Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Hmm weird, I sent two identical emails with attachment (.doc) to my yahoo and gmail accounts. When I actually tried it and the first time with Yahoo mail, I got a 3099 (or 3039 error - i forgot) when downloading the attachment. So I went and tried it with my gmail but the download went through. Then I went back to Yahoo mail and downloaded the attachment, this time it didn't give me errors. Everything looks fine, although I haven't tested it fully yet.

BTW, I'm on 3.0.2-22
    Hmm that could be related. I'm only running gmail. While I had v22 installed the download would go through just fine, but the file wouldn't save and you would be unable to open the file FROM the email itself. So you might try actually opening the file.

Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    removed through email prefs and via accounts app
    Try removing again and restarting without muffle having been installed or uninstalled during that session? (IE no muffle at all for one full restart)
    I've been able to download attachments prior to version 22. However, I've noticed that pics that I added to my Touchpad from my gmail accnt, I can no longer open them from my Touchpad gmail accnt after they've been downloaded to my Tpad.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Hmm that could be related. I'm only running gmail. While I had v22 installed the download would go through just fine, but the file wouldn't save and you would be unable to open the file FROM the email itself. So you might try actually opening the file.
    Ok, I did another test. Again, I sent two identical emails to my yahoo and gmail accounts. However, this time, I attached 3 different files (jpeg, doc, m4a).

If I understood you correctly (sorry, Im still new to WebOS), in the email interface > under the subject line > there are the attachment (it has a number "3") > when I click that "3", it breaks down into 3 and it will show my attachment > So I click the first file (.jpg) then I see a progress bar like it is saving it > then it opens a small window that shows my picture. If I click the 2nd attachement (.doc), I see the bar then it shows Quickoffice with my document showing it > the same goes the m4a (sound plays).

I'm not sure if that's what you meant about saving it, but, the music player says that the file is located at /var/file-cache/attachment/J/soundsample.m4a (while its playing).

So right now, I could say that I didn't have any problems with attachment after updating to .22 but I had the problem earlier but only once.

Hope this helps.
    :/ I'm getting the same error abagee is getting... Removed email accounts from 'acounts' app. Removed patch, restarted TP, linked email accounts. Attempted to download file and got the error.
  5.    #25  
    I think this issue might be more complex than I thought... :-( different email accounts file types, etc.

at the very least I hope my fix worked for someone else. :/
    Last edited by Aredon; 09/07/2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    And now I screwed my TP. After removing the patch and rebooting, the thing won't boot anymore. I get the HP logo, but it won't get to the stage that it blinks.

What to do now. How do I get it into recovery mode?

I'm very ****ed now
    I removed the patch and rebooted. Any pic files that I send to my gmail as an attachment account can be downloaded onto my Touchpad via the email app. However, the files that were having issues before I removed the patch are still the same. Not a big problem for me as they're still attachments that are accessible via my PC. I guess I can remove the email account and resync it but I think I'm ok w/o doing that right now. Most of the pic files were already previously saved to my Touchpad before this issue popped up so I'm good for now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    And now I screwed my TP. After removing the patch and rebooting, the thing won't boot anymore. I get the HP logo, but it won't get to the stage that it blinks.

What to do now. How do I get it into recovery mode?

I'm very ****ed now
    you can try holding the power button for 30s. A friend of mine had to do that when he first got his tp, it wouldn't boot out of the box. But you may just have a slow boot while it tries to figure stuff out...be patient... It can take upwards of 5 min to boot after changes.

also can try
    power button + home button (hold both) = force restart.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

if neither of those work, its time to go read up on webOS doctor
    Last edited by Aredon; 09/07/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    been having this problem downloading an ipk from a dev I'm beta testing for. Will have to try to fix ronight.
    I saw this thread right after updating to 22, so I sent myself an email with a PDF attached and a picture in the signature. Picture showed up fine in the email's body and I was able to download and open the PDF just fine, so no problems here, yet.
    Has the OP tried contacting the developer to see what's actually going on? I would hate the developer to take the blame when there are so many other variables that may be causing the issue. (if the patch were strictly to blame, my email wouldn't be working)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmerohueso View Post
    I saw this thread right after updating to 22, so I sent myself an email with a PDF attached and a picture in the signature. Picture showed up fine in the email's body and I was able to download and open the PDF just fine, so no problems here, yet.
    Has the OP tried contacting the developer to see what's actually going on? I would hate the developer to take the blame when there are so many other variables that may be causing the issue. (if the patch were strictly to blame, my email wouldn't be working)
    Can you confirm if it still works with an email with attachment that's from someone else?

I have 5 email accounts on my TP and I can confirm that the problem exists for all 5 accounts, for emails containing attachment and it looks like for html emails where it needs to get a lot of images as well.

My guess is that it probably has something to do with the level of blocking that just needs to be reduced a little back to where it was... Words about this thread has been forwarded to the dev who worked on that patch.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I had to visit the doctor. Advantage, totally rid of this buggy evil patch. Drawback, it will take ours again before the TP is completely setup again
    Didn't work for me.

Now, question is to those who did doctor, did you run the Muffle System Logging patch after install?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Can you confirm if it still works with an email with attachment that's from someone else?

I have 5 email accounts on my TP and I can confirm that the problem exists for all 5 accounts, for emails containing attachment and it looks like for html emails where it needs to get a lot of images as well.

My guess is that it probably has something to do with the level of blocking that just needs to be reduced a little back to where it was... Words about this thread has been forwarded to the dev who worked on that patch.
    I did. It was from my work email to my personal email.
    How about waiting a bit and letting the dev have some time to figure/fix this issue before you doctor?
    Muffle System Logging patch causes new pictures, images and photos not to show up in the on device file indexer as well. I removed the muffle system logging patches, as they seem to be more of an inconvenience than they're worth.
    well does the dev of the patch know about this yet ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well does the dev of the patch know about this yet ???
    Yes. I reached out and the message has been delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Muffle System Logging patch causes new pictures, images and photos not to show up in the on device file indexer as well. I removed the muffle system logging patches, as they seem to be more of an inconvenience than they're worth.
    I noticed this earlier, but a simple reboot fixed it
    the fix worked for me. Removed patch. Restart. Remove accounts. Restart. Add accounts. The ipk I couldn't download yesterday downloaded and installed. This was driving me crazy last night and this morning so thanks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast