Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Worked like a charm thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K., with EFW as backup, I just installed v.23. Here goes nothing.....

EDIT/update: After installing and doing Luna reboot, I sent an email with an attachment. The attachment wouldn't download and the e-mail text wouldn't download. I then installed the EFW and did Luna reboot. I sent an e-mail with a .png and a Word doc. attachments. Neither would download!

So I uninstalled v.23 of MSL and rebooted. The attachments still would not download.

I then installed the EFW again (I couldn't find it in "installed packages," so I assumed it needs to be installed each time you run it, yes?) and rebooted.

I then sent another email with the two attachments and they still won't download.

(I should have listened to that little voice in my head that was warning about installing v.23! )

Please advise on what to do next or what I might be doing wrong. Thanks.
    Join the #webos-internals IRC channel for real-time debug.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks work for me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Join the #webos-internals IRC channel for real-time debug.

-- Rod
    Rod, I don't have an Instant Messaging client on my Windows 7 machine. What do you recommend I do in order to get the IRC channel support? Is there a secure IM program around? Sorry, but I've never used IM. Thanks.
    Finally the filechace wipe patch solved my problem.
    there was no need to uninstall the muffle v23 NOR to remove my email accounts.
    After applying the patch and immediatly reboot everything is working fine again.

All other things did not work for me...

many Thanks to to Rod for the patch ! and many thanks to codecrumb for supporting me trying to resolve this.
    I really appreciate such a community where the people stay together and someone is developing a patch to fix an issue which accidently happens by applying a patch form another one!!!
    seeing several methods and new versions and patches to fix this issue now, can someone please do a step by step of what us noobies should do to fix this issue, cuz this thread is all over the place and just confused the heck out of me...please
    EFW in Preware.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    EFW in Preware.

-- Rod
    whats that mean?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    C'mon guys, get out of this post and discover the internet. Rod's gotta better things to do (like answer the 20 questions I just asked about Pre3 RAM in another thread :-))than answer questions that are the first hit on the results list in Google.:

@elykoj
    Let me google that for you

@Pre in MN
    IRC isn't really IMming. Google "IRC" for some basic commands, then use the wIRC from Preware (right on your Pre!!!) or go here:
    freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    thanks Rod so much! This fixed the problem perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    C'mon guys, get out of this post and discover the internet. Rod's gotta better things to do (like answer the 20 questions I just asked about Pre3 RAM in another thread :-))than answer questions that are the first hit on the results list in Google.:

@elykoj
    Let me google that for you

@Pre in MN
    IRC isn't really IMming. Google "IRC" for some basic commands, then use the wIRC from Preware (right on your Pre!!!) or go here:
    freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
    Hey Goyena in France,

Didn't have time to google anything because we're too busy running the world (into the ground) over here in the US......

But seriously, as my grade school principal used to make us say, "Thank you for correcting me!" Yah, I was too lazy to wonder if "IRC" was something I could look up--just assumed it was a webOSinternals thing or whatever excuse my lazy mind came up with at the time.

Anyway, I'll look into it on Preware and see what happens (I've got a bad feeling I'll be back with more questions, though.... )

Au revoir!
    just came here to say... Rod you are a boss! EFW worked like a charm. I was getting the email attachment issue, all I did was install EFW, restarted and boom. Attachment loaded successfully.

no need to xterm or linux cli
    I had it on, took it off when I saw this thread but never got the problem. What I can't tell by following this thread is: is the current version safe to install? I can certainly do without it if I'm going to have to spend a bunch of time clearing out caches with Rod's patch.
    Update time:

Tonight I thought I'd experiment again. One of the attachments I sent to my TP in an e-mail referred to in my last post was a screenshot/.png file. Nothing would download, not the .png file or Word docs--even the e-mail body text wouldn't download.

Tonight I tried to send Word and .pdf files only. They worked. Then I installed v. 23, rebooted, and then the EWF...(oops! sorry, just an old habit from my youth in the 70s...great band, though!), ahem, the EFW. The .png file still won't download, but a separate e-mail with Word and .pdf files does download.

So, perhaps that .png file is corrupt? It was from the TP, a Preware error log from a download failure for a patch. Has anyone else had trouble with .png files? What gives?!
    I just got my TouchPad 2 days ago, and I wan't to disable logging. Is there any difference between installing this patch, and typing "##logs#" on the dial pad to disable logging?

Is one method better than the other????
    Do both
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Note to all! Try using EMERGENCY FILECACHE WIPE found in preware. Worked for me!
    Worked for me, too. EFW FTW!
    Best.
    Community.
    Ever.*

Gonna try EFW now. RW you're the man!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Update: works like a champ.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities