Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I've tried running that command with -5 and -7, but I can't get e-mails to load at all and Pivot won't load either. Hopefully someone fixes this soon because I really hoping to avoid another trip to the doctor.
    I'm in the same situation. Removing patch, ran the commandline, reinstalled patch, emails still not showing up. Tried commandline again with 5 rather than 7, still no emails. Rebooted device between commandlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    For people waiting for .24, there is no reason not to install .23. .22 was the culprit and has been fixed in .23.
    Nope, sorry. I had .22, uninstalled it and installed .23 and could still not see any of my emails. Cmd fix allowed me to read my emails but still can't see attachments. Now need to doctor..

I wouldn't touch this patch until *users* stop reporting problems, not just the developer.
    I had v22 on my TP and didn't have any problems with email attachments. Then I ran across this thread and got a little nervous, so I uninstalled it. Everything is still working fine after the uninstall - no email problems, Pivot working in the HP store, etc. Honestly, I really don't notice any difference in performance without the muffler, but I'm still curious. Should I install v23 now? What are the odds that it will cause the problems experienced by so many in this thread? I'm comfortable working with Preware, but the Linux command line stuff is outside of my comfort zone, so if that's necessary to make this work, then I think I'll just do without.
    Hi,

I don't know that I ever had v22 installed but I do have v23 installed now, may have gone from v21- v23. Haven't really check for updates until just the other day. But I have found that my attachments are not working either.

I tried removing v23 and then removing my gmail account and then adding it back and reinstalling v23. Still not working.

Will try the other steps mentioned as well.

One other thing I have noticed is that Tea Reader is no longer working now I get a 401 error when it loads up and it won't display any feeds.

Anyone seeing issues with Tea reader? I could live without attachements for now but not my Google feeds

Thanks
    I removed Tea Reader and reinstalled and rebooted my touchpad, it is working again
    Code:
    Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    To all the users who can't figure this out follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the Muffle System Logging patch
    2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    3. In WOSQI, go to Tools -> Linux Command Line
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad

I understand the risk behind installing these patches. However, I wish some of our users were a little more friendly with noobs. We're a community based on friendship, passion, and knowledge. We're not based on arrogance.
    for me is working good after this, now i have also reinstalled muffle system .23 and still email attachments working good.....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    mfbtech likes this.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Worked for me. Thanks!
    I can't uninstall this patch. Any recommendations on what to do when th
    is happens?
    mfbtech likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TT67 View Post
    I had v22 on my TP and didn't have any problems with email attachments. Then I ran across this thread and got a little nervous, so I uninstalled it. Everything is still working fine after the uninstall - no email problems, Pivot working in the HP store, etc. Honestly, I really don't notice any difference in performance without the muffler, but I'm still curious. Should I install v23 now? What are the odds that it will cause the problems experienced by so many in this thread? I'm comfortable working with Preware, but the Linux command line stuff is outside of my comfort zone, so if that's necessary to make this work, then I think I'll just do without.
    *ditto* Couldn't have said it better.
    I have created an "Emergency Filecache Wipe" tool to repair the impact of this issue.

Details are currently in @webosinternals Twitter. Once testing is complete it will be released to the public feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Much thanks to Rod for doing this!
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Rod just released an update to Emergency Filecache Wipe. Run this RIGHT NOW if you still have problems with -22.

"RT @webosinternals: Emergency Filecache Wipe (EFW) is now available in Preware to fix all your email attachment and missing Pivot problems."
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    RedEEmeR likes this.
    After having the problem 2 days ago and using the "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes process (i used -4) per suggestions the problem was back again this morning. I just ran the new "Emergency Filecache Wipe" tool posted as a Preware Utility. We are good again. I did remove the "muffle system logging" and will not install any new versions until it has time to be tested.
    I ran the cmd line as well and while got email back, lost Pivot. EFW worked, and now I have the original Pivot back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I ran the cmd line as well and while got email back, lost Pivot. EFW worked, and now I have the original Pivot back.
    Give it 10-15 minutes. That original Pivot will be replaced with September issue.
    I did the command line as well and lost Pivot but fixed email.

Running the EFW did work to get Pivot back, but now none of my email is loading. I'm going to try running EFW a second time though.

Edit: Running EFW a second time fixed it again. Not sure why it broke again though.
    wohoo.. got my emails back! followed the cmd line steps (with 7). didn't even need to delete and re-add email accounts! Sept pivot still there... thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Give it 10-15 minutes. That original Pivot will be replaced with September issue.
    Yep. It's up now.
    O.K., with EFW as backup, I just installed v.23. Here goes nothing.....

EDIT/update: After installing and doing Luna reboot, I sent an email with an attachment. The attachment wouldn't download and the e-mail text wouldn't download. I then installed the EFW and did Luna reboot. I sent an e-mail with a .png and a Word doc. attachments. Neither would download!

So I uninstalled v.23 of MSL and rebooted. The attachments still would not download.

I then installed the EFW again (I couldn't find it in "installed packages," so I assumed it needs to be installed each time you run it, yes?) and rebooted.

I then sent another email with the two attachments and they still won't download.

(I should have listened to that little voice in my head that was warning about installing v.23! )

Please advise on what to do next or what I might be doing wrong. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 09/14/2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    To all the users who can't figure this out follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the Muffle System Logging patch
    2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    3. In WOSQI, go to Tools -> Linux Command Line
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad
    I followed these instructions but also deleted my exchange account between steps 1 and 3 (done before I found this thread). I then re-added my Exchange account after step 5. This process worked for me. Also, the latest issue of Pivot was still available. Thanks for your help as this was a huge pain for me.