Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK_MischieF View Post
    Glad to see success among the community- however I can no longer remove the patch. I get an Unable to run command- IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT error with a bunch of hunk errors.

I'll try to run the command through Quick Install when I get home.
    I also have this problem. I'm running v23 and can't uninstall it. The webOS Repair Utility doesn't appear to be for the TP, so I'm unsure if I should give it a go to try to remove v23 or not.

My email problem is with my Yahoo! account only. Every email attachment turns into "winmail.dat" and cannot be opened. Has anyone else seen this? My Gmail account works fine.

I'm thinking I need to be able to uninstall v23 before I do ANYTHING else. Is this assumption correct or should I go ahead and try the command line fix?

I'm not seeing the v24 update in Preware or WOSQI. Is there a link?
    I have not released a v24. 23 is the latest.
    I tried all the fixes to no avail- uninstalling, removing accounts and re-adding didnt work, and the patch became unremoveable- the command line didn't appear to do anything either. I used the Emergency Patch Recovery and retried the command lime- again no luck. Of course while doing this I rebooted the device almost after eacg step.

I visited the Doctor- ~1 hour later everything is better, barring the loss of my Robotic record and Quell progress. I really recommend people who are still battling this issue to try the Doctor- it was a valuable learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    To all the users who can't figure this out follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the Muffle System Logging patch
    2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    3. In WOSQI, go to Tools -> Linux Command Line
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad

I understand the risk behind installing these patches. However, I wish some of our users were a little more friendly with noobs. We're a community based on friendship, passion, and knowledge. We're not based on arrogance.

Just want to say thanks, I followed this to the word (already had WOSQI installed but for anyone wanting to do this today, after you remove the patch and are about to run step 4. if you do it today and enter either 4 or 5 in the command line instead of 7 you will still have access to Pivot too.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I'm a touchpad preware newbie and am having the email download prob. I do not you understand how to fix it I used the muffled patch
    I followed this step by step, NO success... Instead, after type in those Linux commands, the account which worked fine before could NOT show body text - ALL accounts went down!
    After a full erase, the ones working before was working well again, but the problem account still shows no text...
    BTW, want to mention that, the emails with attachment CAN show text properly, those with pure text do NOT show the contents.
    Super annoying... Anyone can give me a help, I would appreciate.

2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad

I understand the risk behind installing these patches. However, I wish some of our users were a little more friendly with noobs. We're a community based on friendship, passion, and knowledge. We're not based on arrogance.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

5. Restart your TouchPad

Followed this exactly and used 5 instead of 7. Email working fine and still have Pivot available. Thanks!
    For any who follow these instructions, be sure you get the spacing correct in the command line just as it appears
    Last edited by gdinger; 09/12/2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Typo
    This solution worked for me. I didn't have to uninstall Muffle System Logging patch. I have v 23 of Muffle System Logging. I ran the Linux command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" through WOSQI. I can now read all emails again. I used -7 and it looks like I still have Pivot. Does anyone know if it will cause any other problems since I left Muffle System Logging installed?
    Uninstalled and doing O.K., it seems.

Anyone know when a fix/v.24 is coming out?
    Uninstalled muffle and then ran the cammand line using 5 instead of 7. All is good now. will wait for muffle 24 to reinstall.
    i tried all described things and nothing worked for me.
    I'm still NOT able to read emails while being able to load attachments but still have NO body text displayed.

Anything else i can try to fix?
    I really want to avoid doctoring my TP.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i was having this problem, too. all i did was uninstall MSL and it all went back to normal.
    If everything else fails, doctor.

For people waiting for .24, there is no reason not to install .23. .22 was the culprit and has been fixed in .23.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    I had the problem with 23, but I think it started before i updated to 23. So now that it is working again you are saying it is safe to reinstall 23?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    emails stopped working for me, and i followed the instructions ver batim. really don't want to use webos doctor.
    For all of us with blank Pivot magazine now, has anyone tried playing with manually setting the date back a month to load an old one and then move it forward again? I haven't tried but just wondering if anyone else tried any tricks like that?
    I could not see a single email even after upgrading the MSL patch and then uninstalling the patch. This took care of it but now I don't have MSL. Will a future update for MSL fix this bug?

Is there a way to manual do what the MSL patch does without installing the patch??

Edit: Scratch that - I could not see my emails at all. Now I can but attachments are not showing up. Grrrr. Really don't want to doctor...
    Last edited by El Valluco; 09/12/2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've tried running that command with -5 and -7, but I can't get e-mails to load at all and Pivot won't load either. Hopefully someone fixes this soon because I really hoping to avoid another trip to the doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    If everything else fails, doctor.

For people waiting for .24, there is no reason not to install .23. .22 was the culprit and has been fixed in .23.
    What else has been added to .23 besides the fix for the email attachments? I am just wondering why I should upgrade past .21 on my HP touchpad.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEEmeR View Post
    i tried all described things and nothing worked for me.
    I'm still NOT able to read emails while being able to load attachments but still have NO body text displayed.

Anything else i can try to fix?
    I really want to avoid doctoring my TP.

Thanks in advance.
    Have you restarted your device yet?