Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Nah, don't let it discourage you. You can now say that you're an official homebrew user! You got your feet wet.We've all gone through it at one time or another. Happened to me and my Pre a couple of years ago with text messaging patches.

It's all good. WebDr is there for you to reset your device to stock settings. It's a last resort but I've used it on my Pre countless times. It's not as bad as you might think. It's fairly easy to do. Just take everything off of your USB drive that you want to keep. I don't remember if WebDr 3.0.2 will erase the USB partition. I'd remove my stuff just to be safe.

Welcome to homebrewing. It gets much easier and it's one of the main reasons I'm still with WebOS (been using it since launch day of the Sprint Pre which is still my only phone today).
    ummm....if you check my stats on the left there, you'll see I'm no webOS rookie--I was referring to all the new folks trying Homebrew in the past month or so.

That said, I DID miss that v.22 was from a test feed....oh well, live n' learn.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    App catalog is back up and running for me. FYI
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    LOL calm down, the App Store has been down for at least the last hour. They are working on it. Just funny timing. It was not your command, though! Relax.

Phew!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Yep. Worked like a charm.
    and yet no thanks? What is this world coming to? :-)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I tried the command line first with "7," which successfully fixed my email problems but like many of you have mentioned, also caused me to lose Pivot. Then I tried the command line again, this time with "4" instead of "7," but Pivot is still missing. I know that the HP App Catalog was down for a while, but because the Categories section is now up and running and Pivot remains a blank page, I doubt that the Catalog is the issue. Am I stuck with this or will the arrival of the October issue fix the problem?

P.S. Any of y'all know when the October issue is scheduled to be released?
    Last edited by tomatosauce; 09/09/2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomatosauce View Post
    I tried the command line first with "7," which successfully fixed my email problems but like many of you have mentioned, also caused me to lose Pivot. Then I tried the command line again, this time with "4" instead of "7," but Pivot is still missing.
    FYI, that command finds all files modified in the past N days and deletes them. Therefore running it with "4" after running it with "7" wouldn't help.
    Would it be possible to delete the App Catalog app, and reinstall it by loading the .ipk? In that case, where do we find the ipk?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Catalog, email, and system update are broken for me all morning. Guess its not just me.....or maybe it is
    MAssive power outage in that area of CA, possibly related but either way just RELAX
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Emails coming in fixed! Just used the terminal to do find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \; and it worked perfectly, thanks so much! Also my app catalog appears to be back up now.
    Has anyone tried the 3.0.2.23 update yet? Hopefully it fixes the email attachments and "An error occurred downloading this message" email issues.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
    Has anyone tried the 3.0.2.23 update yet? Hopefully it fixes the email attachments and "An error occurred downloading this message" email issues.
    Not if you already has v22 installed.
    Hey guys, first post, long time lurker. This has me at my wits end! I've tried everything to fix this issue. I've ran the linux command with a seven, followed by a restart, uninstalled MSL 23 and tried again, then tried running it with a 4...still nothing. I really do not want to call the Doctor to fix this, any advice for a homebrew noob?
    *UPDATE* It seems to be working as intended via the command line, for some reason I just had to remove the accounts, then readd them...I can see emails, so I'm not going to ask questions >_>
    To all the users who can't figure this out follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the Muffle System Logging patch
    2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    3. In WOSQI, go to Tools -> Linux Command Line
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad

I understand the risk behind installing these patches. However, I wish some of our users were a little more friendly with noobs. We're a community based on friendship, passion, and knowledge. We're not based on arrogance.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    joemikecox likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    To all the users who can't figure this out follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the Muffle System Logging patch
    2. Put your TouchPad is developer mode (Just Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart") and install webOS Quick Install on your PC
    3. In WOSQI, go to Tools -> Linux Command Line
    4. Enter the command "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" with no quotes
    5. Restart your TouchPad

I understand the risk behind installing these patches. However, I wish some of our users were a little more friendly with noobs. We're a community based on friendship, passion, and knowledge. We're not based on arrogance.
    Unfortunately that did not work for me, command line did say that -exec needs an argument. I also tried the first method in this thread and that also did not work for me. Still getting "An error occurred downloading this message" and I'm not really sure what to do.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TT67 View Post
    Version 24 now showing as an update in preware. Anyone try it yet?
    I was just going to ask the same thing. My installed says version 4...
    I can't read any e-mails, attachments or not. Says An error occurred downloading this message for all emails. I'm thinking I'll have to use doctor :/ I really don't want to though.

EDIT
    Cool well, for anyone that has tried running the command through WOSQI and has had no success, try running the command through Xterm Xecutah (as others have suggested before me) . I did it and it now my email is working again! Going to reinstall muffle system log patch, thinking everything should be fine and dandy now.
    Last edited by finecismad; 09/09/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Command works like charm. If you experience problems, check to make sure you have your spaces in the right places. Lastly, this is the perfect job for Xecutah and Xterm.
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Unfortunately that did not work for me, command line did say that -exec needs an argument. I also tried the first method in this thread and that also did not work for me. Still getting "An error occurred downloading this message" and I'm not really sure what to do.
    make sure you have space between {} \; or it will give that error

can use xterm with xecutah also