thread, to no avail
    Quote Originally Posted by sinboo50 View Post
    I just noticed I could not see email as well- I get a "Retrieving email text" white screen that ends in "An error occured downloading this message" on 3 email accounts (2 Gmail, 1 Yahoo!)- I uninstalled the patch and did a Luna Restart but the problem persisted. I then tried a Device Restart and still nothing happened.

I then followed the fix to no avail- I deleted all accounts from Accounts app, restarted, added a Gmail account, restarted, same error.
    Last edited by DarK_MischieF; 09/07/2011 at 09:57 PM.
    I'm in the same boat, cannot retrieve email text. Very frustrating.

At least the process described earlier allowed me to see my media again.

Hopefully the dev will have a fix out shortly, if not I think I'm going to have to put in a few hours and visit the doctor, which I don't want to have to do.

Wondering if I can remove and reinstall the email app and that would help.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I'm unable to download the body of any message from any account. I just installed muffle yesterday. The fix of remove muffle, restart, remove accounts, restart, add accounts ... did not fix my problem. Which I see is just like 3 others who posted while I was writing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I'm unable to download the body of any message from any account. I just installed muffle yesterday. The fix of remove muffle, restart, remove accounts, restart, add accounts ... did not fix my problem. Which I see is just like 3 others who posted while I was writing this.
    I think I read somewhere in one of the threads that you have to uninstall the patch, then remove the email accounts and reinstall the email account for it to work. I have 5 email accounts and a ton of emails so it's too much work to go through right now... I'll just wait a few days for a fix/update.
    me too can't retrieve whole email..please help
    For me, simply removing muffle (v...22) solved the problem. I didn't have to recreate accounts, but I had to reboot twice due to the email app not starting after the first reboot.

I rebooted, then email app wouldn't start, so rebooted again. After 2nd reboot, an old email that I had downloaded before removing muffle v...22 had its attachment and I could open it.

Also, I could open attachments from email downloaded after removing muffle v...22.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/07/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to download attachments since having the muffle system logging v. 21. I just assumed I had a network issue.
    Yah, I thought it was a bug with the TouchPad. It was Muffle all along.
    I doctered and set everything up again in under 30mins, (most time was spent doing other stuff while the doctor and apps were installed ) , am going stock this time , no overclocking or muffled system logs. So far after 6 hrs use I'm very happy
    well for me one account wasnt working right...but i just readded it...im just going to wait for the update to fix it...that shouldn't be much of a problem
    Hopefully it gets fixed soon, seems like such a big issue I think the dev will fix it quickly.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    What does the doctor do, where is it and how do you use it?
  17. Dis
    I had this problem too. removed patch, restarted, removed email account, restarted, set account back up, attachments download now.
    I'll probably reinstall this patch once this issue is sorted.
    I have just this thread just after I downloaded and applied the Muffle patch.
    Interestingly I have 2 email accounts, IMAP(GMAIL) and a POP3 account.
    My Gmail account forwards to my POP3 account as my POP3 account is my main one.

I sent an email with a photo attachment from my wifes account to my Gmail account, worked perfectly I could see the email in both my accounts and the attachment downloaded and was correctly indexed/viewed through the picture app.

So for me so far I cannot see a problem, am I missing something ??
    I have all the standard speed patches applied but am running the standard kernel.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Any news from the patch developer yet and whether is nows what the problem is and how to fix?
    I've pushed updates to the Pre3 and TouchPad.

The problem is that 2 copies of the filecache daemon was being started. Due to the way, processes are started in /etc/event.d and how the patch process creates a backup file, it causes problems.

So the changes to activitymanager, filecache and keymanager have been backed out pending a new way of doing patches which will take a lot longer to figure out.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    mcbooth and Dis like this.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast